Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Bears Week 4

More Banjo: @ Bears Week 4

Code:
    Stat		Packers	Bears
    RETURN YARDS	169	43
    End of the Devin Hester era. Might mean more Slocum.

Oof.

* Includes INT return yardage. But Packers still won ST return yardage battle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know Micah Hyde had OK kickoff returns. That is too conservative a call, IMO. Gotta be somebody faster on roster.

well those numbers are nice and deceiving

the real numbers.

neither team had a punt return

hyde had 2 returns for an average of 23 with a long of 25 (25,21)
    harris had one return for 20 yards

ross for the bears had 2 returns for a 21 yard average with a long of 22 (22,20)

they look pretty equally unimpressive to me

102 of those "return yards" were on int returns. nothing to do with slocum and his shit unit

and on the plus side, we had a FG blocked

Anybody else notice that after the Martellus Bennett non-TD, there was a penalty on the Bears that was supposed to have been assessed on the next kick-off?? It never was.

And yet, the damned Bears' fans will STILL piss and moan about how the ref's handed the game to GB......
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Anybody else notice that after the Martellus Bennett non-TD, there was a penalty on the Bears that was supposed to have been assessed on the next kick-off?? It never was.

And yet, the damned Bears' fans will STILL piss and moan about how the ref's handed the game to GB......
    lol

i remember the call but don't remember the kickoff

thanks for reminding us. was that at the end of the half?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    i didn't see where they kicked it off from after the half... but if i remember correctly, the kick was fielded at the 5 and not in the endzone... guess i just assumed they marked off the penalty yardage...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I thought it was marked correctly to start the 2nd half. Admittedly, I didn't look to hard but based on where the kick landed I figured it had been spotted 15 yards back.

First half penalties do not carry over to the second half. The ball should have been spotted at the 30 for the second-half kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I thought it was marked correctly to start the 2nd half. Admittedly, I didn't look to hard but based on where the kick landed I figured it had been spotted 15 yards back.
    That's what I thought. They caught it at the 5 and it was not a pop-up kick, and returned to the 30. It certainly seemed like they were kicking from farther back.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    First half penalties do not carry over to the second half. The ball should have been spotted at the 30 for the second-half kickoff.
    The ref explicitly said it would, and it makes sense to do so for dead ball fouls, otherwise you can get a free cheap-shot in at the end of a half.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    That's what I thought. They caught it at the 5 and it was not a pop-up kick, and returned to the 30. It certainly seemed like they were kicking from farther back.

The ref explicitly said it would, and it makes sense to do so for dead ball fouls, otherwise you can get a free cheap-shot in at the end of a half.
    From the ESPN play-by-play log: "R.Gould kicks 75 yards from CHI 20 to GB 5. M.Hyde to GB 30 for 25 yards (D.Hurst)."

So it appears they did enforce the penalty.

Have to say, the decision making by the Bears at the end of the first half was awful. I can't believe they tried to run a play with 9 seconds on the clock instead of taking the FG. Until then, they had scored on every possession. They were behind because the Pack scored TDs while one of their scores was a FG, but not getting those points ratcheted up the pressure on their offense.

They were running at will against the Pack's D, and if they'd scored they could've waited for the Packers to make a mistake instead of botching it themselves.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I dunno -- it was aggressive, which you want. I think Trestman saw Rodgers was on fire and GB was getting the ball for the 2nd half KO, so he knew it would be tough to keep pace, especially with FG's.

I have more issue with the execution -- if Bennett doesn't flatten his route it's a TD. Plus, Cutler has giants in Marshall and Jeffries; so it's not like he doesn't have other RZ weapons to target.

Yup, my bad, the only dead-ball PFs that don't carry over to second half are unsportsmanlike and taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Have to say, the decision making by the Bears at the end of the first half was awful. I can't believe they tried to run a play with 9 seconds on the clock instead of taking the FG. Until then, they had scored on every possession. They were behind because the Pack scored TDs while one of their scores was a FG, but not getting those points ratcheted up the pressure on their offense.

They were running at will against the Pack's D, and if they'd scored they could've waited for the Packers to make a mistake instead of botching it themselves.
    The decision was standard. There is enough time to take a shot and still get a field goal. Tresseman would have been called a pussy if he didn't take a shot, and rightly so. The TE fucked up by not taking is route deeper into the endzone before coming back for the ball.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I know Micah Hyde had OK kickoff returns. That is too conservative a call, IMO. Gotta be somebody faster on roster.
    Hyde sucks on defense also. On the Bennett non-TD, Hyde just stood around looking like an idiot instead of covering Bennett. Also missed more tackles in the game than Darren Sharper did in 19 games as a rookie.

The decision was standard. There is enough time to take a shot and still get a field goal. Tresseman would have been called a pussy if he didn't take a shot, and rightly so. The TE fucked up by not taking is route deeper into the endzone before coming back for the ball.
    With 9 seconds, he was more than taking his chances, especially with the call he made.

A pass to the back corner of the endzone I could understand, but over the middle to the TE? Tackled in the field of play, those 9 seconds went away pretty quickly.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    With 9 seconds, he was more than taking his chances, especially with the call he made.

A pass to the back corner of the endzone I could understand, but over the middle to the TE? Tackled in the field of play, those 9 seconds went away pretty quickly.
    The TE flattened the route. It was supposed to go into the endzone before coming back a little. Nothing wrong with throwing to an open TE in the endzone, even if it is over the middle. Given the situation, the back corner is going to be really hard to get open, so the middle is a good bet. The TE fucked up, plain and simple. I can't fault Cutler because from his position he couldn't tell the difference. (Yeesh I'm defending Cutler, that has to be a sign of the apocalypse.) If the TE goes 1-2 yards deeper like he was supposed to, we're spending today bitching about the coverage and not the decision.

The TE flattened the route. It was supposed to go into the endzone before coming back a little. Nothing wrong with throwing to an open TE in the endzone, even if it is over the middle. Given the situation, the back corner is going to be really hard to get open, so the middle is a good bet. The TE fucked up, plain and simple. I can't fault Cutler because from his position he couldn't tell the difference. (Yeesh I'm defending Cutler, that has to be a sign of the apocalypse.) If the TE goes 1-2 yards deeper like he was supposed to, we're spending today bitching about the coverage and not the decision.
    For sure. D allowed the completion, and there is a 50-50 chance he did actually score. Dude's got long arms, and reached for the goal line. Luckily, Hyde was blocking the camera view, so the review amounted to nothing, and the call on the field stood!

I'm not sure if he flattened his route, or if there was coverage where he wanted to be, would have to watch again.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I dunno -- it was aggressive, which you want. I think Trestman saw Rodgers was on fire and GB was getting the ball for the 2nd half KO, so he knew it would be tough to keep pace, especially with FG's.

I have more issue with the execution -- if Bennett doesn't flatten his route it's a TD. Plus, Cutler has giants in Marshall and Jeffries; so it's not like he doesn't have other RZ weapons to target.
    This. All day. That series + the onsides kick was Trestman doing what M3 does when the Packers D can't stop the other team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

It was 4 cm from being a TD. It was a good chance to take.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.