Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Winners & Losers - Packers vs Jets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I think the main point about MM and the run game is that Lacy looked big fat and slow on Sunday and was doing too much dancing. Starks and Harris both seem to realize that by just running straight you get more yards (and they do.)
    I did see Lacy dance around a couple times. If he'd just cut and go, he'd get a couple yards as opposed to none or going backwards. Positive yardage, even if it's 1 or 2 yards, is better than none.

Starks used to dance...Alot. I haven't seen him do it since the beginning of last year. In Preseason this year, I can't remember him doing it at all. Maybe he fixed that, but old habits die hard.

LOL at people that think Lacy should come off the field more. Come on now. Lacy will get whatever load he can handle. Starks/Harris will split the rest--depending on how the game is going. Because running against the Jets is difficult, the better pass receiver (Harris) played more. Other weeks, they will run more (and more effectively), and Starks will get more playing time.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Rex was obviously very concerned with what Lacy could do to their defense. Keeping Lacy in the game forced the Jets to stay in base even when the Packers used 3 wides. As a result, they couldn't double Jordy and paid the price.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rex was obviously very concerned with what Lacy could do to their defense. Keeping Lacy in the game forced the Jets to stay in base even when the Packers used 3 wides. As a result, they couldn't double Jordy and paid the price.
    I thought I saw several times where Lacy stayed back there to help block too and did a pretty nice job.

GBPG actually praised Lacy's blocking help--mostly on Sherrod's side.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I agree that ol' Eddie doesn't look like the brute he looked like last year. Now he looks like that long line of pedestrian backs who keep searching outside for some room, but never find it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I agree that ol' Eddie doesn't look like the brute he looked like last year. Now he looks like that long line of pedestrian backs who keep searching outside for some room, but never find it.
    So what is the consensus here? Lacy is just a flash in the pan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    That it is the start of the season and the OL is shitty like it always is.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No. Jets decided to take Lacy away by playing base all game. Well, they shut down Lacy but got torched by Jordy. Pick your poison.

Lacy will be fine once the packers stop playing the NFL's top rushing defenses. And getting Bulaga back wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    No. Jets decided to take Lacy away by playing base all game. Well, they shut down Lacy but got torched by Jordy. Pick your poison.

Lacy will be fine once the packers stop playing the NFL's top rushing defenses. And getting Bulaga back wouldn't hurt either.
    I've seen two halves of the first two games, the second half against Sea and the first half against NY. Those were by far the worst halves (maybe I should take this as a sign and not turn them on at all against Det). In both cases what I saw was an offense whose components didn't seem to be working well together. Sherrod was a turnstile which caused everything to come to a screeching halt at times against Seattle. Rodgers was holding onto the ball too long and wasn't in sync with his receivers. Boykin was dropping balls he should catch. Lacy was bouncing runs outside and going nowhere. Overall they just looked like shit. My hope is that this is just another version of the early season jitters that McCarthy's offenses always seem to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I've seen two halves of the first two games, the second half against Sea and the first half against NY. Those were by far the worst halves (maybe I should take this as a sign and not turn them on at all against Det). In both cases what I saw was an offense whose components didn't seem to be working well together. Sherrod was a turnstile which caused everything to come to a screeching halt at times against Seattle. Rodgers was holding onto the ball too long and wasn't in sync with his receivers. Boykin was dropping balls he should catch. Lacy was bouncing runs outside and going nowhere. Overall they just looked like shit. My hope is that this is just another version of the early season jitters that McCarthy's offenses always seem to go through.
    May I point out that despite all those struggles, they managed to put up 31 points against a pretty good Jets defense?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    maybe I should take this as a sign and not turn them on at all against Det
    Try it out and see. Take one for the team!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    We have played two very good defenses, and they were gearing up to stop Lacy, which did help AR. Even the threat of the run and adjustment by the defense can be a win for the Packers offense. Keeping them honest instead of previous years when the defense would just pin their ears back.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I don't know about anyone else, but watching the games on television is an exhausting, draining experience for me. Last year my neighbor said he was actually scared when he heard me screaming; he thought maybe I was beating the girlfriend or the grandson.

Yet I cannot stay away.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack