Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Hence Harv's sig quoting TT: "Frankly, most fans don't know what the hell they're talking about."

Not that that should stop any of us from blathering on though... What fun is that?
    Then there's this extreme:

VS this:

Other extreme.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...brandon-bridge

Meet the Prospect: South Alabama QB Brandon Bridge

By: Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

Also see PAST "MEET THE PROSPECT" FEATURES

RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa; CB D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic ; DE Lynden Trail, Norfolk State

LG Josue Matias, Florida State; WR Kevin White, West Virginia; OT Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State

FS Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State; TE Wes Saxton, South Alabama

DE Ryan Mueller, Kansas State; QB Bryan Bennett, SE Louisiana; LB Zach Hodges, Harvard

DE Hau'oli Kikaha, Washington
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Comment woodbuck27:

This article discusses trade possibilities in round 1 of the draft.It looks at Philly moving to the NO. 2 pick to select a QB. It also shows a trade down from pick NO. 30 overall by the Green Bay Packers....and more......

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1...delphia-eagles

2015 NFL mock draft: Blockbuster trade edition

By: Dan Kadar  @MockingTheDraft on Feb 16, 2015, 8:00a

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Buncha mocks have Patsies taking Funchess - but at WR (but with NE it matters not; they would use him where he creates the biggest mismatch). He is a Finley clone in attitude and talent; Q is whether he would be a willing blocker. Last thing the Pack needs is another prima donna who thinks blocking is beneath him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Buncha mocks have Patsies taking Funchess - but at WR (but with NE it matters not; they would use him where he creates the biggest mismatch). He is a Finley clone in attitude and talent; Q is whether he would be a willing blocker. Last thing the Pack needs is another prima donna who thinks blocking is beneath him.
    I noted watching video of him that Devin Funchess WRF/TE left lots to be desired as a blocking receiver.

I havn't looked to see the best fits for either Seattle or New England. I'm getting there slowly.

Yeah, I definitely feel he is more a luxury. He was BPA all the way.

I would be thrilled to get an early 3rd rounder to move back three spots at the end of the first. Of course, that does give the Seachickies RoFR on any player we might be inclined to pick, which is not that advertising.

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 1h1 hour ago
    Two middle round guys I've been told the #Packers like today: Nevada QB Cody Fajardo, UCONN WR Geremy Davis #NFLCombine
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I was impressed by Brett Hundley's interviews. I don't know too much about him, but that might be an option in the early 2nd or mid-2nd...

Packer Report thinks the Packers like the Clemson ILB who might have been a sleeper before the combine, but not after.

However, this runs counter to the Ted narrative that he doesn't even talk to the players he likes in the first round.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1520626-n...4DGmkE.twitter

Huber thinks he might have been available at 62 previously, but not now.

The attraction with Anthony is his size. Other than D.J. Smith, a sixth-round pick in 2011 who was 5-foot-11, the Packers have shied away from undersized linebackers. On last year’s depth chart, Jones is 6-foot-3, Hawk is 6-foot-1, Barrington is 6-foot-1 and Carl Bradford is 6-foot-1. Past starters Desmond Bishop and Nick Barnett are 6-foot-2. That might give Anthony the edge in the Packers’ eyes over UCLA’s Eric Kendricks (6-0) and Miami’s Denzel Perryman (5-11).

“I feel like if you can play football, you can play football,” Anthony said in downplaying his measurables. “I definitely have some good measurables. I’m not sure how far that will make me stand out.”

McKinney has the size (6-foot-4) and athleticism (4.66 with a 40.5-inch vertical) but his workout was a “big disappointment,” the NFL’s longtime head scout, Dave-Te’ Thomas, said.

There was nothing disappointing about Anthony’s workout. Thomas called him the “real deal.” It’s a continuation of Anthony’s work at Clemson and his strong week at the Senior Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also from Packer Report:

PACKERS INTERVIEW BIG DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also from Packer Report:

Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.
    unlike past drafts, theres actually decent NT's in this draft, with the correct size

goodbye raji

Also from Packer Report:

Peters is really good. But it would be a real departure from his M.O. for TT to spend a 1st round pick on a guy who was kicked off his team because of conflicts with the coaching staff. He would probably need to be convinced that the coaching staff was the problem.

Packer Report also reports this guy got a Packer interview. http://gnb.scout.com/story/1520695-p...e-lineman?s=61

Mitch Morse is the personification of what the Green Bay Packers look for in an offensive linemen.

The Packers generally draft collegiate left tackles. Morse played left tackle as a senior.

The Packers, like all teams, covet versatility. Morse started games at center, right tackle and left tackle, and also played guard, at Missouri.

The Packers, like all teams, covet toughness. Morse didn’t miss a game with a broken finger.

Thus, it’s no surprise that the Packers had a formal interview with Morse at the Scouting Combine.

Morse was a three-year starter who was second-team all-SEC as a senior. Not only did he run the weekly gauntlet of elite SEC pass rushers, but he faced them every day at practice with the likes of Kony Ealy and Michael Sam and prized 2015 draft prospects Shane Ray and Markus Golden.

Your 6th Round QB of the future:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eard-about-yet

Chris Bonner

Yep. Guys like Ellis McCarthy look to be 3rd or 4th round (he has had knee issues, so I'm not specifically suggesting we draft him) and I don't see Raji being that much better. Raji is more mobile, but McCarthy anchors better, from what I've seen.

Mel Kiper Jr. @MelKiperESPN ยท Mar 5
    Also: About 100 of you asked -- No, I don't have draft grades for the llamas. 40 times and short-shuttle #s still unconfirmed.

Someone need to watch the hour of helicopter footage and get some times on these llamas.

Word on the street is the Cardinals are absolutely in love with Eric Kendricks. They're picking at 24. I'm not sure he is worth reading up seven spots in the first round...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Just told that 34 team needing inside linebacker has Dawson number one and Anthony number two on their list.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Just told that 34 team needing inside linebacker has Dawson number one and Anthony number two on their list.
    Yet Anthony had a super combine and Dawson's was a disaster. Go figure. It's why scouts watch film.

I think the problem with Dawson for the Packers might be his intangibles more than the tangibles. The following is from NFL Draft Tracker:
    Scouts are very worried about his personal character and say he's not beloved within the program. Questions have been raised about his commitment to the process. Not a film studier.
    That doesn't sound like Packer people to me.

It may be irrelevant because, if PackerReport numbers are correct, Dawson will be off the board by the time the Packers draft. On the other hand, if the scout is right and Dawson slips a round or two, will the Packers gamble on him?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers