Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pimps & Hoes- Bears, Act 1

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think the "head case" thing with Cutler is totally a media creation. He looks droopy, has a dour affect. That's what you see on TV, that's the only odd thing about the guy. He's resourceful and tough. He does throw some Favresque picks.

I respect his toughness. He clearly does not give a damn what anybody thinks about him, he doesn't do the usual phony talk in interviews. The guy is a type I diabetic who has to shoot insulin everyday, that is a pretty major health problem for an athlete to overcome. His teammates, the people who know what he is actually like, back him to hilt.
    He throws INTs in bunches.

So I hear that Nick Perry was pretty invisible against the Bears, that Pennel was only a slight upgrade over Guion, and that House sucked?

And is Casey Hayward still invisible? Dude hasn't done shit yet.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So I hear that Nick Perry was pretty invisible against the Bears, that Pennel was only a slight upgrade over Guion, and that House sucked?

As mentioned by someone else, Hayward being invisible is a good thing. If he was on the field, his man was not getting targeted and he didn't get beat for a big completion. House, who you did hear about, is the concern. I'll give him a pass for falling on his ass in the endzone allowing a TD, (there were a lot of players falling all over the place) but he was at the center of a couple of other big plays.

Overall, I'm not concerned about the secondary. It was Forte getting 7 yards on first down that worries me.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries

Perry played a bit. Overall, it was disappointing that he made little contribution. We needed him to play well to give Claymat a break with Clay's groin acting up. He played a bit and actually had a few strong pass rushes, but he really isn't delivering the goods.

Pennel is strong, but way green. He must learn how to be violent with his hands. He gets caught up in hand fighting with his opponent and can't get off the line. He might be a factor sometime, but probably not this season. We will probably have to give him more snaps bc Guion is no factor, either.

House showed some hustle, but I think it was on ST.

Hayward? Where did that kid go anyhow?

http://media.sportsradio1250.com/a/9...?pageid=911297

Eric Baranczyk breaks down defense
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 09-30-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Baranczyk really taking Clay Matthews to task for being undisciplined in the run defense.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

You mean, "Defense Breaks down: Eric Baranczyk"

He's either taking Matthews to task for playing out of control, or he's taking Capers and MM to task for encouraging Matthews to freelance.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Baranczyk really taking Clay Matthews to task for being undisciplined in the run defense.
    He has been horrible in the 4-3. I think this may be trouble down the road if they stick with this plan. I don't think Clay is excited about being it the middle. He may not choose to adapt and simply prefer to return outside.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, so far this 4-3 ain't working, so they either get Matthews to buy in and play it right, or they ditch the damn thing.

KYPack

Well, so far this 4-3 ain't working, so they either get Matthews to buy in and play it right, or they ditch the damn thing.
    They've gotten better vs the pass, so there's that.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has been horrible in the 4-3. I think this may be trouble down the road if they stick with this plan. I don't think Clay is excited about being it the middle. He may not choose to adapt and simply prefer to return outside.
    Are you suggesting the almighty Clay isn't a team player? I still think he's over rated and over payed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Are you suggesting the almighty Clay isn't a team player? I still think he's over rated and over payed.
    He has never been tested like this. And I don't believe we can discern a players actual personality or character through media coverage. I have no idea how he will react. Unlike Kampman, he can't be one and done.

However, the more likely scenario is that the Packers play him more at OLB/Elephant than force it. If for no other reason than Peppers isn't going to be hear for the length of CMIII's contract. And I still think the Packers and the coaches value him more than you might and will want him to be in a position to succeed if he continues to struggle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.