Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: More Banjo: @ Lions Week 3

Apprpos of above play diagram, Rodgers on their execution versus the Cover 2:

“A lot of times, the inside guy has to win when you’ve got two-high safeties because the middle is kind of the soft spot, especially when it’s man-under. We didn’t win in the middle enough.”
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...6201&is_corp=1
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I don't get why he can't just dump it to the TE and get a 2-3 yards. If the TE was actually fast it would gain 5-7.
    It looks like this is 3rd and ~12. A 2-7 yard gain would help very little.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

So the million dollar questions are, what is ailing Cobb and Bostick, and why can't Cobb get open against Detroit's mediocre nickel backs?

I read somewhere that Bostick played on ST this week. I haven't watched the game, but is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I read somewhere that Bostick played on ST this week. I haven't watched the game, but is that true?
    Yes. Quarless got the bulk of the snaps at TE. Rodgers, the nominal starter, got half his count. I didn't see Bostick on O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes. Quarless got the bulk of the snaps at TE. Rodgers, the nominal starter, got half his count. I didn't see Bostick on O.
    Wonder why Bostick isn't getting snaps. Quarless is pulling the same plow down the field that Kuhn uses and Rodgers looks lost and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Wonder why Bostick isn't getting snaps. Quarless is pulling the same plow down the field that Kuhn uses and Rodgers looks lost and confused.
    Limited snap count, maybe. Coming off injury.

Rodgers looks like a plodder - maybe he needs to drop some weight, but good grief he looks useless out there.

We miss Finley a lot... without a threat up the seam, it only makes sense that teams can forget about the TE's and focus on the WR's.

I still have hope for this team, but unless the coaching staff starts catering to the talent available, as opposed to the talent they used to have, it's going to be a long, losing season. I don't think we'll have a losing season, but it sure looks possible at this point.
    wist

Finley post injury was useless up the seam. But he could outrun a LB and get you that first down on a crossing route. But since that is all he wanted to run, it becomes predictable too.