Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pats have serious O line issues.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pats have serious O line issues.
    They shouldn't. They have a 4th year starter at LT, a third year starter at C, a fifth year starter at RG, and Vollmer at RT. Only Marcus Cannon is inexperienced, and they felt good enough about him to get rid of Mankins. I know they struggled against Miami, but teams have bad games. Brady barely got touched when he did drop back against Minnesota. I see a noticeable difference in Brady. It sucks because I thought he'd bounce back, and I drafted him my fantasy league. He's turned into a game manager because he's just not very good on the deep ball anymore.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Here's what the offense did last year:

Punt, FG (after an out out of bounds KO), punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt, punt, turnover.

Here's what the defense did:

Fumble Recovery, Allowed FG, Fumble Recovery for TD, Interception, Allowed TD, Allowed TD, Missed FG, Allowed TD, Interception, Punt, Allowed TD, Allowed TD, End of Game.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Anybody know who the Packer's activated to take Mulumba's spot?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Anybody know who the Packer's activated to take Mulumba's spot?
    Nobody yet.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Questionable: RT Bryan Bulaga (knee), CB Casey Hayward (glute)
    Probable: S Hyde (knee)
    Out: ILB Brad Jones (quad)
    OLB Andy Mulumba (knee)
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Questionable: RT Bryan Bulaga (knee), CB Casey Hayward (glute)
    Probable: S Hyde (knee)
    Out: ILB Brad Jones (quad)
    OLB Andy Mulumba (knee)
    So, Bulaga and Hayward won't be active on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    So, Bulaga and Hayward won't be active on game day.
    On the Packers, it does seem that questionable ranges from WILL play to WILL probably spend day in the hospital.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Goddamn right Hayward needs some yoga. Every yoga instructor I've ever perved on seems like they've taken real good care of those glutes.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I looked it up - Detroit ran 21 plays in the 1st quarter. Drove the length of the field twice, only to be stymied by a Bush fumble; the 2nd drive ended at the beginning of the 2nd quarter with a Detroit FG. Nobody was gassed then - if they were, they're not in good enough shape to be playing in the NFL.

We produced 2 TO's in the 2nd quarter that produced our 10 pts - after that, it was complete Detroit domination in every phase of the game - including special teams.

I don't think anyone expected us to win that game - but you have to put up a fight... if not for them shooting themselves in the foot, the score at halftime would have been 31-0, and 31-0 would have been a more accurate indicator of just how dominant Detroit was on both sides of the ball.

Gassed defense had nothing to do with the 1st half.
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    TOP isn't so much about being gassed on defense. If a team has the ball for a game and a half worth of offense, you'd expect them to put up a game and a half worth of points.

offense and defense are very connected.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I don't know what to think about this game. I was excited, prior to the season, by the additions on defense and the idea of actually trying to do something differently (though I never was nor am sure what the hell that "more personnel, fewer packages" thing was exactly about). But the team came out as flat as a flapper against the SeaShits and the Jest, and they still look like last year's defense.

To top it off, the offense is sporadic, and Lacy does not look like last year's rookie of the year. So I don't know.

That Lions defensive line is tough. That may be the key - if this Packer offensive line, which is supposed to be better than anything they've had for a few years - can control the LOS.

God I hope the defense plays well.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That Lions defensive line is tough. That may be the key - if this Packer offensive line, which is supposed to be better than anything they've had for a few years - can control the LOS.

God I hope the defense plays well.
    The Packers only chance to control the LOS is their hurry up offense. I usually don't like it, but this Sunday I'd like to see Suh and company get no rest between plays. That along with some misdirection/Rodgers rolling out and the offense will be fine.

The defense is another story. Capers has to figure out how to get pressure on Stafford. If he has time to throw, we're in trouble.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think this was the evaluation during training camp before Barclay went down, then Tretter went on IR DTR, Bulaga got dinged in the first game and the Pack was forced to see how Sherrod would do as depth. If Barclay doesn't go down, perhaps Sherrod isn't even with the team anymore. The group went from being encouraging to having some quesiton marks. Linsley has been OK overall. It's RT that where depth has been tested to the max.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I think this was the evaluation during training camp before Barclay went down, then Tretter went on IR DTR, Bulaga got dinged in the first game and the Pack was forced to see how Sherrod would do as depth. If Barclay doesn't go down, perhaps Sherrod isn't even with the team anymore. The group went from being encouraging to having some quesiton marks. Linsley has been OK overall. It's RT that where depth has been tested to the max.

I'm going to guess that the Packers play it their usual conservative way, and both Bulaga and Hayward will not play. This means it's time for Sherrod to prove he can play in the NFL.

I think the Lions feel a stronger sense of desperation, so I believe their "questionables" will be active.

I was reading the Detroit Free Press about this game, and their so-called experts are picking the Packers to win. But what really caught my eye was this analysis of the Packer secondary: "Green Bay has one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, but a suspect defense that's thin in the secondary ."

Whoa. This coming from a writer who sees, daily, the Lion's secondary, which lists the top three slot cornerbacks as out, and the offseason acquisition at safety, Idhegibo (sp?) as questionable.

Fairley is listed as having a biceps issue, and Ansah is also questionable. I don't know it all that will have an impact. But Bahkteria and the whole line need to have a really good game. It could make the difference.

And I am curious to see if the damn defense plays any better this week. It's time to show some sense of improvement, no? If they can sustain what they started against the Jest after that stupid first quarter-and-change, then good. If Stafford starts out tearing them up, I might just cry.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

From this Tanier preview, I noticed some things don't change.

New kicker Nate Freese has missed all three of his field-goal attempts beyond 30 yards, and Jeremy Ross fumbled a kickoff return.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    They have a great d line but do they have the depth to play the whole game in hurry up?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    They have a great d line but do they have the depth to play the whole game in hurry up?
    My thought exactly. Wear their fat guys out. The guy I'm really worried about is Levy. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...275864021.html

He's a game changer. Too bad the Packers don't do a better job of scouting players right in their own back yard.

Sherrod has had trouble on the road with noise. How loud does the stadium get Fritz?

It's madness, PB. I saw the Lions/Bears Monday night two years ago, and it was the loudest place I've ever been in my life, period. Sporting events, concerts, women screaming in my ear. Ever.

If it goes the Lions' way early, it will be impossible for the offense to hear anything at all.

KYPack