Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Bears Week 4

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It was 4 cm from being a TD. It was a good chance to take.
    It looked to me that the TE didn't have control of the ball because he bobbled it and didn't get control until he was half a yard from the end zone.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It looked to me that the TE didn't have control of the ball because he bobbled it and didn't get control until he was half a yard from the end zone.
    From the one angle it did look like he was bobbling it as he reached across. If the ball crossed the goal line, he possibly didn't have possession of it at that time. Play stands as called was the correct call to make post review.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 33m33 minutes ago
    Packers formation-diverse vs. CHI. They'd run 11 personnel 76% thru 3 games, but went heavy 12 base & more WR wrinkles. Made a difference.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 30m30 minutes ago
    Second-quarter TD to Cobb came out of a two-slot WR package Packers used a few times. Created iso matchups vs. man coverage. Go figure!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jarad Allen reportedly lost 18 pounds with a bout of pneumonia:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-pneumonia/

While I'm not sorry the Packers missed facing him, that's some serious shit. As long as he gets the time to get back in shape, there should be no lasting effects.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Maybe. But consider an alternate scenario. I would bet you that loose ball control that was clearly over the line (plus control of ball when on the ground) would yield a TD call that would stand up to being reversed. Of course, I am probably forgetting about the rules section that covers this exact scenario that might render my argument moot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 5m5 minutes ago
    The #Packers' roster has stood at 52 players for 13 days now.

Maybe he's shopping for a DT.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 5m5 minutes ago
    The #Packers' roster has stood at 52 players for 13 days now.

Maybe he's shopping for a DT.
    Another sign of TT's cheapness

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Another sign of TT's cheapness
    He's waiting for double coupon day.

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/co...-high-coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Lions Game
    It is simple. In the NFL it is all about matchups. In the Detroit loss, the Lions defense started the game in a coverage that dared the Green Bay Packers to run the ball. The Lions used a Cover 2 defense with a mere six guys in the box to defend the run against the Packers (screen shot number 1).

The Packers seeing this, thought it would be the ideal defense to run against (it usually is based on math alone). First snap, hand the ball to Eddie Lacy, three yard gain. Second snap, hand the ball to Eddie Lacy again, fumble, Lions pick up the fumble and score a TD. The next series the Packers again ran the ball their first two plays without much success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears Game
    The Chicago Bears, on the other hand, didn’t have the same confidence in their defensive line devoid of the presence and toughness of Jared Allen, so they opted to utilize the single-high safety defense for the first part of the game (Screen Shot 2 below).

You know when Rodgers & Co. saw that single-high defense, they all began to smile ear to ear knowing very well their fortunes would change this week. They love that coverage because they know that can eat it up with timing routes like the slant-flat route combination that Jordy Neslon and Aaron Rodgers have mastered over the years ( third Screen shot).
    Solution? Skip the run (unless you want to run zone and put Starks in), put in Harris and throw it to middle of field and the flats.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/co...-high-coverage

Solution? Skip the run (unless you want to run zone and put Starks in), put in Harris and throw it to middle of field and the flats.

This was Mike Holmgren's running game, particularly his first few years in GB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This was Mike Holmgren's running game, particularly his first few years in GB.
    McCarthy's was 5 wide or 4 plus Finley. Not as easy an option this year. Someone has to step up. Last year, oddly enough, it was Boykin.

I don't understand why the Packers roster is at 52. Why didn't they call up Jumal Rolle and not lose him to Houston? I don't get. It's not to save a small chunk of salary, is it?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

They forgot. Fire Slocum!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't understand why the Packers roster is at 52. Why didn't they call up Jumal Rolle and not lose him to Houston? I don't get. It's not to save a small chunk of salary, is it?
    I haven't even seen speculation about why. My only guess is uncertainty about a current injury.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I haven't even seen speculation about why. My only guess is uncertainty about a current injury.
    They are relatively healthy, so there isn't much need to fill the spot with a guy who will be inactive every game anyway.
    As for Rolle, they have 6 healthy corners on the roster now, not much need for a 7th.

Besides, this will give them a roster spot to activate Tretter in a few weeks without having to release anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Besides, this will give them a roster spot to activate Tretter in a few weeks without having to release anyone.
    Good place to start the speculation, though it is early. I would also suspect there is no one they are convinced they need to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    They are relatively healthy, so there isn't much need to fill the spot with a guy who will be inactive every game anyway.
    As for Rolle, they have 6 healthy corners on the roster now, not much need for a 7th.

Pretty crazy that the whole defensive backfield is healthy! The 6th CB, Goodson, has he dressed yet? The Packers kept him, now at the expense of Rolle, who looked a lot better in the pre-season, I wonder what the plans are for bringing him along now that he's healthy.

We also haven't seen much of Richardson, who I thought would be on the field a lot more, but seems to be behind Burnett
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Makes little sense. It's saves a little bit of money, but doesn't reward guys on the practice squad. The Packers have a good reputation for building within, but this seems cheap. Why not call up Dorsey or White with Boykin out.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The 53rd spot is for Jesus.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The 53rd spot is for Jesus.

I think he's still playing college ball for Notre Dame.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack