Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only one poster has Lacy on the duds list? Starks is wayyy better.

Studs: Jordy - Adams - Crosby - Daniels

Duds: Rodgers - Lacy - Shields

Quote Originally Posted by PA Pack Fan View Post
    Only one poster has Lacy on the duds list? Starks is wayyy better.

Studs: Jordy - Adams - Crosby - Daniels

Duds: Rodgers - Lacy - Shields
    Aaron Rodgers dud? It wasn't his best game but not a dud.
    Go PACK

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    AR dud in the first half
    Ar Superstar the second half.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    AR dud in the first half
    Maybe AR dud in 1st quarter. But he led them to 13 points in the 2nd quarter. He was fantastic in the 97 yard drive to close out the half.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    AR dud in the first half
    I don't know, he was up and down the whole game. He ended with a QB rating of.... I think I heard 106 on radio.

I thought Rodgers was mostly very cagey.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't know, he was up and down the whole game. He ended with a QB rating of.... I think I heard 106 on radio.

I thought Rodgers was mostly very cagey.
    There were a few times in the 2nd half where he had us pulling our hair out. That series at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th where he was sacked 2 out of 3 plays (the other was a run) comes to mind. On at least one of those plays he held the ball for a LONG time.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Larrivee singled out Lattimore as someone who played well. I can't say that I watched closely enough to offer an opinion.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

How was HaHa? Couldn't have been worse than Jets #25 late in coverage and then falling over himself in an attempt to lay a finger on Jordy to save a touchdown....

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    How was HaHa? Couldn't have been worse than Jets #25 late in coverage and then falling over himself in an attempt to lay a finger on Jordy to save a touchdown....
    Tackling was better. He was trailing too much on one deep throw. If the throw was better, it was six.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tackling was better. He was trailing too much on one deep throw. If the throw was better, it was six.
    I think he got caught peaking into the backfield. Smith rolled out and at one point looked like he might take off running. Ha Ha doesn't have great recovery speed. His decisions have to be right.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    He's definitely an aggressive player with good instincts. Had one particularly nice fill in run defense I can remember. Nobody is going to be surprised when he's one of the best players on the team in a year or two.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    He's definitely an aggressive player with good instincts. Had one particularly nice fill in run defense I can remember. Nobody is going to be surprised when he's one of the best players on the team in a year or two.
    His education may get accelerated depending on Hyde's injury. He'll be seeing some monster receivers the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I agree. You can see it already. He is going to be a good one.

Rat Starter
    Just reviewed the Jets-Packers game on NFL Shortcuts.

Losers:

Clinton-Dix: I see a little Sean Taylor in him, but the more I see him play, the more I dislike him. Slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Has the making of a classic "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Brady, Brees, Stafford, Ryan and even Cutler are not gonna overthrow a wide open receiver like Geno Smith did.

Hawk: Look around the league. The good/great defenses all have good/great ILBs. The only times Hawk got noticed was when his helmet fell off.

Hyde: Tackled poorly. Terrible in zone coverage.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change. It was obvious Lacy wasn't gonna see daylight even if he was running on the sun. Should've feed Stark or Harris the rock.

Contrary to popular belief, Peppers didn't play a poor game and he wasn't invisible. Guy had plenty of "near" sacks and "near" pressures that forced Smith to throw the ball quicker than he would've liked, resulting in incompletions. Just wait til the Packers start playing stationary QBs. Peppers is going to make Thompson look grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post

Losers:

Clinton-Dix: I see a little Sean Taylor in him, but the more I see him play, the more I dislike him. Slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Has the making of a classic "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Brady, Brees, Stafford, Ryan and even Cutler are not gonna overthrow a wide open receiver like Geno Smith did.

Hawk: Look around the league. The good/great defenses all have good/great ILBs. The only times Hawk got noticed was when his helmet fell off.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change. It was obvious Lacy wasn't gonna see daylight even if he was running on the sun. Should've feed Stark or Harris the rock.

Contrary to popular belief, Peppers didn't play a poor game and he wasn't invisible. Guy had plenty of "near" sacks and "near" pressures that forced Smith to throw the ball quicker than he would've liked, resulting in incompletions. Just wait til the Packers start playing stationary QBs. Peppers is going to make Thompson look grand.
    Good post. I have no idea of any of that shit is right, but you sound pretty sure about it.

McCarthy: I miss the old, liberal McCarthy. When DeShawn Wynn was running into brick walls, McCarthy got rid of the run and went with short passes and the "big" 5. Nowadays, McCarthy is too stubborn to change.
    The adjustment you mention, passing (but without five wide) is exactly the adjustment he made yesterday. They stopped running and passed on a D that did not want to let Lacy go. They played single high safety and Rodgers and Nelson torched it from the 2nd Quarter on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The adjustment you mention, passing (but without five wide) is exactly the adjustment he made yesterday. They stopped running and passed on a D that did not want to let Lacy go. They played single high safety and Rodgers and Nelson torched it from the 2nd Quarter on.
    My main point was, McCarthy should've used a different back. Harris should've been playing the majority of the time when the Packers were down 21-3, as Harris is the Packers' best receiving runningback. Put Starks there with the lead.

Lacy was having a bad day at work.

Losers:

I'm gonna give a rookie S a pass. He's learning on the job. He may be peeking back towards the QB and then getting burned. I can't think of many rookie safeties that play like savvy veterans in their first few games.

If Quarless can be believed the run was a big part of the game plan but got ditched because the Jets wouldn't come out of their 3-4 base against three wides. Doesn't matter who your running back is, that is when you put the ball in Rodgers's hands and let him torch the defense.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I think the main point about MM and the run game is that Lacy looked big fat and slow on Sunday and was doing too much dancing. Starks and Harris both seem to realize that by just running straight you get more yards (and they do.)