Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Lions Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I will agree that Lacy dances too much. He seems to think he can juke guys instead of just plowing through them. This is also on the coaches. You have a clearly confused 2nd year player and who is helping him? Where are the coaches?
    Lacy had a tough sled in Ford field last year too, but he really started to excel as a feature back getting 20+ carries a game when Rodgers was down.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Another question that should be asked: Why did Stubby decide to establish the run game first against the Lions who have a banged up secondary? Wouldn't it make more sense to establish the passing game first?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Lacy had a tough sled in Ford field last year too, but he really started to excel as a feature back getting 20+ carries a game when Rodgers was down.
    Lacy is worthless on turf. He's a plodder. He'll be great in Lambeau come November...but on a fast track, the guy is a liability IMO. Starks should be the feature back on fast tracks.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Maybe the Packers should purchase some game film of the Broncos and Peyton Manning so Stubby can learn how it's done.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Another question that should be asked: Why did Stubby decide to establish the run game first against the Lions who have a banged up secondary? Wouldn't it make more sense to establish the passing game first?
    Trying to avoid a jailbreak with an injured starter and new starter on the O line, on the road versus a lot of noise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70 5m
    You "bloggers" out there are "bloggers" for a reason. You don't know shit about what we do.

TJ is firing on all cylinders on Twitter, too bad it wasn't true of his run block in front of the end zone.

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70 2h
    “@kdbeeson: @NdamukongSuh works his magic with @TJLang70 early in today's Lions-Packers game. #lionspride pic.twitter.com/RGoh6XRTDW” magic?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://allgbp.com/2014/09/21/mike-mc...luted-mindset/

Apparently, JerseyAl has not made the connection to the West Coast Offense that explains this mindset.

Lang is one of my favorite Packers, but he sounds like a whiner there.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
    Davante Adams on @Cover_2 on Rodgers yelling at him: "I saw the wrong [signal]."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8m
    Adams: "The good thing is when we went into the season, me and Aaron got on the same page a lot more and he's built up more trust in me."

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://allgbp.com/2014/09/21/mike-mc...luted-mindset/

Apparently, JerseyAl has not made the connection to the West Coast Offense that explains this mindset.
    I agree with the article.

It's rare nowadays to find a team that runs the classic WCO of Walsh and Holmgren. McCarthy's modified version of the WCO has became too predictable.

Fat Mac oughta watch some films of Arizona's offense. Arians is creative.

Rodgers said in his PC said they didn't do a very good job of adjusting to the Lions defensive scheme. Whether he was talking about MM's play-calling, his own adjustments at the line of scrimmage, protection schemes, or receivers adjusting routes I'm not sure. I'm wondering what the lions did that was so hard to figure out. Were they really surprised that the Lions came out and doubled Jordy after what he did to the Jets?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete 31m
    Giants-Lions in Week 1 made it look like NY's offense was terrible, but maybe instead Detroit's defense is just great.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    TJ is firing on all cylinders on Twitter, too bad it wasn't true of his run block in front of the end zone.

TJ Lang ‏@TJLang70 2h
    “@kdbeeson: @NdamukongSuh works his magic with @TJLang70 early in today's Lions-Packers game. #lionspride pic.twitter.com/RGoh6XRTDW” magic?

And that is a perfect example of illegal hands to the face.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers said in his PC said they didn't do a very good job of adjusting to the Lions defensive scheme. Whether he was talking about MM's play-calling, his own adjustments at the line of scrimmage, protection schemes, or receivers adjusting routes I'm not sure. I'm wondering what the lions did that was so hard to figure out. Were they really surprised that the Lions came out and doubled Jordy after what he did to the Jets?
    They were planning on seeing single-high safety due to Lacy. They got 2-high and rotation over Nelson. The more alarming part is that until the last drive, there didn't seem to be plan B.

Like other purveyors of WCO, the coach is depending on winning one on one match ups in the offense due to superior preparation, execution and design. Its not happening. Trust issues, Boykin's dip in execution, Cobb not having a big role (and couple drops), no TEs.

McCarthy's faith in the system has produced players and production in areas that never looked promising. He has a track record here and he isn't going to alter the offense until midseason if past results is indicative of future performance.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-22-2014 at 10:25 AM.

I wonder if Aaron confides in Olivia that he has "trust issues".

They were planning on seeing single-high safety due to Lacy. They got 2-high and rotation over Nelson. The more alarming part is that until the last drive, there didn't seem to be plan B.

Like other purveyors of WCO, the coach is depending on winning one on one match ups in the offense due to superior preparation, execution and design. Its not happening. Trust issues, Boykin's dip in execution, Cobb not having a big role (and couple drops), no TEs.

McCarthy's faith in the system has produced players and production in areas that never looked promising. He has a track record here and he isn't going to alter the offense until midseason if past results is indicative of future performance.
    That's why we call him Stubby.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm wondering what the lions did that was so hard to figure out.
    Detriot didn't do anything McCarthy, Rodgers and Co. weren't familiar with. Pretty much did what Seattle and SF like to do.

Cover-2, pressure QB with 4-men rush, stop run without putting a saftey in the box. Arizona, with Drew Fucking Stanton, and SD were able to beat these types of defenses in past weeks.

Fat Mac is too stupid to adjust, too stubborn to alter his predictable offense. Rodgers is playing like a bum. Lucy is playing like a bum.

When your OFFENSE gave up more points than it scored, that's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    That's why we call him Stubby.
    Taken to an appropriate length, its a strength. Terrible coaches (think about Ray Rhodes in 1999) are always changing things up and altering the focus of the team.

Refusal to change gives you Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier or Jim Schwartz.

However, its clear, whether its Boykin, Cobb, the TEs or run blocking, that the offense that is out there is not doing what he expects it to be capable of. Whether it will or expectations need to be altered is TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Detriot didn't do anything McCarthy, Rodgers and Co. weren't familiar with. Pretty much did what Seattle and SF like to do.

Cover-2, pressure QB with 4-men rush, stop run without putting a saftey in the box. Arizona, with Drew Fucking Stanton, and SD were able to beat these types of defenses in past weeks.

Fat Mac is too stupid to adjust, too stubborn to alter his predictable offense. Rodgers is playing like a bum. Lucy is playing like a bum.

When your OFFENSE gave up more points than it scored, that's a recipe for disaster.
    Seattle plays single-high safety with Thomas back and human cyborg Chancellor up on the LOS. Agree on last point. Nothing tells the story of that game like that fact.