Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Stafford will be sacked 5 times
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

That would be a recipe for a win, as long as the offense does its part. I hope you are right, TO.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    If Pete Carroll were our coach he would get us a tie. McCarthy just doesn't care about hard bargaining at the negotiating table and always resorts to the same three finesse tactics. The Lions' best alternative to negotiation is to whoop our ass and create an unrealistic expectation of dominance for their city and fanbase. A principled negotiator should be able to anchor with that.
    Not the switch again!!!

No turnovers and the Packers win this.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Clearly Casey Hayward has not been doing his yoga. Good thing the Packers have depth at cornerback, too bad none of the other guys have been very good at creating turnovers. If the Packers can find a way to get Rodgers time he is going to light up the Lions secondary.
    Be a threat with the run game and Rodgers will have time too. Stay out of 3rd and longs, put their offense in 3rd and long and generate that pressure.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The Packer OL is not soft
    That's true. See sig.

Football games are still going on? Well I'll be a son-of-a-bitch. I thought everything got canceled due to the lack of discussion about it in the media.

I think you guys beat the Lions but it's not going to a walk in the park........Vikings unlikely to beat the Saints despite a putrid defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Football games are still going on? Well I'll be a son-of-a-bitch. I thought everything got canceled due to the lack of discussion about it in the media.

I think you guys beat the Lions but it's not going to a walk in the park........Vikings unlikely to beat the Saints despite a putrid defense.
    I take it you aren't jumping ship to our side of the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I take it you aren't jumping ship to our side of the fence?

I'm sure you considered leaving your squad when Davenport shit in the laundry basket but I ain't like that.

I'm sure you considered leaving your squad when Davenport shit in the laundry basket but I ain't like that.

He did that in college. And it was kinda endearing, anyway. Gave new meaning to "Go, Pack, Go!"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It was Fritz but it's a great story similar to the wizzinator so I use it when I can - but let's not derail the discussion. So how is the confidence in Michigan for Sundays game?

Blog Entries

Like Davenport's agent said, "he's leaving everything behind him".

Thx for the support, Rasta man. This would be a big win for us. We need all the division games in hand we can get.

Got a friend who's a die hard Lions fan. He's feeling pretty cocky right now. I'm talking The Lions up. Lulling him into a sense of false security.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Rodgers is 9-0 vs. Detroit (not including the game he was injured early). Hope it continues. We got killed without him. Wonder how Detroit would fare without Stafford.
    You gotta be careful with Detroit backup QB mojo. Shaun Hill and Orlovsky have looked good against the Packers.

Almost as potent as Indianapolis Paul Justins.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I heard both Hayward and Hyde were full participants at practice yesterday but Bulaga was still limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I heard both Hayward and Hyde were full participants at practice yesterday but Bulaga was still limited.
    Yes.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 21h
    Bryan Bulaga again in pads for the #Packers at tackle. Seemed to do a lot. McCarthy will be speaking later.

Brandon Bostick (fibula) in pads, participating in position drills during segment of practice open to media.

Also practicing for Green Bay was Casey Hayward (glute). Only players out: Brad Jones, Andy Mulumba.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

You had to open THAT old wound?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes.

Bryan Bulaga again in pads for the #Packers at tackle. Seemed to do a lot. McCarthy will be speaking later.

Brandon Bostick (fibula) in pads, participating in position drills during segment of practice open to media.

Also practicing for Green Bay was Casey Hayward (glute). Only players out: Brad Jones, Andy Mulumba.
    They're really providing a lot more detail in their injury reports now. They've got it down to specific bones and muscles instead of just "leg" and "ass".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jones being out is addition by subtraction - now if we can only find a way to get Hawk off the field, we might be on to something.

Unfortunately - there is always dunderdummy
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Rodgers is 9-0 vs. Detroit (not including the game he was injured early). Hope it continues. We got killed without him. Wonder how Detroit would fare without Stafford.
    Is there any other team in the league that is as QB dependent as Green Bay??

It has never made sense to me that a team would have a philosophy which in effect says bad defense is acceptable, as long as it is supposedly predicated upon producing turnovers - and failing that, is to be bailed out by the QB.

The defense for bad defense is that our QB is awesome?? Seriously, that has never, ever made sense to me. Bad defense is bad defense.

I would rather have a defense that produces 0 turnovers per game, but forces 8 punts/game and only gives up 13 pts/game. This nonsense that says giving up 30 pts/game is okay, as long as you produce 3 TO's/game is mindboggling to me.

The Packer team philosphy that says bad defense is acceptable is why we can't compete - at all!!! - if our QB goes down. If our QB goes down, we are then stuck with that pathetic defense that can't keep you in games. Instead of being in a 13-10 game where you have chance, you're blown out 40-10.
    wist