Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pimps & Hoes

Couple of links describe how it should be possible to hack it together in BB code manager.

http://pastebin.com/yqiS1MPA

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2438206
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The defense would react to the lack of a skilled, eligible receiver at TE. Meaning coverage would be directed elsewhere.
    Didn't JJ Watt catch a TD pass this year? Don't know where he lined up.

Still, even if the defense reacted as you say, in a run situation at least we've got a stout blocker who won't get blasted out so easily.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Didn't JJ Watt catch a TD pass this year? Don't know where he lined up.

Still, even if the defense reacted as you say, in a run situation at least we've got a stout blocker who won't get blasted out so easily.
    Oh, you can do it. Belichick went on last week in great detail why he prefers a Tackle at TE over an unbalanced line. And throwing to that tackle is one way to make the D pay for not treating the Tackle like an eligible player. Belichick and Parcells did this for years.

I was simply commenting on why it might not be the first choice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jumbo Elliot!!! Still remember that badass MNF comeback victory. Why can't M3 be creative? Fucking honkie.

Oh, you can do it. Belichick went on last week in great detail why he prefers a Tackle at TE over an unbalanced line. And throwing to that tackle is one way to make the D pay for not treating the Tackle like an eligible player. Belichick and Parcells did this for years.

I was simply commenting on why it might not be the first choice.
    Belichick and Parcells always seem to think outside the box. It's why I like them and why they are elite coaches.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Well, its not just thinking outside the box. You have to have a run game the opponent is afraid of otherwise they won't adjust and your advantage depends entirely on running at a player you have just obviously put in the game for that expressed purpose.

The reason Vrabel and Jimbo Elliot were open was because people expected them to block and block well.

If you can't run, they treat him like a TE. Belichick hasn't used that play since his running game has gone into the toilet a few years ago.

Kevin Barry and U71 was something the opponent feared because the Packers could and did run under most circumstances. What Sherman was never able to do was pass well out of that formation. So it becomes predictable and slowly got less effective.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Jumbo Elliot!!! Still remember that badass MNF comeback victory. Why can't M3 be creative? Fucking honkie.
    Mad, the last time I really remember MM being creative was the fake punt that Tom Crabtree scored on against the Bears in 2012. There's a difference between gimmicky and creative. He needs to be more creative and keep the defenses guessing, especially on running plays.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Well, its not just thinking outside the box. You have to have a run game the opponent is afraid of otherwise they won't adjust and your advantage depends entirely on running at a player you have just obviously put in the game for that expressed purpose.

The reason Vrabel and Jimbo Elliot were open was because people expected them to block and block well.

If you can't run, they treat him like a TE. Belichick hasn't used that play since his running game has gone into the toilet a few years ago.

Kevin Barry and U71 was something the opponent feared because the Packers could and did run under most circumstances. What Sherman was never able to do was pass well out of that formation. So it becomes predictable and slowly got less effective.
    To me it sounds kind of like a chicken or the egg thing...Stubby leaves the TE end to block and the TE gets destroyed and the running game stalls. Maybe if the TE is a guard or tackle the running game doesn't stall, again, especially on your own 1 yard line.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sense out of Stubby's decision to keep a TE in to block who obviously can't block. And if that TE is never targeted, or if he is and he can't make the play, then the whole idea of Richard Rogers being in the game is insane compared to an extra guard or tackle.

Quasimodo ain't going to suddenly learn creativity. He's been profoundly outcoached in all three games already this year. The Packers are about to waste the prime of yet another HOF caliber QB...but hey, we'll learn from this and get better, right?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Quasimodo ain't going to suddenly learn creativity. He's been profoundly outcoached in all three games already this year. The Packers are about to waste the prime of yet another HOF caliber QB...but hey, we'll learn from this and get better, right?
    Remember the org isn't happy with mediocrity, the homers here have said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Remember the org isn't happy with mediocrity, the homers here have said so.
    We're homers because we think the organization wants to win? I think perhaps having 2 losing seasons in 22 years, 2 Super Bowl titles, 5 straight playoff appearances has given some people a distorted view of what mediocrity is. MM was one of 10 head coaches hired in 2006. Only Sean Payton has been as successful. You know what mediocrity is? Check out the other 8.

Rod Marinelli
    Scott Linehan
    Herm Edwards
    Brad Childress
    Gary Kubiak
    Eric Mangini
    Dick Jauron
    Art Shell
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Do other teams use shotgun as much as us? I must say I do miss the i-formation and single back w/ QB directly under center. All of these shotgun runs are so candy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    We're homers because we think the organization wants to win? I think perhaps having 2 losing seasons in 22 years, 2 Super Bowl titles, 5 straight playoff appearances has given some people a distorted view of what mediocrity is. MM was one of 10 head coaches hired in 2006. Only Sean Payton has been as successful. You know what mediocrity is? Check out the other 8.

Rod Marinelli
    Scott Linehan
    Herm Edwards
    Brad Childress
    Gary Kubiak
    Eric Mangini
    Dick Jauron
    Art Shell
    You and your pesky fact-thingies!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    To me it sounds kind of like a chicken or the egg thing...Stubby leaves the TE end to block and the TE gets destroyed and the running game stalls. Maybe if the TE is a guard or tackle the running game doesn't stall, again, especially on your own 1 yard line.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sense out of Stubby's decision to keep a TE in to block who obviously can't block. And if that TE is never targeted, or if he is and he can't make the play, then the whole idea of Richard Rogers being in the game is insane compared to an extra guard or tackle.
    It's not being argumentative, its fully worth figuring out. In most situations, at least in previous years, the TE was on the line or in the backfield only when required by pass rush numbers. Otherwise they went out into the pattern. So I think that is what he prefers to do.

Remember, this is the same HC who does not start chipping with TEs and RBs until the backup tackle demonstrates that he needs help.

This year he is hamstrung in two ways. First, he needed to help the backup tackle. Second, as you point out, his TEs are pedestrian at either blocking or catching.

If you wanted to run, it would seem ideal to stick another O line out there. However, given his history, the defense is going to react to that as run all the way, negating much of the advantage. They stick another guy in the box. With any TE, there is at least the threat of the pass and the D has to declare what it fears more. If Rodgers won't throw it to them, then you are correct, its doesn't help. But you know, right now, McCarthy is still planning on seeing TE production.

But PB, all the talk from Rodgers has been about how to get that second safety down in the box so the Packers can pass. Wouldn't sticking an extra tackle on the line force teams to bring a safety down, and then the pass would be open, no?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But PB, all the talk from Rodgers has been about how to get that second safety down in the box so the Packers can pass. Wouldn't sticking an extra tackle on the line force teams to bring a safety down, and then the pass would be open, no?
    It would, but you have removed a receiver (unless you are throwing to Jumbo Elliot in the end zone) from the equation so the benefit is neutralized to some degree. But it could still be to your benefit if you get a one on one matchup you want.

The bigger problem is that sometimes against a six man box, Lacy couldn't find a hole. That's why I think Starks should have come back in. They are two different runner and I am not giving up on Lacy at all, but Starks worked versus that defense.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I wish one of these other guys would dress down Rodgers after one of his copious mistakes. He sure seems unforgiving when he has had a garbage season riddled with more negatives than positives.

He seems like such an asshole. If we're being honest here, Rodgers is not playing like a top 15 quarterback right now. He certainly is not living up to his contract. Packers were 5-3 when he went out last year. Losing or barely squeaking by against good teams, and blowing out the really bad teams.

I'm so tired of announcers saying he's an X factor, an MVP candidate, etc. He's not even close right now. He is not anywhere near the same guy he was from when he initially became the starter to the 15-1 year.

I'm not trolling. He is not playing great. Doesn't seem nearly as evasive as he once did yet he holds the ball forever. The recipe is out on how to stop these guys. If a team can stop the run and keep safeties deep, they will severely limit the Packers offensively since they don't adjust.
    My favorite post from this thread. Fun to read some of this stuff after 5 straight wins.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston