Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    45-31 Lions.

We won't be able to stop them - they'll struggle to stop us as well, but it's in their place; they're a much more physical team than we are; their secondary is terrible, but so is ours; their LB's are servicable, our's are complete junk; they can run the ball, we can't - at all.

The Lions have the advantage at the skill positions, and of the 4 lines, i.e. OL and DL's - the only unit that is any good is the Lions DL. They could have 28 pts by the time dunderdummy wakes up.

We need turnovers in able to be competitive with them... if they cough it up 3+ times, we might have a chance, otherwise we're going to be 1-2.
    Detroit hasn't run the ball any better than we have.
    Our secondary is terrible?

Did you have your first cup of coffee before posting this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Detroit hasn't run the ball any better than we have.
    Our secondary is terrible?

Did you have your first cup of coffee before posting this morning?
    Detroit played Carolina last week... probably the best run defense in the NFL; and even though we faced 2 very tough run defenses - except for a stretch here and there, we haven't been able to run the ball for years.

I would have more confidence in our run game if it did not seem that MM had reverted to his norm, i.e. his 3 zone running plays; but alas, it would seem that he has. It will take him half the season to remember what file cabinet he stuffed those power running plays in - until then, we're gonna struggle... especially against a very stout Lions run defense.

As for our secondary - we played a very anemic passing offense in the Jets, and the Seahawks are very ordinary. Eric Decker broke free for an easy TD; Lockett might not score another TD his entire career... so based on past performance, and until our DB's prove they can hold their own - yes, our secondary sucks.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Detroit played Carolina last week... probably the best run defense in the NFL; and even though we faced 2 very tough run defenses - except for a stretch here and there, we haven't been able to run the ball for years.

I would have more confidence in our run game if it did not seem that MM had reverted to his norm, i.e. his 3 zone running plays; but alas, it would seem that he has. It will take him half the season to remember what file cabinet he stuffed those power running plays in - until then, we're gonna struggle... especially against a very stout Lions run defense.

As for our secondary - we played a very anemic passing offense in the Jets, and the Seahawks are very ordinary. Eric Decker broke free for an easy TD; Lockett might not score another TD his entire career... so based on past performance, and until our DB's prove they can hold their own - yes, our secondary sucks.
    Stretches like 2013, where they were 4th in the league with 4.7 ypc and the running game carried them for most of the season?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.