Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pimps & Hoes

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    ?
    Tyrone Bigguns back from the ban hammer? If so, I'm glad.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I wish one of these other guys would dress down Rodgers after one of his copious mistakes. He sure seems unforgiving when he has had a garbage season riddled with more negatives than positives.

He seems like such an asshole. If we're being honest here, Rodgers is not playing like a top 15 quarterback right now. He certainly is not living up to his contract. Packers were 5-3 when he went out last year. Losing or barely squeaking by against good teams, and blowing out the really bad teams.

I'm so tired of announcers saying he's an X factor, an MVP candidate, etc. He's not even close right now. He is not anywhere near the same guy he was from when he initially became the starter to the 15-1 year.

I'm not trolling. He is not playing great. Doesn't seem nearly as evasive as he once did yet he holds the ball forever. The recipe is out on how to stop these guys. If a team can stop the run and keep safeties deep, they will severely limit the Packers offensively since they don't adjust.
    Who is having a good enough season to call him out? Nelson is the only guy. If Cobb complained, he'd get the Finley treatment.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mad has said Bigguns has had his old account reactivated for a while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Who is having a good enough season to call him out? Nelson is the only guy. If Cobb complained, he'd get the Finley treatment.
    Agreed. He is such a diva w/ a very public "dressing-down" guys on bad plays. It's very unbecoming of a leader.

Agreed. He is such a diva w/ a very public "dressing-down" guys on bad plays. It's very unbecoming of a leader.
    You mean 2 years of publicly ignoring his screw-ups and lobbying for the team to retain his services? That kind of dressing down?

I meant fans would find Cobb had no standing to criticize Rodgers because Cobb isn't going great guns either.

In 2009, following a loss to Tampa Bay in which Rodgers was sacked 6 times and threw 3 INT's, the Packers had a players-only meeting. Reportedly one of the O-Linemen (I think Clifton) stood up and said to Rodgers "Look, we have to play better, but you have to get rid of the ball quicker." At that point, the Packers turned their season around, going from 4-4 to finish 11-5. Rodger had 14 TD passes and 2 INT's the rest of the way, and was sacked just 14 times. Of course, this was before Rodgers was the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. Does anyone have the stature to do that now?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In 2009, following a loss to Tampa Bay in which Rodgers was sacked 6 times and threw 3 INT's, the Packers had a players-only meeting. Reportedly one of the O-Linemen (I think Clifton) stood up and said to Rodgers "Look, we have to play better, but you have to get rid of the ball quicker." At that point, the Packers turned their season around, going from 4-4 to finish 11-5. Rodger had 14 TD passes and 2 INT's the rest of the way, and was sacked just 14 times. Of course, this was before Rodgers was the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. Does anyone have the stature to do that now?
    Josh Sitton or Tramon Williams would be the only guys I can think of. Maybe Hawk.

My point above was mainly that A-Rod expects perfection from others and is very douchey about letting everyone know it. Having said that - he clearly does not demand the same of himself.

Josh Sitton or Tramon Williams would be the only guys I can think of. Maybe Hawk.

My point above was mainly that A-Rod expects perfection from others and is very douchey about letting everyone know it. Having said that - he clearly does not demand the same of himself.
    I don't think Rodgers having low standards for his own play is even a thing, much less the problem. It makes more sense that he is too busy chasing big plays.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I haven't watched the All-22 yet but I suspect Rodgers isn't really the issue. He hasn't been Elvis or anything through 3 games but even if he had things may not be too different. I think there are two main problems on offense.

1. We don't have a running play yet. Every year as this team gels there emerges a running play that the team just plain executes well and becomes a go-to play as well as a foundation from which to run misdirection like counters and play action off of. So far they have not found that play. I don't know if I've even seen a good candidate.

2. Of all the receivers, only Jordy has been of even starter quality. Boykin has looked ridiculously slow out of his cuts and is dropping everything. At this point he's earned a demotion to #4, maybe even #5. Nobody has been in a better position to succeed than Cobb yet every game he's had a chance to make a play and literally let it slip through his fingers. He's consistently lost 1 on 1's against subpar talents and mismatches. In the open field he hasn't looked like the threat he's supposed to be. He has sucked at doing all the things that are supposed to be his strengths. Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable. Quarless is by far the best thing we've got and is a backup quality TE. He's not particularly good at anything and doesn't have the kind of hands you want to rely on to move the chains, especially when the running game is just a turd.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Ted needs to bring Apollos Hester in for the half time speeches.

Gamblin' Rat
    This might be the problem for Rodgers right now:

OLIVIA MUNN

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Richard Rodgers got blasted on the safety play as well. No one on that side save Bulaga had a block worth a damn.
    Another (naive?) question for Stubby: If your game plan calls for using the TE's as blockers exclusively, why use the TE's? Why not just let a guy like Lane Taylor be a designated TE for the game...or at least for the Lacy safety play?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable.
    It's par for course that rookie wide-outs disappoint. I remember Sterling Sharpe struggling out of gate. But I certainly want to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    especially when the running game is just a turd.
    I'm not so discouraged by running game. Obviously they tried to squeeze blood out of rock yesterday, should have used more short passes. There were some running lanes, Starks played well, the run blocking has been far worse in recent memory.

I'm not at all discouraged by O-line, I think they will be a strength. The skill players are looking unskilled, lay off the fat guys. (Well, with possible exception of Coach.)

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Dude! Clear out your PMs and is there anyway to get the board to allow video from Vine to be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Another (naive?) question for Stubby: If your game plan calls for using the TE's as blockers exclusively, why use the TE's? Why not just let a guy like Lane Taylor be a designated TE for the game...or at least for the Lacy safety play?
    The defense would react to the lack of a skilled, eligible receiver at TE. Meaning coverage would be directed elsewhere.

The defense would react to the lack of a skilled, eligible receiver at TE. Meaning coverage would be directed elsewhere.
    On that note, did Kevin Barry ever catch a pass after being 'designated eligible' in the U-62 formation?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dude! Clear out your PMs and is there anyway to get the board to allow video from Vine to be posted?
    Apologies, try it now or just give me a link to try.

Right now, a Vine video here gets the link treatment:

https://vine.co/v/O7JxBKYzKtW

Vine.com itself wants you to embed the Vine video with this code:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O7JxBKYzKtW/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://vine.co/v/O7K9hI2VqUV

dang, nope
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...