Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official GameDay Thread Week 3: Packers @ Lions

Packers got no passing game. Nothing to backs. Quarless did have some catches. No #2 threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think that scout who called Green Bay an 8-8 team today might want to re-evaluate.
    thinking that too

the offense is really broken. we can't run the ball and a-rod thinks he only has 1 target

Packers wasted a very good performance by their defense today.

Red...you're on my ignore list until you change that avatar.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I think we need to scrap the no huddle/hurry up for a while. The O needs to get fixed.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

In the past I maintained that nobody had injuries like the Pack, and this explained many issues of performance. But so far this year they've been healthy, but they look like shit. Soft, yellowish poop.

Lions were decimated in the defensive backfield, but they played well thanks to their d-line. No excuses for the Packers. Their offense just sucked.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think we need to scrap the no huddle/hurry up for a while. The O needs to get fixed.
    whats with all the shotgun?

you could probably count on one hand the amount of times a-rod lined up under center

i wouldn't say what we run is a hurry up, because we run the clock down to zero on almost every play. but the no huddle doesn't seem to be doing anything at all up to this point

I agree - they go no huddle, but they take all kinds of time to get lined up, so what's the point?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I was away from the Matrix this morning. WtF happened. 19 to fucking 7?

Fat Mike, offensive genius, indeed.

Based on the score alone, the defense is the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers wasted a very good performance by their defense today.

Red...you're on my ignore list until you change that avatar.
    hell no, smoky is the man

Well, the Offense owes the Defense one. Maybe one and a half.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I was away from the Matrix this morning. WtF happened. 19 to fucking 7?

Fat Mike, offensive genius, indeed.

Based on the score alone, the defense is the least of our worries.
    lions defense scored 9 point, well 8. returned fumble for a TD and a safety

our O looked absolutely worthless today in almost every aspect

and our D actually looked really good for most of the game

go figure

Is Brandon Bostick alive?

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we saw it earlier in the game on 3rd and 2 when they went for the long ball instead of just trying to get the 1st
    For the last time, that was not a deep route. It was a quick wheel route with Cobb coming out of the slot. It was a fifteen yard throw, not a bomb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I agree. I don't know how you run more plays from that no-huddle when it takes the whole clock to call the adjustments.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, the Offense owes the Defense one. Maybe one and a half.
    Yeah, the problem is most people will say the Packers simply stumbled when running up against a great defense. Well, up until now, the Packers were supposed to have a great offense, so should have at least been competitive against the Lions defense. Instead, they were manhandled, decimated, annihilated....give me a little time to have another drink to come up with some other adjectives.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    For the last time, that was not a deep route. It was a quick wheel route with Cobb coming out of the slot. It was a fifteen yard throw, not a bomb.
    is a 15 yard wheel route along the sideline a better option then a short 2 yard slant, or out

i say, fuck no

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    lions defense scored 9 point, well 8. returned fumble for a TD and a safety

our O looked absolutely worthless today in almost every aspect

and our D actually looked really good for most of the game

go figure
    Thanks, Red.

So the D gives up ten to the vaunted Lions O in Detroit and the offense couldn't get more than seven.

Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Is Brandon Bostick alive?
    Is James Starks alive?

Eight carries for 38 yards (4.8 avg) in the first half today - no carries in the second half. This after no carries, no touches last week against the Jets.

What gives????

I am going to give Harlan 3/4 of a point, and Fritz and I can split 1/4. The O line wasn't a tire fire on the last drive. But it wasn't doing much in the running game and bled throughout the game in pass rush.

But the white knuckle pass pro meant only the short passing game was available and it wasn't working well.

There was no reason to keep sending Lacy in there when Starks was making it work.

I still am puzzled how they lost. 3 turnovers?!?!? Very disaapointed and I didnt even get to watch. Wonder what excuse or failed "fix" MM will have this week. This is getting old.