Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's Anthony or bust for me. Gotta find a way to get him.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    It's Anthony or bust for me. Gotta find a way to get him.
    How do you guys compare Anthony's skills to Kendricks'? Would anyone here be bummed if the Packers selected Kendricks over Anthony?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Albert Breer reports Todd Gurley medical recheck (5 different teams asked) have gone well. Likely will be available to start Week 1.

Practice before and start the game or just start practicing he doesn't specify.

And this leads us right back to the debate about the NFL rendering its own judgements outside the legal system:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 36s36 seconds ago
    Greg Hardy suspended 10 games. NFL investigation concludes he used physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances ...
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-22-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Albert Breer reports Todd Gurley medical recheck (5 different teams asked) have gone well. Likely will be available to start Week 1.

Practice before and start the game or just start practicing he doesn't specify.

And this leads us right back to the debate about the NFL rendering its own judgements outside the legal system:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 36s36 seconds ago
    Greg Hardy suspended 10 games. NFL investigation concludes he used physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances ...
    Roughing the kicker gets you 15 yards, roughing the Holder gets you 10 games.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Roughing the kicker gets you 15 yards, roughing the Holder gets you 10 games.
    take it to FYI
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

PB, I wonder if that means that the Cowboys will just cut him? 10 out of 16 games...man! Sure, his deal is very incentive-laden, but is it even worth it for the 6 games that you'll have him, and all the pub?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    PB, I wonder if that means that the Cowboys will just cut him? 10 out of 16 games...man! Sure, his deal is very incentive-laden, but is it even worth it for the 6 games that you'll have him, and all the pub?
    I think the games available bonuses mean the Cowboys expected something like this. But even if its on the high side for them, they aren't going to reconsider until he appeals.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I would think its worth it. Hardy would be fresh and probably hitting his stide come playoff time. Assuming...... This really helps the cowboys from what I can tell. Now all the money they save not paying him those first 10 games can go elsewhere. 6+ million iI believe.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I would think its worth it. Hardy would be fresh and probably hitting his girlfriend come playoff time.
    FIFY
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Good choice, Wist. Everyone talks about the really flashy, sexy WR's. I think Nelson Agholor is a swiss army knife. His return skills would really help too. I heard him interviewed on Sirius XM and he sounds very articulate, and like a gym rat, football guy, very much into process, route running, and improvement. I hope he slips and that TT is forced to consider drafting him purely out of value. I think he could be one of those guys who blooms in the NFL, especially if he plays with a great QB.

Anyone do any research on Davis Tull, DE/OLB from U.Tenn-Chattanooga. Looks like he played DE but might be trying to make the switch to OLB in a 3-4. His measurables are really good.

I watched some tape and he's relentless. He doesn't always get to the QB, but disrupts the pocket when he doesn't.

Draft sites have him all over the board from a 3-4 Rounder all the way to a FA. Thoughts on this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Anyone do any research on Davis Tull, DE/OLB from U.Tenn-Chattanooga. Looks like he played DE but might be trying to make the switch to OLB in a 3-4. His measurables are really good.

I watched some tape and he's relentless. He doesn't always get to the QB, but disrupts the pocket when he doesn't.

Draft sites have him all over the board from a 3-4 Rounder all the way to a FA. Thoughts on this guy?
    I posted about him in the other thread... I have him as ILB though - don't think he can make on the outside. Short arms gets him hung up quite a bit - but I like his motor, he runs well, seems instinctive, and he's tough... he belongs inside in the NFL IMO.
    wist

Good choice, Wist. Everyone talks about the really flashy, sexy WR's. I think Nelson Agholor is a swiss army knife. His return skills would really help too. I heard him interviewed on Sirius XM and he sounds very articulate, and like a gym rat, football guy, very much into process, route running, and improvement. I hope he slips and that TT is forced to consider drafting him purely out of value. I think he could be one of those guys who blooms in the NFL, especially if he plays with a great QB.
    A Swiss Army knife? Packers tried a toolbelt with Tori Gurley, but he didn't stick in GB (or anywhere else). The thing about that type of a player is they still have to have at least one tool that is exceptional, and Tori didn't. Does Agholor?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    A Swiss Army knife? Packers tried a toolbelt with Tori Gurley, but he didn't stick in GB (or anywhere else). The thing about that type of a player is they still have to have at least one tool that is exceptional, and Tori didn't. Does Agholor?
    Runs good routes, gets into and out of his breaks quickly, has good hands, good production... the kid is a player.

Sr. year - 104 catches, 1313 yds, 12 TD's
    wist

Old saw, but I want to reiterate two points: one, that outside of the QB position, I am all for the BPA choice in the first round, which is the round most people want TT to use to draft for need.

But if you can get a workmanlike, Hawk-like, serviceable ILB with your first round pick, or you could get a guy whom you're pretty sure can become an All Pro, you've got to take that guy. I make exception for the QB position just because if you draft a QB in the first round I don't think you'll very likely get your use of him. You'll develop him for a year or two, and his contract will almost be up, and if you're lucky Arod will still be playing. So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.

The second point is that I realize that none of us really know WTF is a good pick or not a good pick until years later. Not even Ted knows when he picks a guy. We have opinions, yes, and we sometimes try to back them with stats or film clips, but on the whole, we can bitch and moan or get all excited, but we just don't know.

Here's a list of Packer picks I was very excited about. And it's not a complete list, just a few names I loved when they were called during the Packers' time on the clock:

Jerel Worthy
    Robert "Turd" Ferguson
    Darrell Thompson
    Will Blackmon
    Khyri Thornton
    Derrick Sherrod
    Alex Green
    Patrick Lee
    Abdul Hodge
    Kenny Peterson
    Fred Vinson
    Derrick Mayes
    Gabe Wilins

The Washout Hall of Fame, for the most part. Doh!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.
    Fuck dude....way to pick that old scab.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Fuck dude....way to pick that old scab.
    That's nothing.

Try 4th and 26.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Old saw, but I want to reiterate two points: one, that outside of the QB position, I am all for the BPA choice in the first round, which is the round most people want TT to use to draft for need.

But if you can get a workmanlike, Hawk-like, serviceable ILB with your first round pick, or you could get a guy whom you're pretty sure can become an All Pro, you've got to take that guy. I make exception for the QB position just because if you draft a QB in the first round I don't think you'll very likely get your use of him. You'll develop him for a year or two, and his contract will almost be up, and if you're lucky Arod will still be playing. So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.

The second point is that I realize that none of us really know WTF is a good pick or not a good pick until years later. Not even Ted knows when he picks a guy. We have opinions, yes, and we sometimes try to back them with stats or film clips, but on the whole, we can bitch and moan or get all excited, but we just don't know.

Here's a list of Packer picks I was very excited about. And it's not a complete list, just a few names I loved when they were called during the Packers' time on the clock:

Jerel Worthy
    Robert "Turd" Ferguson
    Darrell Thompson
    Will Blackmon
    Khyri Thornton
    Derrick Sherrod
    Alex Green
    Patrick Lee
    Abdul Hodge
    Kenny Peterson
    Fred Vinson
    Derrick Mayes
    Gabe Wilins

The Washout Hall of Fame, for the most part. Doh!
    OF THAT LIST I BOLDED THE ONES I HATED and UNDERLINED THE ONES I LOVED

Still upset we drafted the Fraud over Chris Chambers !!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

@RobDemovsky

Former #Packers WR Donald Driver will announce the team's second-round pick in next week's draft, the NFL says.

Cool
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

C'mon, this is the draft thread. A tale of overall, sustained excellence for 23 years.

If you want to self-flagellate, start a coaching decision thread with Holmgren trying to teach Dorsey Levens a lesson about holding out in camp.