Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Lions Week 3

More Banjo: @ Lions Week 3

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m
    McCarthy: I like the mechanics of how we game planned. This was more about taking advantage of opportunities. #GBvsDET

Translation: Should have worked and was open. Doesn't realize players aren't capable of making that play yet though.

I generally find the critique of McCarthy being stubborn just lazily blaming poor outcomes. But this is where McCarthy's entire hurts. He trusts the system more than anything and in general that is as it should be. Makes it predictable for players to learn, gives backups a shot at contributing, etc.

But when it ain't working, it ain't working.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is he saying that the offensive line just didn't block for shit, and Boykin didn't catch for shit?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Is he saying that the offensive line just didn't block for shit, and Boykin didn't catch for shit?
    I think Boykin yes. I would bet he thinks there were holes to run in but they didn't get the correct read enough by the RB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'd say that's fair. Also, where is the YAC? It's like Rodgers is throwing to guys in tight coverage, pretty much always who get tackled almost right away. Where is Cobb?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think Boykin yes. I would bet he thinks there were holes to run in but they didn't get the correct read enough by the RB.

To me, that's on Lacey and Harris. On one carry Starks saw nowhere to go, so he jammed into the LOS and got about three. That was better than Lacey's losses or Harris's losses. I don't get this trying to get outside when they know what kind of line and linebackers the Lions have.

Sounds like MM is dropping this one at the players' feet. Hope he's screaming at them right now, and when he gets home his wife screams at him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    And again, the Packers receivers take FOREVER and a day to get open. And this against a Lion's secondary that is supposed to be hurting.

yeah, they were singularly unimpressive, were they not?

KYPack

Not for nothing, but in the player's red doesn't like department, Burnett had a terrible half assed attempt to stop Bush short of his touchdown. He dived and hit nothing,

To me, that's on Lacey and Harris. On one carry Starks saw nowhere to go, so he jammed into the LOS and got about three. That was better than Lacey's losses or Harris's losses. I don't get this trying to get outside when they know what kind of line and linebackers the Lions have.

Sounds like MM is dropping this one at the players' feet. Hope he's screaming at them right now, and when he gets home his wife screams at him.
    It was damn clear on the TV and I assume in the booth that Starks could read where the holes were.

I wonder what has happened to Lacey? Last year he seemed to have a great feel for the creases and holes, now he's bouncing most everything outside.

KYPack

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
    #Packers RB Eddie Lacy seemed perplexed about run game: "Don't know if I have to be more patient or speed things up."
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
    Lions CB Darius Slay: "Our thing was to stop Jordy. We did that and made the other people beat us."

Not for nothing, but in the player's red doesn't like department, Burnett had a terrible half assed attempt to stop Bush short of his touchdown. He dived and hit nothing,
    i think its becoming more and more clear that our 2 best safeties are hyde and Haha.

they are the future at least

how bout big props for a safety getting an INT?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
    Lions CB Darius Slay: "Our thing was to stop Jordy. We did that and made the other people beat us."
    Yes, yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
    #Packers RB Eddie Lacy seemed perplexed about run game: "Don't know if I have to be more patient or speed things up."
    Seemed that Lacy was doing too much east/west running instead of north/south. He is the LAST guy to be dancing around from sideline to sideline. He is the battering ram. If there is even a tiny crease, he should be hitting it and making his own holes.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275944591.html

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstein paraphrasing something or someone:
    And so they [Detroit] protected their injury-decimated secondary, which was on its fifth and sixth cornerback in its nickel package after Don Carey left with a hamstring injury, by playing both safeties deep and wide in zone coverage, letting their corners cover man-to-man, and having their linebackers ignore play-action and take away the middle of the field.
    So let's say TEs are not an option because if they are in they are blocking first and releasing second. The answer to this, if Lacy can't get yardage, was to put Starks in who clearly knew where to go.

So how was it that he disappeared? That is the question that should be asked this week.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-21-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I'm no football genius, I'm just old, but I can still see. And what I see for the most part is a very slow Packer team. And this problem seems to be getting worse. So I understand you cannot teach fast/speed, but the Packer coaches sure seem good at teaching slow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    It's very difficult for a running back to read the right hole when MM calls the halfback toss 8 times in the game. When a RB is looking at the ball that is being pitched the length of a handoff, he cannot correctly read the gaps because he has to catch the ball. MM loves his stupid halfback toss play that he came up with a few years ago and runs it constantly. MM is to blame for people not finding the right holes, not the RB's.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I will agree that Lacy dances too much. He seems to think he can juke guys instead of just plowing through them. This is also on the coaches. You have a clearly confused 2nd year player and who is helping him? Where are the coaches?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/275944591.html

So let's say TEs are not an option because if they are in they are blocking first and releasing second. The answer to this, if Lacy can't get yardage, was to put Starks in who clearly knew where to go.

So how was it that he disappeared? That is the question that should be asked this week.
    The only answer I can come up with is that Lacy is the best all around RB they have, they like him in pass pro a lot more, and they felt like they'd eventually get opportunities to exploit the Lions secondary for explosive plays. M3 has been fond of referencing the count of explosive plays for vs against this year and it seems that thinking has surfaced in his public analysis lately, even though it's been apparent to Packers fans for 5 years.