Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Let's hear 'em. I missed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Let's hear 'em. I missed the game.
    Winners:

Rodgers - Outstanding after a poor start with 330+ yards and 3 TD's.
    Jordy - Over 200 yards and a TD. Great all day long.
    Cobb - 2 TD's
    Adams -Some clutch catches in key situations.
    Daniels - A sack, and a QB hit that contributed to Tramon's INT.
    Tramon - His INT was a turning point in the game.
    Crosby - His 55 yard FG was huge at a time the game was going badly for the Packers.

Losers:

You for missing the game.
    Guion - Was pancaked on a goal line play.
    Boykin - Two drops and was replaced by Adams.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Super Winners:

Jordy Nelson. We are so fucked if this guy gets hurt. Nelson has been a one man offense for us so far this year. It felt soooooo good to see him break that 80 yard TD. He's still got the wheels. Also he seems to be playing bigger than he ever has, really using that 6'3" frame to go up for it.

Mike Daniels is incredible and just keeps getting better. The Jets are going to win the battle in both trenches against most of the teams on their schedule this year but Daniels made a mockery of their interior lineman. His hit turned Geno into a different player for the rest of the game, like a boxer getting punched straight in the mouth.

Tramon Williams. I'm starting to believe he really did have a shoulder thing for two and a half years.

Regular Winners:

Davon House. A legit step forward from House seems so fragile you almost don't want to acknowledge it in writing for that might be enough to make it slip away. But he was playing actual pass defense out there.

Morgan Burnett in the second half Burnett was up in the box more and made a big impact. This guys is better the closer he plays to the line. Maybe because he doesn't have time to think and his instincts take over. Either way I think its going to be nice not having him confined to a center field role this season. Our leading tackler two weeks in a row.

Rodgers. Not his finest game and Jordy arguably made him look better than he was but the stats don't lie. Rodgers is a victim of his expectations. A lot of fans ran out of beer to spit when he held the ball for 10 seconds on 3rd down, then again the next play. Clearly Rodgers doesn't see this as an issue which makes me think. If he throws away the ball away last second he probably still gets hit, but squarely and in the ribs. The yardage lost doesn't mean a ton in the context of a 3rd or 4th down conversion. I think the biggest issue is all the roughing the passer penalties he's not getting by allowing sacks. Beats me but its clear holding the ball isn't a bad habit for Rodgers but a conscious choice. 10 seconds is insane.

Emerging Winners:

Adams looks useful. He's at least meeting his low rookie expectations.

Nick Perry is starting to look like a good football player.

Winning Losers:

Capers. Baffling play calling against an offense everyone knew wanted to pound the ball. So far this season misdirection has worked laughably well on all levels against our defense. As bad as the defense looked in the first half, we saw some excellent adjustments in the 2nd half. Those zone blitzes he dialed up should remind fans why he's an NFL coordinator. Peppers in coverage is kind of awesome, he looks like a basketball defender.

Matthews. Doesn't seem to be playing team ball out there. Was out of position a few times and looked to abandon his assignment. It's Clay Matthews though and he made some impressive plays that nobody else could make. For his contract I want him in the studs list every week.

I know Cobb caught a couple of TD's which is awesome but he's not doing much to help us move the chains. His MO is to be able to catch the ball and make guys miss and he's not been doing the latter. We need more YAC from him.

Losers:

Boykin is only an NFL player because of his history of doing all the small things perfectly because he sure as hell isn't going to get separation with his athleticism. Drops are not something that can be tolerated from him.

Shields. The TD he gave up was a damn fine throw but he still didn't have a good game. Decker is a tough assignment to draw, he's basically a clone of Jordy Nelson from 2 years ago.

Sherrod. He's good enough to win with but even his successes don't look pretty. Seems like he needs more preparation in the film room. Eventually he figured Coples out but a lot of bad shit can happen if he needs a learning curve each game.

Lattimore. He's not an improvement over Jones. Enough said. Again this week the opposing team had a standout linebacker. This time it was #56. The contrast burns. We need to get something going at this position.

Guion is human garbage. I'm ready to see Pennel.

Hayward. This guy was supposed to be a big part of our defense this season but instead he's losing his gig to Bush and the double switch of Tramon/House. Hayward needs to get his shit together and build on that rookie year.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Did Pennel play? I never saw the inactive list.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I thought Lattimore looked decent. He may have Hawked some tackles but he at least wasnt in a ton of highlight shots like Jones was.

Loser MM. TERRIBLE play calling for long stretches of the game

Loser LACY, plodding, slow, dances like a moron and gets two yards. You are a one cut back that should hurt people

Loser MM not playing Starks.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Guess from GB Press Gazette was that Hayward got the boot for 3 missed tackles versus Seattle.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ages/15652073/
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-15-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not a winner yet, but middle and trending... Datone Jones has been involved in a few nice pocket-collapsings lately. If he finishes some of those plays he can jump up into the winners column.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Did Pennel play? I never saw the inactive list.
    He was active, but I don't recall hearing his name.

I'm not going to put Sherrod in the loser category. He wasn't great, but he didn't collapse against a good defensive line

Losers - All of our TE's. They were invisible in the passing game

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I thought Lattimore looked decent. He may have Hawked some tackles but he at least wasnt in a ton of highlight shots like Jones was.
    PFF agrees with you. They gave him a +2.4 for the game. I'm going to go back and watch the game and see if I change my mind on Lattimore. PFF has always loved Brad Jones though, sooooo we'll see.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    PFF agrees with you. They gave him a +2.4 for the game. I'm going to go back and watch the game and see if I change my mind on Lattimore. PFF has always loved Brad Jones though, sooooo we'll see.
    Im not even saying he is good I am just saying he isnt a parking cone out there
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Pennel didn't get any snaps.

Our TE's suck. Imagine if we actually had a useful TE to threaten the middle of the field.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'm not going to put Sherrod in the loser category. He wasn't great, but he didn't collapse against a good defensive line

Losers - All of our TE's. They were invisible in the passing game
    The TE problem is partly Rodgers problem, he always looks for Nelson and then forces some throws to him, rather than looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Not a winner yet, but middle and trending... Datone Jones has been involved in a few nice pocket-collapsings lately. If he finishes some of those plays he can jump up into the winners column.
    Its a nice addition to the pass rush. A collapsing pocket plus a guy long and athletic enough to not just let the QB escape whenever he wants.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Only one poster has Lacy on the duds list? Starks is wayyy better.

Studs: Jordy - Adams - Crosby - Daniels

Duds: Rodgers - Lacy - Shields

Quote Originally Posted by PA Pack Fan View Post
    Only one poster has Lacy on the duds list? Starks is wayyy better.

Studs: Jordy - Adams - Crosby - Daniels

Duds: Rodgers - Lacy - Shields
    Aaron Rodgers dud? It wasn't his best game but not a dud.
    Go PACK

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    AR dud in the first half
    Ar Superstar the second half.

AR dud in the first half
    Maybe AR dud in 1st quarter. But he led them to 13 points in the 2nd quarter. He was fantastic in the 97 yard drive to close out the half.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Sherrod. He's good enough to win with but even his successes don't look pretty. Seems like he needs more preparation in the film room. Eventually he figured Coples out but a lot of bad shit can happen if he needs a learning curve each game.
    If your kid routinely gets failing grades, then surprises you with a report card with C's, you don't call him a loser. You brute.

Even your assessment is that it is matter of learning. I'm not sure what the deal is with Sherrod, but I hope his career is salvageable. If he has the mobility, he can be an NFL starter.

I watched San Fran play a backup tackle last night, the famous Jonathan Martin. Hard to watch. Probably backup tackles in the NFL are a sorry lot, it's a tough job for a big man.

AR dud in the first half
    I don't know, he was up and down the whole game. He ended with a QB rating of.... I think I heard 106 on radio.

I thought Rodgers was mostly very cagey.