5 - TYLER KROFT, RUTGERS
    5 - JOSH HARPER, FRESNO STATE
    6 - TAIWAN JONES, MICHIGAN STATE
    6 - JORDAN RICHARDS, STANFORD
    6 - JOEY MBU, HOUSTON
    6 - NICK BOYLE, DELAWARE
    7 - JALSTON FOWLER, ALABAMA
    7 - CRAIG MAGER, TEXAS STATE

Tons of trades in this version. ... one receiver for good measure. We know TT is taking one receiver.

I'm not sure how likely it would be for Rollins to fall into the early third, but he is a bit raw, so it's possible.
    You're mocking Devin Funchess as a TE. He's the NO. 7 Ranked WR and Ranked NO. 32 overall on NFLDRAFTSCOUTS.COM:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2015/WR

See also:

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

Have you looked at this fella who's possibly available for TT's 2nd round pick? :

OLB Hau'oli Kikaha (ha-OH-lee KEY-kah-HA) Fr. Washington ... 6' - 3 " and 246 lbs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../hauoli-kikaha

You can see video of him and others ie ILB's Eric Kendricks, Paul Dawson and Ramik Wilson (not much here) and DE Danielle Hunter and WR/TE Devin Funchess and TE Ben Koyack here :

http://allgbp.com/2015/01/21/green-b...t-videos-2015/

I reallly like OLB Hau'oli Kikaha and TE Ben Koyack (Round 3-4). He's a hard working strong blocker. He has good feet. He gets intelligently open or back to the ball and his hands seem decent.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I know of Kikaha. I like him in the second. This was a simulated draft, and Kikaha was gone before the 62 overall pick, so I traded back. Funchess is a Jimmy Graham type WR, and I took him at 2/7 after trading back.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I know of Kikaha. I like him in the second. This was a simulated draft, and Kikaha was gone before the 62 overall pick, so I traded back. Funchess is a Jimmy Graham type WR, and I took him at 2/7 after trading back.
    Smuggler, just curious. Do you rely on scouting profiles for your analysis? Or, watch a lot of film? Or, have you seen some of these guys play all season?

For instance, the following is from NFL Draft Tracker, which relies heavily on scouting reports. If these reports are true/accurate, I don't think TT gives Funchess a serious look. The point is how do you separate fact from fiction?
    Weaknesses

Pass-catching is labored. Allows throws into his frame and catches back half of football at times. Tagged with 20 drops over last three seasons. Isn't a lock to high-point a throw and doesn't attack throws. Won't win enough 50/50 throws. Stifled by inconsistent passing attack. Tends to show monotone, one-note play speed. Hard to find a second gear on tape. Gears down into cuts and slow to accelerate out of breaks. NFL Comparison

Gavin Escobar Bottom Line

Has mismatch-caliber size, but lack of vertical talent and below-average hands might negate the size to an extent. Funchess was used outside and inside at Michigan and had success from the slot. He has the feel of a hybrid player who can be a big guy at wide receiver or a mismatch nightmare as a move tight end with more weight on his rangy frame.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

How did you get into such a draft? A simulated draft.

You'd have to be on top of it. How big was your draft board?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I don't get paid to scout, so I rely on reports from a few different sites. I obviously didn't like Funchess at 30, but when he was still there after a trade back I went ahead. I imagine that is how TT would treat him, also, but a lot depends on his personality, work ethic, etc, which are aspects to which I am not privileged.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Buncha mocks have Patsies taking Funchess - but at WR (but with NE it matters not; they would use him where he creates the biggest mismatch). He is a Finley clone in attitude and talent; Q is whether he would be a willing blocker. Last thing the Pack needs is another prima donna who thinks blocking is beneath him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Buncha mocks have Patsies taking Funchess - but at WR (but with NE it matters not; they would use him where he creates the biggest mismatch). He is a Finley clone in attitude and talent; Q is whether he would be a willing blocker. Last thing the Pack needs is another prima donna who thinks blocking is beneath him.
    I noted watching video of him that Devin Funchess WRF/TE left lots to be desired as a blocking receiver.

I havn't looked to see the best fits for either Seattle or New England. I'm getting there slowly.

Yeah, I definitely feel he is more a luxury. He was BPA all the way.

Blog Entries
    I don't get paid to scout, so I rely on reports from a few different sites. ... a lot depends on his personality, work ethic, etc, which are aspects to which I am not privileged.
    Hence Harv's sig quoting TT: "Frankly, most fans don't know what the hell they're talking about."

Not that that should stop any of us from blathering on though... What fun is that?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Hence Harv's sig quoting TT: "Frankly, most fans don't know what the hell they're talking about."

Not that that should stop any of us from blathering on though... What fun is that?
    Then there's this extreme:

VS this:

Other extreme.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...brandon-bridge

Meet the Prospect: South Alabama QB Brandon Bridge

By: Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

Also see PAST "MEET THE PROSPECT" FEATURES

RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa; CB D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic ; DE Lynden Trail, Norfolk State

LG Josue Matias, Florida State; WR Kevin White, West Virginia; OT Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State

FS Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State; TE Wes Saxton, South Alabama

DE Ryan Mueller, Kansas State; QB Bryan Bennett, SE Louisiana; LB Zach Hodges, Harvard

DE Hau'oli Kikaha, Washington

Comment woodbuck27:

This article discusses trade possibilities in round 1 of the draft.It looks at Philly moving to the NO. 2 pick to select a QB. It also shows a trade down from pick NO. 30 overall by the Green Bay Packers....and more......

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1...delphia-eagles

2015 NFL mock draft: Blockbuster trade edition

By: Dan Kadar  @MockingTheDraft on Feb 16, 2015, 8:00a

I would be thrilled to get an early 3rd rounder to move back three spots at the end of the first. Of course, that does give the Seachickies RoFR on any player we might be inclined to pick, which is not that advertising.

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 1h1 hour ago
    Two middle round guys I've been told the #Packers like today: Nevada QB Cody Fajardo, UCONN WR Geremy Davis #NFLCombine
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I was impressed by Brett Hundley's interviews. I don't know too much about him, but that might be an option in the early 2nd or mid-2nd...

Packer Report thinks the Packers like the Clemson ILB who might have been a sleeper before the combine, but not after.

However, this runs counter to the Ted narrative that he doesn't even talk to the players he likes in the first round.

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1520626-n...4DGmkE.twitter

Huber thinks he might have been available at 62 previously, but not now.

The attraction with Anthony is his size. Other than D.J. Smith, a sixth-round pick in 2011 who was 5-foot-11, the Packers have shied away from undersized linebackers. On last year’s depth chart, Jones is 6-foot-3, Hawk is 6-foot-1, Barrington is 6-foot-1 and Carl Bradford is 6-foot-1. Past starters Desmond Bishop and Nick Barnett are 6-foot-2. That might give Anthony the edge in the Packers’ eyes over UCLA’s Eric Kendricks (6-0) and Miami’s Denzel Perryman (5-11).

“I feel like if you can play football, you can play football,” Anthony said in downplaying his measurables. “I definitely have some good measurables. I’m not sure how far that will make me stand out.”

McKinney has the size (6-foot-4) and athleticism (4.66 with a 40.5-inch vertical) but his workout was a “big disappointment,” the NFL’s longtime head scout, Dave-Te’ Thomas, said.

There was nothing disappointing about Anthony’s workout. Thomas called him the “real deal.” It’s a continuation of Anthony’s work at Clemson and his strong week at the Senior Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report also reports this guy got a Packer interview. http://gnb.scout.com/story/1520695-p...e-lineman?s=61

Mitch Morse is the personification of what the Green Bay Packers look for in an offensive linemen.

The Packers generally draft collegiate left tackles. Morse played left tackle as a senior.

The Packers, like all teams, covet versatility. Morse started games at center, right tackle and left tackle, and also played guard, at Missouri.

The Packers, like all teams, covet toughness. Morse didn’t miss a game with a broken finger.

Thus, it’s no surprise that the Packers had a formal interview with Morse at the Scouting Combine.

Morse was a three-year starter who was second-team all-SEC as a senior. Not only did he run the weekly gauntlet of elite SEC pass rushers, but he faced them every day at practice with the likes of Kony Ealy and Michael Sam and prized 2015 draft prospects Shane Ray and Markus Golden.

Also from Packer Report:

PACKERS INTERVIEW BIG DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.

Your 6th Round QB of the future:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eard-about-yet

Chris Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Also from Packer Report:

PACKERS INTERVIEW BIG DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Not only did Green Bay host formal interviews with Jordan Phillips and Danny Shelton, but they also talked to Washington cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked off the team.
    unlike past drafts, theres actually decent NT's in this draft, with the correct size

goodbye raji