Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
If the rookies aren't getting the hand signals right, better do something else that works.

Letting the play clock run down is ok, this version of the no-huddle is not the same as a hurry-up. Time taken on the line still prevents defensive substitutions. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what personnel the defense gets stuck with, they are still winning the matchups with the Packers. That is the biggest problem.

I'm not sure MM is too conservative, but with the OL a complete fail (as always, maybe this will be the 2x4 to get MM to fire Campen), and receivers not named Jordy sucking, he can't do a whole lot when backed up. I really wish they'd put back some old west-coast short timing passes.

If this offensive shit-fest isn't a 2x4 to the head, I don't know what would be.
I agree, especially with the short timing passes. However, does the OL give our RB enough time to release over the middle?

As far as being conservative, well Stubby's decision to come out and establish the run against Detroit's defense was either foolhardy or, as pbmax suggests, an attempt to avoid Rodgers getting run over by the pass rush. I tend to believe it's both and that is playing conservative, i.e., not playing to your strength.