Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
Seriously, you can't be saying that the Packers defensive performance last T-giving was due to a lack of TOP??

What of a game where 2 great defensive teams slug it out to a 6-3 score?? Each team forced 8 punts... is forcing punts so out of vogue that it is considered fascist now??

TOP matters to some extent at the end of the game - after the defense has been out there for 75 plays, but if they're in the 3rd quarter, and the opposing offense has only snapped the ball 53 times, and have already put up 35 pts?? You can't fall back on TOP as a defense for the defense.

Guys running wide open all over the field, huge holes that RB's are walking thru for big gains... we gave up 241 yds rushing in that game - that's HS stuff.

Go ahead and try to defend dunderdummy - he's all yours.
The power of your arguments are further strengthened by implying those seeing what all went wrong with that game are "fascist". And Dunderdummy. What eloquence.

Turnovers are a part of the game. Personally I'll take them and/or punts just as long as the other team doesn't score.

And then you're nitpicking the FG. Detroit's first score of the game. The defense tightened up and allowed a FG, keeping the game entirely within reach. I'm not saying the defense would have been perfect, they probably still allow in the ballpark of 24-30 points, but by that point in the season we also knew that the defense couldn't be leaned on like in 2010 to win games. The offense didn't do their job (4 drives were under a minute), the defense bent and then broke.

And I'm not defending Capers. I was (and still am) ready for him to hit the trail last season. But I am defending the Packers prospects this year at Detroit against someone who seems to be the resident "chicken little" and is trying to justify a ludicrous prediction using what happened in a game last year without Rodgers, with two really terrible safeties, and half a Clay Matthews.