Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No kidding. That guy had two huge plays. How hard can it be to convert a 4-3 DE to ILB?
    He'd be cheap too. Most draft boards have him listed as an undrafted free agent.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No kidding. That guy had two huge plays. How hard can it be to convert a 4-3 DE to ILB?
    My guess is you'll be able to pick up Shea McClellin pretty soon for next to nothing and find out.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    My guess is you'll be able to pick up Shea McClellin pretty soon for next to nothing and find out.
    It's the guy next to McClellin who you pick up who is next to nothing, if you get my drift.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bernardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Eric Kendricks, Ramik Wilson

McKinney (1st) and Kendricks (2nd-3rd) are both 6'2" or better. McKinney is the hardest hitter of the bunch, but also the heftiest and might be the least agile.

Perryman (2nd) and Wilson (3rd-5th) - I believe Perryman is just under 6'0", while Wilson just over. Something about Wilson just screams 4th round steal to me, but we've tried that before to no avail.

First Mock:

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    1 - Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor
    2 - Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA
    3 - Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
    4 - Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
    5 - Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma
    5c (James Jones) - Brandon Bridge, QB, Southern Alabama
    5c (Evan Deitrich-Smith) - Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama
    6 - Damian Swann, CB, Georgia
    7 - Kasen Williams, WR, Rice
    Second (current) Mock:

2t - OT T.J. CLEMMINGS, PITT
    2 - LB DENZEL PERRYMAN, MIAMI
    3t - FS CODY PREWITT, OLE MISS
    3 - LB ERIC KENDRICKS, UCLA
    4 - TE TYLER KROFT, RUTGERS
    5 - CB BERNARD BLAKE, COLORADO STATE
    5* - WR DRES ANDERSON, UTAH
    5* - QB BRANDON BRIDGE, SOUTH ALABAMA
    6 - DL BRANDON IVORY, ALABAMA
    7 - WR KASEN WILLIAMS, WASHINGTON

t Trade
    * Compensatory

Four of the best defensive draft prospects will play in the Cactus Bowl, scheduled to start at 9:15 PM. Washington vs Oklahoma State on ESPN.

Shaq Thompson, Danny Shelton, Marcus Peters, and Hauoli Kikaha all play for Washington. Thompson, 6'2' 231, is the number one rated OLB in the draft. Shelton, 6'2" 332, is the number two rated DT. Peters, 6'0" 198, is the number three rated CB. Kikaha, 6'3" 250, is the fifth rated OLB and one of the best pass rushers in the country. Kikaha has 18 sacks this year. Kikaha's favorite NFL player is the Claymaker!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Oops. Marcus Peters won't play for the Huskies tonight. He got kicked off the team in November. Scouts compare him to Aqib Talib, but he obviously has off field problems.

Danny Shelton is one, fat human being. Scouting report says he's built like a Coke machine...Yeah, right, maybe a pregnant Coke machine.

I read online tonight that Oakman wants to return to Baylor in 2015. We'll see if his story changes come draft time, or once the advisory board has told him he's pretty much a lock in the 1st round.

The latest Draft Scout Mock Draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-no-1-in-tampa

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Mariota the favorite to land No. 1 in Tampa

By: Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

December 28, 2014 11:32 pm ET
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I don't think TT will draft McKinney. The guy is big and slow. We need someone quick and fast in that spot. I still think TT will go WR. ...So much will change between now and April.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I don't think TT will draft McKinney. The guy is big and slow. We need someone quick and fast in that spot. I still think TT will go WR. ...So much will change between now and April.
    That TT has to retain some of his own is his highest priority right now.

In reference to your post that means signing Randall Cobb. I hope he loves it in Green Bay.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I think we just found ourselves an ILB in the draft: Steve Miller, Ohio State, 6'3", 255 lbs. Just intercepted Alabama pass and ran it back for a TD.
    I heard he can fly like an eagle, that Steve Miller.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I heard he can fly like an eagle, that Steve Miller.
    you missed some good times:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l-interception
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If the Packers want a player in the vein of Woodson or (perhaps) Cam Chancellor, they may consider Shaq Tompson (LB/S/RB) from Washington. He's so, so quick. And versatile. But, he's not the kind of guy you plug into a spot and just go. You'd need to scheme to him a bit. Considering how we used Chuck, and how we have gone more multi in this year, I think we might consider it. The other thing is, like a lot of players, it's quite possible he doesn't last to the end of the first round.

The best immediate result, I would think, would be improved coverage on tight ends...

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-06-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Yep. He's not getting a sniff from Theodore.

If the Packers want a player in the vein of Woodson or (perhaps) Cam Chancellor, they may consider Shaq Tompson (LB/S/RB) from Washington. He's so, so quick. And versatile. But, he's not the kind of guy you plug into a spot and just go. You'd need to scheme to him a bit. Considering how we used Chuck, and how we have gone more multi in this year, I think we might consider it. The other thing is, like a lot of players, it's quite possible he doesn't last to the end of the first round.

The best immediate result, I would think, would be improved coverage on tight ends...
    It's early, but the current rankings would indicate Thompson won't be available when the Packers pick. He's just too dynamic a playmaker to last that long. Some teams might pass on him because they're not sure where to play him, but not enough for the Packers to have a shot.

I have seen him mocked anywhere from 8 overall to early 2nd round. Based on the math, he probably won't last to 32 overall.

First Mock:

1 - Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor
    2 - Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA
    3 - Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
    4 - Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
    5 - Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma
    5c (James Jones) - Brandon Bridge, QB, Southern Alabama
    5c (Evan Deitrich-Smith) - Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama
    6 - Damian Swann, CB, Georgia
    7 - Kasen Williams, WR, Rice

Second Mock:

2t - OT T.J. CLEMMINGS, PITT
    2 - LB DENZEL PERRYMAN, MIAMI
    3t - FS CODY PREWITT, OLE MISS
    3 - LB ERIC KENDRICKS, UCLA
    4 - TE TYLER KROFT, RUTGERS
    5 - CB BERNARD BLAKE, COLORADO STATE
    5* - WR DRES ANDERSON, UTAH
    5* - QB BRANDON BRIDGE, SOUTH ALABAMA
    6 - DL BRANDON IVORY, ALABAMA
    7 - WR KASEN WILLIAMS, WASHINGTON

t Trade
    * Compensatory
    2t - ALVIN DUPREE, DE, KENTUCKY
    2 - ERIC KENDRICKS, ILB, UCLA
    3t - SAMMIE COATES, WR, AUBURN
    3x - TODD GURLEY, RB, GEORGIA
    4x - IFO EKPRE-OLOMU, CB, OREGON
    5 - XAVIER COOPER, DT, WASHINGTON STATE
    5* - BEN KOYACK, TE, NOTRE DAME
    5* - TYLER KROFT, TE, RUTGERS
    6 - LADARIUS GUNTER, CB, MIAMI
    7 - BRANDON BRIDGE, QB, SOUTH ALABAMA

t Trade
    * Compensatory
    x Injured

While you silly bastards quibble about the Seachickies, I'm thinking toward the FUTURE!! This draft, I take two prospects with injuries that cause them to fall. They'd both likely be redshirted in 2015, but could potentially be great values if they return to form.