Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Just reviewed the Jets-Packers game on NFL Shortcuts.

Losers:

Clinton-Dix: I see a little Sean Taylor in him, but the more I see him play, the more I dislike him. Slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Has the making of a classic "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Brady, Brees, Stafford, Ryan and even Cutler are not gonna overthrow a wide open receiver like Geno Smith did.

Hawk: Look around the league. The good/great defenses all have good/great ILBs. The only times Hawk got noticed was when his helmet fell off.

Hyde: Tackled poorly. Terrible in zone coverage.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change. It was obvious Lacy wasn't gonna see daylight even if he was running on the sun. Should've feed Stark or Harris the rock.

Contrary to popular belief, Peppers didn't play a poor game and he wasn't invisible. Guy had plenty of "near" sacks and "near" pressures that forced Smith to throw the ball quicker than he would've liked, resulting in incompletions. Just wait til the Packers start playing stationary QBs. Peppers is going to make Thompson look grand.
I'm gonna give a rookie S a pass. He's learning on the job. He may be peeking back towards the QB and then getting burned. I can't think of many rookie safeties that play like savvy veterans in their first few games.