Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Blog Entries
    Agree with Joe; everybody is going to be trying to trade down, including Ted. IMO they won't get as much in past years. Most feel draft is top heavy, picks 7-20 are about the same player, and then the next twenty are as well.

TT might be tempted to draft a player with incredible talent but troubled past....could the Nebrasks pass rusher fall or the LB who smoked week just before the draft tests fall.........or value at CB or WR...........but he'll b trying like hell to trade down.

This year is considered crazy just as deep as last year at WR

This year is considered to be one of the crappiest years ever at TE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Agree with Joe; everybody is going to be trying to trade down, including Ted. IMO they won't get as much in past years. Most feel draft is top heavy, picks 7-20 are about the same player, and then the next twenty are as well.

TT might be tempted to draft a player with incredible talent but troubled past....could the Nebrasks pass rusher fall or the LB who smoked week just before the draft tests fall.........or value at CB or WR...........but he'll b trying like hell to trade down.

This year is considered crazy just as deep as last year at WR

This year is considered to be one of the crappiest years ever at TE

Seems weak at LB too.

Bill Huber at gnb.scout.com opines that is there is a possibility for the Packers to trade back and get value moving out of the first round, its a trade with a team looking for a QB. His source says the Saints might be looking to grab Brett Hundley and want to have the fifth year option.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot, of garbage scouting on CBs out today.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think half the league might be trying to trade down.
    As long as the other half is trying to trade up.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Scout.com's NFL Scout ranks the CBs like this:

1. Marcus Peters
    2. Trae Waynes
    3. Eric Rowe
    big jump down
    4. Jalen Collins
    5. Kevin Johnson

Peters negatives were a predisposition to collecting personal fouls and short completions, but he did not get beat deep. Byron Jones did not get evaluated because of the number of missed games due to his injury.

What do the film room/You Tube junkies think of him?

EDIT: I apparently failed to recognize that he is the kid who got the boot from his own team.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-29-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Scout.com's NFL Scout ranks the CBs like this:

1. Marcus Peters
    2. Trae Waynes
    3. Eric Rowe
    big jump down
    4. Jalen Collins
    5. Kevin Johnson

Peters negatives were a predisposition to collecting personal fouls and short completions, but he did not get beat deep. Byron Jones did not get evaluated because of the number of missed games due to his injury.

What do the film room/You Tube junkies think of him?

EDIT: I apparently failed to recognize that he is the kid who got the boot from his own team.
    Peters reminds me of Charles Woodson both as a player and a person.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Woodson grew up by the time he came to town, though, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Bradford has short arms, and didn't show much of anything last year... short arms aren't a deal breaker necessarily, but if he doesn't have some other redeeming quality suited to playing ILB, I think it will be tough for him to stick around. All he had to do in college was go forward - playing ILB asks a lot more of a player than just flying off the edge. We'll see.

Dawson looks good on tape, but my God was a bad at the combine... slow and unathletic. So which guy is he?? A stud player on the next level, or a guy who looked artificially good b/c of the level of competition??

Anthony I like... a little stiff in the hips, and don't like his ability to change direction, but other than that, he's a decent player IMO.
    Your point about the short arms is good, but I was thinking more about the measureables plus whatever the coaches saw or did not see. So what I'm thinking is that someone like TT or MM has to think not only about whether Dawson is better than Anthony (or whomever), but whether they think he's better than Bradford.

On the other hand, this doesn't account for the possibility that they may be looking for a certain type of ILB. If they think of Barrington as a heavy hitter, a run stopper, do they want a rangier, more cover-guy type instead of going for another heavy hitter?

My own very limited sense is that McKinney may be the guy that has the most ceiling - if the coaches think he can be taught to cover well. I don't want two guys back there who bring the lumber but can't cover - but I don't want another Brad Jones, either.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What I would like to know, if anyone read it, would be which LB, Matthews or Barrington took over the Buck linebacker duty when Hawk left the starting lineup.

Hawk was essentially the strong LB, his job was to occupy the fifth lineman (usually a Guard in base). His declining size and strength made this very problematic last season. The other position (Barnett/Bishop/Jones) was Mack (weskit/pursuit).

If Matthews and Barrington stay starters, then you can draft for either.

If Matthews returns to OLB on early downs (unlikely unless they hit they jackpot) then you need Barrington's complement unless you think Thomas or Bradford will make it.

I believe the answer to your question is Barrington. I know they stuck Lattimore in there for a while once Brad Jones (Mack) was hurt and then eventually Barrington took over, but I still think the answer is Barrington.

Looking at the roster, we know that Bradford cannot be the Buck, so the immediate need in terms of bodies seems to be on the bigger role. But, getting a starter at the pursuit role would free up Matthews to play on the edge or on a fucking cloud if they wanted. Either would help the depth on the squad. Presuming a buck is taken, there's a chance that person could unseat Barrington as a starter, so that could be an upgrade, but taking the smaller role ILB would potentially upgrade our pass rush AND coverage.

Its logical because pursuit would be more natural to Clay than interior block shedding. But I think you are right that Lattimore then Barrington went in first at Mack for Jones.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premi...t.php?d=kucbbt

I've got a fever. The only prescription is more mocks!

034 - R2 CB MARCUS PETERS, WASHINGTON
    062 - R2 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY, CLEMSON
    094 - R3 CB ERIC ROWE, UTAH
    117 - R4 TE JEFF HEUERMAN, OHIO STATE
    129 - R4 FS ADRIAN AMOS, PENN STATE
    166 - R5 RB JEREMY LANGFORD, MICHIGAN STATE
    206 - R6 ILB MIKE HULL, PENN STATE
    210 - R6 ILB BRYCE HAGER, BAYLOR
    213 - R6 OT MITCH MORSE, MISSOURI
    247 - R7 FB JALSTON FOWLER, ALABAMA

Traded down into the mid-2nd with the Chargers, then traded back up with the Bucs to get Peters before he could get snapped up by the Raiders. Net gain of a mid-4th... Not realistic. Just pretend the Bucs traded up into the 1st from 34 overall...

No receivers in the 2nd or 3rd round... Mock invalidated. :/

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Smuggler, I nominate you to sit in the draft room, partake of the spread and whisper these picks in Ted's ear.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Smuggler, whose big board were you drafting from?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Do any of these players have "it"?
    C.H.U.D.

Maxie, I generally trust CBS the most of all the big boards. The fanspeak big boards are composite. Ergo, I can take advantage of the discrepancies in some situations (Rowe is a top-50 player on CBS, but only top-100 in the fanspeak list)

Freak Out, all of the "it" players were drafted by Chicago and were, in short order, out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Do any of these players have "it"?
    I think I can speak for Partial and say he would love Marcus Peters, warts and all. If that's not it, I don't know what it is.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2h2 hours ago
    Eagles are shopping LB Mychal Kendricks. Seeking a 2nd round pick in return. Teams are balking at that price but something could happen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    Two #Eagles defenders who teams believe could be had for the right price: DB Brandon Boykin & LB Mychal Kendricks.

Sheil Kapadia @SheilKapadia · 1h 1 hour ago
    History suggests when Chip doesn't want a player, he gives little regard to value. Opposing teams should pounce on Boykin/Kendricks [1/2]

Sheil Kapadia @SheilKapadia · 1h 1 hour ago
    Both are young, ascending players who are great athletes and have been productive in the league. [2/2]

nm