Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That advice ranks up there with "if you have nothing to hide, just answer a few questions let us search your xxx". No good ever came of it.

Am I the only one that thinks this kid is doing the right thing? This all came up way too close to the draft to be able to clear away to the satisfaction of teams drafting in the top half of the first, so he was costing himself money by entering the draft. He's right to pull out, take his time dealing with the police and going for the supplemental. I know the NFL is saying no right now, but if he's fully cleared I don't see what leg they have to stand on to keep him out.

My understanding the rules are clear and he hasn't a leg to stand on to force his way into the supplemental draft. If he didn't do anything it's completely not his fault and unfortunate. In this one case, the NFL hasn't done anythiong wrong either. He is in the draft pool and has been all along. It's up to the teams to pick or not pick.

what if, tampa really wanted mariota all along, and take him #1?

to me, watching them both play, mariota is the better QB

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what if, tampa really wanted mariota all along, and take him #1?

to me, watching them both play, mariota is the better QB

Chip would burst into tears and storm out of the war room.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Chip would burst into tears and storm out of the war room.
    just sit back, wait for the eagles to overpay for #2, then take their player

THAT, would be awesome

oh, and lets not forget about the biggest drama. if AP gets traded, its gonna happen tonight, or never

i was hoping ilb (or olb if clay stays inside) but we're so desperate for cb i think that's where we're going with the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i was hoping ilb (or olb if clay stays inside) but we're so desperate for cb i think that's where we're going with the first pick.
    I think its less desperation for CB than the quality of the players that will be available. They have their nickel CBs, but do need the dime guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 10m10 minutes ago
    Bears would only have $4 million in dead money from Jay Cutler’s $16.5 million 2015 cap hit if they traded him to Tennessee.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This job could be very boring tonight.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
    The #PackersDraft table is ready to go at Selection Square in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 10m10 minutes ago
    Bears would only have $4 million in dead money from Jay Cutler’s $16.5 million 2015 cap hit if they traded him to Tennessee.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
    ESPN's @BobHoltzmanESPN reports Bears have spoken with Titans about No. 2 overall pick, but Tenn not interested in Jay Cutler.

HA!

Holy predraft show Batman.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 16s16 seconds ago
    Everything I've heard is that Philly's offer to Tennessee is very substantial. Still seems like the sweet spot to me

After the excitement of a draft pick/Cutler trade, the excitement is petering out.

Latest Peterson rumor:

"Jason Cole throws out this possibility for how Adrian Peterson could be moved in the first round:

The Jacksonville Jaguars trade down from the #3 overall, still staying in the top 10 and picking up extra picks in the process. Jacksonville uses its top 10 pick on Amari Cooper, then turns around and trades whatever it picked up in the Cooper deal plus their 2nd rounder in exchange for Peterson."

Eagles offer rumor?

Ian Rapoport
    ‏@RapSheet
    What package are #Eagles talking about to go to No. 1 or No. 2? Two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, Fletcher Cox, Boykin, Kendricks, more. Wow.

Glad they are all over the picks again......fuckin aye

1. JAMEIS WINSTON | Florida State 6036|231 lbs|3SO Bessemer, Ala. (Hueytown HS) 1/6/1994 (age 21) #5
    2012: Redshirted GRADE 1st Round 2013: (14/14) 257-384/66.9%/4,057/40/10 88/219/2.5/4
    MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 | Hand: 09 3/8 | Wingspan: 78 3/4 2014: (13/13) 305-467/65.3%/3,907/25/18 57/65/1.1/3 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.97 | 10-YD: 1.74 | 20-YD: 2.89 | VJ: 28 1/2 | BJ: 08’07” | SS: 4.36 | 3C: 7.16 Total: (27/27) 562-851/66.0%/7,964/65/28 145/284/2.0/7 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) PRONUNCIATION Jame-us
    BACKGROUND: A five-star quarterback recruit out of high school, Winston received offers from every program in the country, but narrowed his college choice to LSU, Alabama and Florida State, committing to the Seminoles prior to his senior year in 2011. He redshirted during E.J. Manuel’s senior year in 2012 and beat Jacob Coker for the starting job in 2013, leading FSU to an undefeated 14-0 record, including the 2013 BCS National Championship. He finished with 66.9% completions (257-for384) for 4,057 passing yards and a school-record 40 passing touchdowns, becoming the youngest player ever to win the Heisman Trophy winner. Winston was a consensus All-American and the ACC Player of the Year, also winning the Davey O’Brien and Walter Camp Player of the Year Award. His production decreased slightly in 2014 over 13 starts with 65.3% completions, 3907 passing yards, 25 passing touchdowns and 18 interceptions (second-most in FBS), although he did set a new single season school record with 305 completions and earned First Team All-ACC honors as a sophomore. Winston also earned two letters on the Florida State baseball team as a reliever and outfielder, finishing his collegiate career with a 1.94 ERA, nine saves and a 2-2 record over 60.1 innings (also a .208 batting average as a hitter). He decided to bypass his final two seasons of eligibility in Tallahassee and enter the 2015 NFL Draft.
    STRENGTHS: Prototypical size for the position with natural flexibility and body control…possesses the arm strength to deliver strikes to all levels of the field with effortless motion…understands timing and touch and knows how to control his ball speeds…good ball placement and has functional experience with tight-windowed throws…sees the field well with above average anticipation, routinely delivering before his targets are looking for the ball…good recognition pre-snap to check in/out of plays and post-snap to quickly read and make decisions – experienced calling audibles at the line based on defensive alignment…handles pressure well and does a great job keeping his eyes downfield and standing in the face of pressure – fearless and not easily spooked…terrific pocket movements and speeds up his process when needed, listening to his internal clock…doesn’t require a clean pocket and shows the natural footwork to maneuver around the noise with consistent eye level…resets well after pressure with portable framework to make throws when moved from his original spot…has the power and athleticism to be an effective scrambler with multiple gears, making it a challenge for defenders to square him up and finish him off…excellent toughness and can withstand a consistent beating, often playing through pain…intelligent and puts mistakes behind him easily…develops terrific chemistry with his targets, which is a testament to his practice routines…proven in clutch situations and plays at a high level when his team needs him the most with five come-from-behind victories on his résumé…his teammates and coaches love him and speak highly of his vocal leadership and supreme confidence on and off the field – loves football and has a genuine passion for the game…career 26-1 record as a starter, including 26 straight wins…holds the ACC career record for passing yards per game (295.0) and the Florida State records for yards per attempt (9.4) and 300-yard passing performances (14) – also second in FSU history in touchdown passes (65) and completion percentage (66.0%) and third in passing yards (7,964).
    WEAKNESSES: Inconsistent weight distribution in his passes at times with a less-than-ideal elongated delivery motion…throws the ball to the other team too much with 28 interceptions in 27 career starts…overly confident passer with a handful of poor decisions each game, forcing low-percentage throws into minuscule windows…needs to be more selective and mature with his decision-making – almost half (13) of his 28 interceptions came on first down…pass-first mentality, but indecisive at times to run if the yards are there for him, holding the ball too long…almost always dives head-first as a ballcarrier, not with his feet, which is a recipe for disaster…needs to eliminate the fumbles and improve his ball security, both in the pocket and when scrambling (13 career fumbles)…needs to tidy up play clock issues…bad habit of squinting on the field because he doesn’t wear contacts for his near-sighted vision…calls football his “passion” but he loves baseball as well and hasn’t ruled out playing professionally – drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 15th round of the 2012 MLB Draft, but didn’t sign…immature tendencies and reactions on the field – frustrated easily and had to be calmed down by FSU coaches on numerous occasions…strong red flags after several off-field incidents that require investigation, notably a sexual assault accusation (Dec. 2012), although the state attorney chose not to press charges due to lack of evidence – never missed any playing time…was cited for shoplifting crab legs (April 2014) and was suspended from the baseball team until he completed 20 hours of community service…was suspended for the Clemson game (Sept. 2014) after an on-campus incident when he stood on a table at the school’s Student Union and yelled a vulgar comment – other minor incidents including firing a BB gun at squirrels on campus and reportedly stealing soda at a fast food restaurant.
    SUMMARY: Winston became the first freshman with 4,000+ passing yards and 40+ touchdowns in FBS history, but his sophomore season showed some of his inconsistent decision making and turnover issues with 28 interceptions and 13 fumbles on his career résumé. Winston has NFL physical traits with his size, arm strength and enough mobility, but is most impressive in three critical areas: pocket maneuverability (presence and comfort with bullets buzzing past his ear), anticipation as a passer (throws receivers open with terrific touch) and clutch ability (the most focused and comfortable in tight moments). He shows immature and insecure habits off the field and teams need to figure out if he can be trusted or if there is a fundamental flaw in his psyche that suggests trouble will follow him, especially under constant media scrutiny in the NFL. Despite the off-field issues, the football field is his refuge and he’s been able to block out distractions and bounce back from mistakes. Although he isn’t on Andrew Luck’s level as an on-field NFL prospect, Winston is close as the game appears to come very natural to him and he has ideal physical traits for the NFL game. He has the talent and upside worth the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft with a high NFL ceiling, but his immaturity and willingness to break the quarterback Hippocratic Oath (keep the team from harm) are wildcards, lowering his NFL floor.

Not a surprise.....so what happens at 2?

other thread ras

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    other thread ras
    OFFICIAL-2015-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD isn't the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    OFFICIAL-2015-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD isn't the thread?
    no, joe wanted to steal my thunder and made an official day 1 thread