Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's madness, PB. I saw the Lions/Bears Monday night two years ago, and it was the loudest place I've ever been in my life, period. Sporting events, concerts, women screaming in my ear. Ever.

If it goes the Lions' way early, it will be impossible for the offense to hear anything at all.
    Maybe that is why Bulaga is healthy.

Just looked this up conversing with Red, Football Oustiders ranks of Team Units

Overall: Packers 12th (+10.0), Lions 7th (+23.8)

Offense: Packers 11th (+10.7), Lions 8th (+11.8)

Defense: Packers 23 (+9.0), Lions 3rd (-25.2) - ratings in terms of offensive success, so positive D ratings are bad

Slocum: Packers 2nd (+8.5), Lions 31st (-13.2)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i don't see how our ST can be ranked that high. anyone who's actually watched them knows they sucks

guess football outsiders considers kick returns to the 10 or 15 to be positive plays

or shanked punts, or dumb running into the punter penalties

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't see how our ST can be ranked that high. anyone who's actually watched them knows they sucks

guess football outsiders considers kick returns to the 10 or 15 to be positive plays

or shanked punts, or dumb running into the punter penalties
    Who had better special teams today? Ross had two good returns but otherwise it was the Packers. Plus their kicker isn't helping.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

well cobb had one good return. harris had one that didn't suck to the 25

other then that, the difference would be that our kicker didn't miss any FG's, because he didn't get to attempt any

KO returns

harris 2 at 24 and 26
    ross 2 for 22, and 34

punt returns

cobb 2 of 0 and 22
    ross 2 of 4 and 12

punting

masthay 5 punts 39.8 average long of 48 two punts inside the 20
    martin, 2 punts for 40.5 average long of 55, 1 inside the 20

kicking

crosby 0/0 fgs, 1/1 xps
    freese 1/2 and 2/2

so if anything, our st's were slightly better. which still isn't saying a whole lot