3 ILB's
    11 CB's
    13 DE's
    8 DT's
    8 OLB's
    10 OT's
    3 TE's
    14 WR's

Not great news for people wanting the focus to be on ILB and TE. Still, you never know how things will fall n draft day.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Based upon their performance the last couple of games and possible expected good performances in the playoffs, I think TT's draft priorities may change in a somewhat surprising way.

ILB -- Barrington is showing me something. A solid performance in the playoffs may reduce the need to take a chance on guys like Denzel Perryman and Benardrick McKinney who IMO are far from sure bets. Moreover, Lattimore and Palmer are coming off injured reserve. Plus, I have a sneaking hunch Adrian Hubbard and/or Carl Bradford will shine next year.

TE -- Richard Rodgers might parlay a good playoff performance or two and be the type of TE none of us thought he could be. He's improving every game. I'm starting to like the guy very much. That coupled with a thin crop of TE prospects makes me think TT will draft in another direction.

OL/DL -- Our current OL is pretty good and young. We've got Aaron Adams, Barclay, Raji and Thornton coming off IR. Plus, a couple of rookie OLinemen on the practice squad. Who will be available in the draft at our position that promises to be better than any of these guys? And, considering TT's record in this area, will he take another flyer on a OL or DL prospect in the late 1st or 2nd round?

So, what will TT do?

I say he'll draft (everything else being equal) a WR. We need a dynamic 3rd WR (or a 2nd if something goes awry in Cobb re-signing. Boykin to me is a washout and Adams doesn't impress me as a game changer. Abbrederis is coming off IR, but he's not a game changer and lacks size. Then there are the same ole same ole guys on the practice squad, hardly game changers.

On the other hand, there are a bunch of game changing WR's available, one of which will probably fall to GB's draft position. My favorite: Sammie Coates.

Add Coates to the threesome of Nelson, Cobb and Adams, with Abbrederis in the wings, and you've got the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL once again.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Should we have a separate thread for FA?

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 2h2 hours ago
    PHI unrestricted FA Brandon Graham is one to watch. Naturally more of a 4-3 defensive end, had nice year as 3-4 OLB after slow career start

Possible choice of Peppers or Perry doesn't come back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Based upon their performance the last couple of games and possible expected good performances in the playoffs, I think TT's draft priorities may change in a somewhat surprising way.

ILB -- Barrington is showing me something. A solid performance in the playoffs may reduce the need to take a chance on guys like Denzel Perryman and Benardrick McKinney who IMO are far from sure bets. Moreover, Lattimore and Palmer are coming off injured reserve. Plus, I have a sneaking hunch Adrian Hubbard and/or Carl Bradford will shine next year.

TE -- Richard Rodgers might parlay a good playoff performance or two and be the type of TE none of us thought he could be. He's improving every game. I'm starting to like the guy very much. That coupled with a thin crop of TE prospects makes me think TT will draft in another direction.

OL/DL -- Our current OL is pretty good and young. We've got Aaron Adams, Barclay, Raji and Thornton coming off IR. Plus, a couple of rookie OLinemen on the practice squad. Who will be available in the draft at our position that promises to be better than any of these guys? And, considering TT's record in this area, will he take another flyer on a OL or DL prospect in the late 1st or 2nd round?

So, what will TT do?

I say he'll draft (everything else being equal) a WR. We need a dynamic 3rd WR (or a 2nd if something goes awry in Cobb re-signing. Boykin to me is a washout and Adams doesn't impress me as a game changer. Abbrederis is coming off IR, but he's not a game changer and lacks size. Then there are the same ole same ole guys on the practice squad, hardly game changers.

On the other hand, there are a bunch of game changing WR's available, one of which will probably fall to GB's draft position. My favorite: Sammie Coates.

Add Coates to the threesome of Nelson, Cobb and Adams, with Abbrederis in the wings, and you've got the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL once again.
    I think you're overselling both Barrington and R2. While they may develop, they aren't dependable or promising yet. They're serviceable, but may have a low ceiling. We'll see.

I also think you're underselling Adams as the third WR. He's flashed enough to show that once he gets his rookie jitters out of the way, he'll join TT's pantheon of successful WRs drafted in GB. Add in Abby and Janis, and WR may be an overwhelming strength in two years if one of those two pan out. We'll definitely see.

But the D needs way more help than the O at this point.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-all-32-teams

2015 NFL Draft order: Top 3 needs for all 32 teams

By Gil Brandt ... NFL Media senior analyst

Published: Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:39 a.m. ... Updated: Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:36 a.m

I'd like to see TT draft a WR and a RB as well.

We need a #4 WR and a solid backup for Eddie Lacy.

There's also some ? about the future of Randall Cobb in Green Bay. I hope that TT locks him up.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Should we have a separate thread for FA?

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 2h2 hours ago
    PHI unrestricted FA Brandon Graham is one to watch. Naturally more of a 4-3 defensive end, had nice year as 3-4 OLB after slow career start

Possible choice of Peppers or Perry doesn't come back.
    Wonder what Eliot thinks of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers Media Guide
    Currently the youngest pro personnel director in the NFL, Wolf's primary duties include scouting teams in the NFL and in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents. Wolf also is involved with college scouting during the season and is very active in the Packers draft.Wolf has also worked 22 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships – five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 22 consecutive NFL scouting combines. Those internships and prior “unofficial” experiences have provided significant knowledge. Wolf, for example, is familiar with the history of every NFL player, having prepared details for the Packers for every draft since 1993.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I think you're overselling both Barrington and R2. While they may develop, they aren't dependable or promising yet. They're serviceable, but may have a low ceiling. We'll see.

I also think you're underselling Adams as the third WR. He's flashed enough to show that once he gets his rookie jitters out of the way, he'll join TT's pantheon of successful WRs drafted in GB. Add in Abby and Janis, and WR may be an overwhelming strength in two years if one of those two pan out. We'll definitely see.

But the D needs way more help than the O at this point.
    I discounted Janis because he's a huge mystery man/question mark. Hope you're right about Adams.

Regarding the defense, agreed defense, ILB especially, is a big need, but I really don't think there's any draftable prospect that's better than what we got. Too bad we missed out on CJ Mosley last year. Maybe a good DE/DT will slip down to us.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Mariota (Oregon) vs. Winston (Florida St. tomorrow. Battle to be the #1 pick?

Top 50 prospects based on CBS Sports who will be playing in Bowl games the next few days. Do your homework!

(1) Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon vs. Florida St.
    (3) Jameis Winston - QB - Florida St. vs. Oregon
    (5) Amari Cooper - WR - Alabama vs. Ohio St.
    (6) Brandon Scherf - OT - Iowa vs. Tennessee
    (7) Lanson Collins - SS - Alabama vs. Ohio St.
    (8) Shane Ray - DE - Missouri vs. Minnesota
    (12) Shawn Oakman - DE - Baylor vs. Michigan St.
    (16) Trae Waynes - CB - Michigan St. vs. Baylor
    (21) Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St. vs. Oregon
    (24) Benardrick McKinney - ILB - Mississippi St. vs. Georgia Tech
    (27) Shilique Calhoun - CB - Michigan St. vs. Baylor
    (28) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - CB - Oregon vs. Florida St.
    (29) Melvin Gordon - RB - Wisconsin vs. Auburn
    (35) P.J. Williams - CB - Florida St. vs. Oregon
    (37) Michael Bennett - DT - Ohio St. vs. Alabama
    (39) Cameron Irving - C - Florida St. vs. Oregon
    (40) Sammie Coates - WR - Auburn vs. Wisconsin
    (45) Arik Armstead - DE - Oregon vs. Florida St.

ILB -- Barrington is showing me something. A solid performance in the playoffs may reduce the need
    I'm unthrilled by Barrington. He's OK, but low ceiling due to lack of speed/quickness. I don't base that opinion on a lot, but that is my impression. He reminds me of Desmond Bishop, a good run stuffer. Not sure Barrington will be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm unthrilled by Barrington. He's OK, but low ceiling due to lack of speed/quickness. I don't base that opinion on a lot, but that is my impression. He reminds me of Desmond Bishop, a good run stuffer. Not sure Barrington will be that good.
    What's your credible intuition about draft prospects that could take his place?

They should draft Marcus Trotter's twin brother, Michael. He hasn't played a lot, but I got a good feeling about the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They should draft Marcus Trotter's twin brother, Michael. He hasn't played a lot, but I got a good feeling about the guy.
    I'll keep my eye on him tomorrow. What side of the bench does he usually occupy?

I'll keep my eye on him tomorrow. What side of the bench does he usually occupy?
    He usually sits next to his identical twin brother, no kidding. Funny thing is that Michael was recruited, Marcus came along for ride, and Marcus ended up being the stud.

When Marcus filled-in for Borland last year, the D didn't miss a beat.

Harlan, tune in the Sugar Bowl on ESPN. It's starting in a few minutes. The number one rated ILB in the draft, Benardrick McKinney, is playing for Mississippi State. Now is the time to hone that intuition.

McKinney showed me nothing in the 1st half. He closed fast on a RB going wide on one play, but that's the extent of it.

He's 6'5", 250 lbs. His scouting report from CBS Sports:

STRENGTHS: Value lies with his versatility and raw athleticism. He lines up all over the field for the Bulldogs, taking snaps at middle linebacker, as well as rushing off either edge. His athleticism has been well documented, with McKinney reportedly clocking in the 4.5s and posting a 34-inch vertical jump at 245 pounds. At his best with the ballcarrier in front of him, where he can use his physical demeanor and battle the big bodies, taking on blocks with active hands and long arms to control the point of attack.
    He is a well-built and fluid athlete for his size, showing good lateral agility and very impressive acceleration to track down ballcarriers from behind. He has long arms and good hand-eye coordination to trip up ballcarriers that appear out of his reach and breaks down well in the open field to deliver strong, wrap-up tackles.
    WEAKNESSES: Overly reliant on his speed when rushing the quarterback, showing limited hand technique to defeat blocks once engaged. This issue comes into play not only when rushing the passer but also against the run, where McKinney looks to slip past blockers, rather than showing the aggression and strength to truly stack and shed.

Not a sudden mover and lacks ideal range, causing him to struggle with cover responsibilities, and although he's a smart player, he can be late to recognize plays and ends up a step late to the action. Too often McKinney is forced to turn away from the quarterback and sprint to his coverage responsibility. With his back turned to the action, McKinney isn't in position to help should the quarterback scramble or dump off to another target.
    IN OUR VIEW: McKinney bis an impressive athlete for a man his size, but while he's a stout run defender, he isn't as consistent in space. There is a lot to like about McKinney, but there are some concerns that his struggles against the pass will limit him to a two-down thumper role in the NFL.
    --Dane Brugler and Rob Rang (11/13/14)

From what I saw the report seems accurate. McKinney doesn't seem quick. He has a difficult time disengaging from blocks. At the end of the half on 3rd and 1 he tried to stuff a run and was pancaked. I'm not seeing a first round draft pick.

They're getting run over so bad I think it's hard to judge individual players. I remember Haloti Ngata having an unimpressive Bowl game performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They're getting run over so bad I think it's hard to judge individual players. I remember Haloti Ngata having an unimpressive Bowl game performance.
    Agreed, but at the same time he showed nothing all game long. He was slow to react and always late to the action. I think he'll slip down the draft list to maybe a mid or low 2nd round by draft day. I've seen Denzel Perryman play a few times down here and he's quick to the ball. He lacks height though and elite speed. He's kind of Borland-like. Perryman might be worth a 2nd rnd choice.

Agreed, but at the same time he showed nothing all game long. He was slow to react and always late to the action. I think he'll slip down the draft list to maybe a mid or low 2nd round by draft day. I've seen Denzel Perryman play a few times down here and he's quick to the ball. He lacks height though and elite speed. He's kind of Borland-like. Perryman might be worth a 2nd rnd choice.
    I think we just found ourselves an ILB in the draft: Steve Miller, Ohio State, 6'3", 255 lbs. Just intercepted Alabama pass and ran it back for a TD.

I think we just found ourselves an ILB in the draft: Steve Miller, Ohio State, 6'3", 255 lbs. Just intercepted Alabama pass and ran it back for a TD.
    No kidding. That guy had two huge plays. How hard can it be to convert a 4-3 DE to ILB?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.