Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pimps & Hoes- Bears, Act 1

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Studs: AR, Nelson, Pass Protection, Mastay

Duds: Lacy, Lacy, Lacy, Defensive front 7, MM, Slocum, Brad Jones, House, basically the entire defense except for maybe 3 plays which is usually enough against Cutler if AR is on.

Terrible game for the Pack on Defense. Just bad. I know mid season trades are not the norm but we need NFL Caliber block eaters. This front 7 is terrible. CMIII is playing and looking hurt, Peppers is getting better at the stand up position and I liked Lattimore actually playing down hill SOME plays. Hawk looked terrible except when his helmet fell of 37.6 times this game, get a damn chin strap sloth.

Offense was AR throwing the ball and Jordy making plays. Cobb had a big game but missed a pass in the redzone that he should have caught. Lacy is pathetic when he tries to dance, on cut and hit the freaking hole! Starks needs the looks here in my opinion. He isnt getting the looks so he must have kicked MMs dog or something. Adams looked passable, R2 looked ok as a TE but needs time.

Refs: WHAT THE HELL. Seriously I think we came out on top of the phantom calls however they were worse than the replacement guys. Did they have a couple of pitchers in the parking lot before the game?

In the battle of two middling teams we out middled the Bears. I have no doubt the Vikes can route the Pack next week with Asiata and McKinnon against our girlscouts in the middle.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

I disagree that he can't catch the football, he's passable.
    Lacy doesn't seem to run any routes other than that 2 yards up the middle route after chipping a defender. He's slow after the catch. Like Kuhn, Lacy doesn't scare any MLB as a receiver.

With Harris, it's eight yards a pop at minimum. Harris would make a good 3rd down back, a la Sproles.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Studs: AR, Nelson, Pass Protection, Mastay

Duds: Lacy, Lacy, Lacy, Defensive front 7, MM, Slocum, Brad Jones, House, basically the entire defense except for maybe 3 plays which is usually enough against Cutler if AR is on.

Terrible game for the Pack on Defense. Just bad. I know mid season trades are not the norm but we need NFL Caliber block eaters. This front 7 is terrible. CMIII is playing and looking hurt, Peppers is getting better at the stand up position and I liked Lattimore actually playing down hill SOME plays. Hawk looked terrible except when his helmet fell of 37.6 times this game, get a damn chin strap sloth.

Offense was AR throwing the ball and Jordy making plays. Cobb had a big game but missed a pass in the redzone that he should have caught. Lacy is pathetic when he tries to dance, on cut and hit the freaking hole! Starks needs the looks here in my opinion. He isnt getting the looks so he must have kicked MMs dog or something. Adams looked passable, R2 looked ok as a TE but needs time.

Refs: WHAT THE HELL. Seriously I think we came out on top of the phantom calls however they were worse than the replacement guys. Did they have a couple of pitchers in the parking lot before the game?

In the battle of two middling teams we out middled the Bears. I have no doubt the Vikes can route the Pack next week with Asiata and McKinnon against our girlscouts in the middle.
    Masthay a pimp, err, stud? All he did was hold for fgs/pats.

I think the Packers need an awesome ILB more than they need a fat, block eater.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Ray Lewis was considered on his way down until Ngata was drafted and started eating blockers.

Mathay was a Stud since he DIDN'T have to punt, tongue and cheek there, I also Blamed Brad Jones
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Rat Starter
    Ray Lewis was considered on his way down until Ngata was drafted and started eating blockers.

Mathay was a Stud since he DIDN'T have to punt, tongue and cheek there, I also Blamed Brad Jones
    Urlacher never had a Ngata, and he was awesome.

I subscribe to the theory that any competent fat man could eat blocks. An awesome ILB like Urlacher, Willis and that guy in Carolina would make any defense fierce to the bone.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Urlacher never had a Ngata, and he was awesome.

I subscribe to the theory that any competent fat man could eat blocks. An awesome ILB like Urlacher, Willis and that guy in Carolina would make any defense fierce to the bone.
    Im not going to look it up but always seemed to me that the Bears had a solid front 4.

Im not going to look it up but always seemed to me that the Bears had a solid front 4.
    Peppers, Tommie Harris, Adams, Idonije. No group of slouches.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Hopefully the offense continues shaking off their rust. The offense only looks like its running about about 70% right now, despite what the scoreboard says. If the Bears aren't shooting themselves in the foot with a chain fed weapon of incompetence, this is a close game. With some help from the refs, the bears consistently found ways to bail us out.

Rodgers and Jordy were studs. I appreciate a guy who catches nothing but TD's but I didn't think that guy would be Cobb. I'd still like to see him more involved, breaking tackles, and not leaving plays on the field. It may seem like a harsh evaluation but I think his play still seems like one of the most likely ways for this team to improve. This week was a big improvment for him but he's got a lot more potential IMO.

Lacy's performance is disappointing but I don't think the problem is with his conditioning or his fear of injury. I'd like to see how many yards he has after first contact, he's hit way too often in the backfield and has to bounce things outside that aren't designed to go outside. A lot of the success he's had are in designed cutbacks. He looks like a giant Brandon Jackson right now, both the good and the bad. He's completely displaced Kuhn as a pass blocker. I need to watch the all-22 to get some different angles.

I'm surprised to see as many laments for the defense. You'd never guess it from just watching the Bears/Packers matchups but the Bears have what is widely considered a great offense. Easily the best we've faced. Our defense took advantage of every mistake they made and I was extremely impressed with their performance holding Chicago to a field goal in the beginning of the 2nd quarter. I don't think anybody thought Chicago wasn't getting into the endzone after that PI call led to first and goal at the 1. It took 5 good plays to make that stand against a team with two enormous top 10 WR and a top 5 RB. I understand its frustrating to watch them put Bennett and Forte into the probowl but the stat that matters is points and the Packers held this offense to well below its average PPG.

Tramon Williams is having a great year and we have an embarrassment of riches at corner in general. Datone Jones looks better each week, I'm starting to see why he was a first round pick.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

3irty1, do you really think the Bears offense is better than Seattle's?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    3irty1, do you really think the Bears offense is better than Seattle's?
    Yes.

After Denver, the Bears were secretly a distant 2nd in the league in points last year despite Cutler missing 5 games. Most Packer fans have a very skewed picture of Jay Cutler because Capers has always had Cutler's number. The rest of the world thinks enough of him to give him the 6th best MVP odds in Vegas, tied with Kaepernick and Wilson. The rest of that offense speaks for itself. Its the best WR tandem in football and also a top 5 running back. They are clearly much better than Seattle's offense.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Jay's not bad, but you're not going to win the SB with just him. He's a headcase and benefits from the rules of today.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CutlJa00.htm

58-50 as a starter, but Trestman looks to have him going in the right direction. Maybe he'll figure it out late in his career. I doubt it. He'll put up numbers, but make the crucial mistake.

Tauscher mentioned yesterday that maybe Lacy is affected by the fact that the Packers are using the shotgun so much. I think what he was referring to is that he is sometimes almost stationary when he takes the handoff because he is lining up so close to Rodgers. Does Lacy because he's heavier than the other backs need the momentum he gets from taking a couple of steps before he takes the handoff?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tauscher mentioned yesterday that maybe Lacy is affected by the fact that the Packers are using the shotgun so much. I think what he was referring to is that he is sometimes almost stationary when he takes the handoff because he is lining up so close to Rodgers. Does Lacy because he's heavier than the other backs need the momentum he gets from taking a couple of steps before he takes the handoff?
    I really do think that's a big part of it, of course this would be stubby not using him properly. But that shouldn't be a surprise since it seems to be this coaching staffs way to never flex the scheme to the talent of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Jay's not bad, but you're not going to win the SB with just him. He's a headcase and benefits from the rules of today.
    I think the "head case" thing with Cutler is totally a media creation. He looks droopy, has a dour affect. That's what you see on TV, that's the only odd thing about the guy. He's resourceful and tough. He does throw some Favresque picks.

I respect his toughness. He clearly does not give a damn what anybody thinks about him, he doesn't do the usual phony talk in interviews. The guy is a type I diabetic who has to shoot insulin everyday, that is a pretty major health problem for an athlete to overcome. His teammates, the people who know what he is actually like, back him to hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think the "head case" thing with Cutler is totally a media creation. He looks droopy, has a dour affect. That's what you see on TV, that's the only odd thing about the guy. He's resourceful and tough. He does throw some Favresque picks.

I respect his toughness. He clearly does not give a damn what anybody thinks about him, he doesn't do the usual phony talk in interviews. The guy is a type I diabetic who has to shoot insulin everyday, that is a pretty major health problem for an athlete to overcome. His teammates, the people who know what he is actually like, back him to hilt.
    That's crazy talk HH. He's a bear, dammit! Get your head straight, or next thing you'll be talking about what a great human being Urlacher is!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

MAdtown might suspend my account.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    I have to agree with Mission and was thinking the same thing about Lacy. He looked all world in the pre-season. The only thing that I can think of is the concussion? Is he playing scared at this point? You don't get in WORSE shape after pre-season and he looked great then.
    It is difficult for Lacy to look good when he is greeted by tacklers behind the LOS. MM is using him incorrectly. Don't toss him the rock 4 yards behind the LOS out of the shotgun and instead put Kuhn or a TE in there and let Eddie get into the secondary and knock some heads. IMO the O line has been very poor run blocking so far this season. Lacy is running hard but has no hole to shoot thru.
    Last edited by Pugger; 09-29-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Yes.

After Denver, the Bears were secretly a distant 2nd in the league in points last year despite Cutler missing 5 games. Most Packer fans have a very skewed picture of Jay Cutler because Capers has always had Cutler's number. The rest of the world thinks enough of him to give him the 6th best MVP odds in Vegas, tied with Kaepernick and Wilson. The rest of that offense speaks for itself. Its the best WR tandem in football and also a top 5 running back. They are clearly much better than Seattle's offense.
    Forte is an excellent back, their TE is no slouch and they have arguably the best WR duo in the league. Happily they still have Cutlet. Jay has a strong arm but all of his talents are from the neck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    IMO the O line has been very poor run blocking so far this season. Lacy is running hard but has no hole to shoot thru.
    When Starks gets 0 carries it is hard to say.

Last week Starks looked better than Lacy.

We'll see Thursday! Thursday! Thursday!