Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Lions Week 3

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seattle plays single-high safety with Thomas back and human cyborg Chancellor up on the LOS. Agree on last point. Nothing tells the story of that game like that fact.
    You are probably right with Seattle. They have good corners that can play man. But from what I've seen, they're pretty much a 4 men rush team on passing downs. Their LBs can cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers said in his PC said they didn't do a very good job of adjusting to the Lions defensive scheme. Whether he was talking about MM's play-calling, his own adjustments at the line of scrimmage, protection schemes, or receivers adjusting routes I'm not sure. I'm wondering what the lions did that was so hard to figure out. Were they really surprised that the Lions came out and doubled Jordy after what he did to the Jets?
    Especially since they even said they were going to make sure they knew were Jordy was on every play. They have no other receiver at the moment. Cobb has played himself out of a big second contract, either because he lost a step from the injury or is at best an average #3. Boykin has regressed to the point of just being a special teamer, and Adams makes too many mistakes for Rodgers. All the tight ends combined aren't worth a bucket of shit. Fuck it, start activating Janis and give him one or two routes and see if he can make a play here or there. Somebody has to do something or this season is fucked.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Stephen Tulloch tore his ACL on his sack celebration/discount doublecheck/belt/taunt. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/22/det...lebrating-sack
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m
    MM: Pass protection unit did a good job. Perimeter had six drops. "We have to catch the ball much better."

Going off of memory, I had Boykin and Cobb each with 2, Adams with 1?

Plus at least 1 communication breakdown each btw Rodgers-Boykin and Rodgers-Adams.

Does Starks's drop count?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 9m
    McCarthy on Rodgers' comments about GB problems adjusting: The only correction I'd make is attacking it sooner, attacking their 2 deep.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 3m
    McCarthy when asked whether Rodgers can change run to pass: "Scheme is not a crutch. Execution … was clearly not good enough." #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m
    McCarthy: "If you have a run, and they're playing two deep, you should be able to run the ball. That's elementary football."

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 2m
    McCarthy: "Eddie (Lacy) needs to play better. … Running game wasn't what it needed to be. Not even close." #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m
    McCarthy: "Eddie needs to play better. I don't correct individuals in the media."

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 4m
    MM on Eddie Lacy: "Eddie needs to play better."
    Then he paused.
    "I'm not going to do this anymore. I don't correct individuals in media."

trey wingo @wingoz · Sep 21
    Lions gonna beat the Packers. Which means, GB will win the Super Bowl!!! Only other time Rodgers lost to Detroit? 2010. #yourewelcomeAmerica

More
    Luke Rodgers @thelukerodgers · 21h
    What a novel idea to create mismatches, strategically move personnel around, use diversion concepts and create confusion for the defense.
    ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 16 times16 FavoriteFavorited 17 times17
    More
    Luke Rodgers @thelukerodgers · 21h
    Watching the offensive creativity in these late games is making me nauseous.
    ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 2 times2 FavoriteFavorited 10 times10
    More

It didn't dawn on me before, but this is the third straight year the Packers have started 1-2. Wish they would get off to faster starts. They did follow up those starts with a 4-0 stretch last year and 6-1 stretch in 2012. Hopefully, we'll see something similar.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    It didn't dawn on me before, but this is the third straight year the Packers have started 1-2.
    I think I was more discouraged in past seasons. The defense is improving. Also, I feel good about the offensive line, they will come together just fine. Rodgers will get hot, make those chump wide outs look like players.

It didn't dawn on me before, but this is the third straight year the Packers have started 1-2. Wish they would get off to faster starts. They did follow up those starts with a 4-0 stretch last year and 6-1 stretch in 2012. Hopefully, we'll see something similar.
    It's frustrating that they usually find themselves with their back to the wall this time of year, but they usually do respond pretty well. To me this feels different than past years because of the way the Packers offense has struggled though.

Yea, it does seem like we often have this angst in the first 4-6 games over M3's teams. For a couple of years there, they had difficulty with Lovie's Bears early in the season (James Jones fumble) and usually played better against them later. To M3's credit, his teams usually get better as the season goes on. If it's because, as max often mentions, he's actually very good at in-season adjustment or because, as 31 has suggested, M3 sets up plays to troll later season film reads, they do usually look more competent later in the year.

I'm not too worried yet. Ford Field has been tough for the Packers and the Lions usually seem to be better earlier in the year but then slowly fizzle in the back half.

From Yoop's Baranczyk link about the no-huddle in the GBPG:

Jones' best game

Second-year defensive lineman Datone Jones is improving in the Packers' new, more attacking style with their defensive line, which is smaller than in recent years. Jones played 36 snaps (48 percent of the defensive total) and had maybe the best game (five tackles) of his young career. He also helped cause one of Stafford's interceptions early in the second quarter when he beat guard Larry Warford as an inside rusher. That forced Stafford off his spot just before he threw the deep pass to Calvin Johnson that cornerback Davon House intercepted.
    Good to finally hear positive news about the kid.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    You are probably right with Seattle. They have good corners that can play man. But from what I've seen, they're pretty much a 4 men rush team on passing downs. Their LBs can cover.
    I disagree. It seems like they run blitz every running play.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    From Yoop's Baranczyk link about the no-huddle in the GBPG:

Good to finally hear positive news about the kid.
    I remember that play, we gotta get a vine or gif of it on here. He absolutely destroyed one of the best young guards in the game.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Also props to Blocktiari, he was our best lineman against a guy who schooled him last year. Whether its his gains in the weight room showing or just his pride as a professional, he's the man.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Also props to Blocktiari, he was our best lineman against a guy who schooled him last year. Whether its his gains in the weight room showing or just his pride as a professional, he's the man.
    "Blocktari". That's awesome.

Bowen with a play diagram, says no one is open. Question for KYPack, ex-quarterbacks talk all the time about moving safeties with their eyes. Is this frowned upon in 2 deep because the safety is much closer, or is Bowen just not considering the offense's options?

The TE is open as well, might not go for a first, but ...

Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41 1h
    #Lions-#Packers: 2-Man. FS/SS play w/ depth in deep half + man-under. Nowhere for Rodgers to go w/ the ball. Sack.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bowen with a play diagram, says no one is open. Question for KYPack, ex-quarterbacks talk all the time about moving safeties with their eyes. Is this frowned upon in 2 deep because the safety is much closer, or is Bowen just not considering the offense's options?

#Lions-#Packers: 2-Man. FS/SS play w/ depth in deep half + man-under. Nowhere for Rodgers to go w/ the ball. Sack.

I don't get why he can't just dump it to the TE and get a 2-3 yards. If the TE was actually fast it would gain 5-7.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Isn't this the play in which your receiver - the one at about the 46 yard line in the middle of the field - races past his man for a strike up the middle? You've got the safeties nearly split. Could it be that the wide receive core, as a whole, just isn't playing up to snuff? What the heck is wrong with Randall Cobb?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It is, there is also the receiver on the Offense's right sideline who has lots of space between himself and OOB.

The only bad thing here is that you probably would prefer an outside release for the recover on the left. It would open the middle up more.

If Jennings was running those routes in the Super Bowl, I bet the ball gets thrown. I don't think he is happy with Boykin or Cobb at this point.

You should still be able to influence the safety, but not as much as single high.