Thread: Goodell got it wrong and he's sorry.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Goodell is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in this situation. I'm sure past commissioners didn't address this issue because there was no video of the deeds. But once everyone saw the brutal act then everyone got upset and we need someone to blame so lets blame Goodell but not the perpetrator? IMO the only good thing about all of this perhaps domestic violence and child abuse will be out in the open and the monsters who are terrorizing the very people they supposedly love will be properly punished - and not just NFL players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Goodell is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in this situation. I'm sure past commissioners didn't address this issue because there was no video of the deeds. But once everyone saw the brutal act then everyone got upset and we need someone to blame so lets blame Goodell but not the perpetrator? IMO the only good thing about all of this perhaps domestic violence and child abuse will be out in the open and the monsters who are terrorizing the very people they supposedly love will be properly punished - and not just NFL players.
    I agree to an extent, but he isn't the only sports League dealing with this. Nor is he the only employer in the same boat. His entire career has been in the NFL and his lack of imagination and hubris that he and his current staff could handle something like this demonstrates how shallow his thinking and knowledge is.

What he is doing now, hiring outside experts and decentralizing authority, should have been his plan from Day 1. I don't understand how the NFLPA signed off on his being judge, jury, appellate court and executioner. Unions have been through this before too. Its as if they actually believe Football as a Sports Entertainment Business is actually a Unicorn.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.