Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Endzone celebrations

Endzone celebrations

Last night, a chiefs running back was penalized for dropping to his knees after scoring. I thought that was stupid. Now today I see the NFL say penalty is wrong, it is ok to drop to your knees if you are praying.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/sp...a-mistake.html

This takes the cake. Let the lads celebrate any way they want. I'm OK with sharpie pens too, that was damn funny.

Nick Collins got flagged in the SB for the same thing. Nothing new here.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Last night, a chiefs running back was penalized for dropping to his knees after scoring. I thought that was stupid. Now today I see the NFL say penalty is wrong, it is ok to drop to your knees if you are praying.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/sp...a-mistake.html

This takes the cake. Let the lads celebrate any way they want. I'm OK with sharpie pens too, that was damn funny.
    It was actually ex-Vikings great, Husian Abdullah - a saftey.

Upon seeing the celebration, Texaspackerbacker immediately called Homeland Security.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Nick Collins got flagged in the SB for the same thing. Nothing new here.
    I know this issue is stale. But I remain pissed off every time a flag is thrown.

If a player wants to whip his dick out and ejaculate to fertility goddess, I say pray away.

Honestly, both the college and pro game have gone overboard trying to define good and bad happiness. I am OK with the taunting rule, but other than that, just move on.

The NFL profits from the endzone dances, it increases appeal of game. They even have greeatest hits video at their web site. So why get all weird with the rules?

ps. why is jumping in the stands an ok celebration?

It was grand fathered in when they created the new rule. It's OK for Packers in Lambeau only.

Because the stands are not part of the playing field, and the rule is only applicable to the playing field. If the player wants to jump into the stands and shake hands with the bishop amidst the crowd, that would be ok with Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    It was grand fathered in when they created the new rule. It's OK for Packers in Lambeau only.
    No, you see it copied by other players in other stadiums.

The NFL profits from the endzone dances, it increases appeal of game. They even have greeatest hits video at their web site. So why get all weird with the rules?
    They got beyond ridiculous. Annoying enough that the NFL was not profiting from them. If players want to do choreographed moves, they should go on Dancing with the Stars.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Was Tebow ever flagged for dropping to his knee and "Tebowing"?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

This may not be popular here but there are rules for 31 teams to follow. It seems some don't apply to Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They got beyond ridiculous. Annoying enough that the NFL was not profiting from them. If players want to do choreographed moves, they should go on Dancing with the Stars.
    Really? The choreography was too much? I don't ever remember being annoyed by any celebration. I loved Randy Walker's moon over Lambeau. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

Why not add more choreography? The cheerleaders should be added to show. Fuck the extra points, now there's some boring choreography. Go take a piss or get a beer after the touchdown. Football on TV is entertainment, why not add something.

Here's some dated song that some NFL teams should be able to work with. They should play different songs after touchdowns that the players have worked out routine for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    This may not be popular here but there are rules for 31 teams to follow. It seems some don't apply to Green Bay.
    If Jennings scores a TD Thursday, we'll let him try a Lambeau Leap.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Personally, I'm all for the celebrations. Screw it, what harm is there?

So what rules specifically would those be?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Fuck him.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shut your trap with that injustice bullshit. In this world some get different treatment than others. I have gotten use to it. So should you silly cracka.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Shut your trap with that injustice bullshit. In this world some get different treatment than others. I have gotten use to it. So should you silly cracka.
    Someone needs a fucking hug, or something.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The disgusting, lowdown, std riddled puke who started this thread is right. Let them do shit, crazy shit even. If the other teams doesn't like, well don't let the opponent score. It's just like Harlan, you don't want to feel like shit then don't have anything to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Was Tebow ever flagged for dropping to his knee and "Tebowing"?
    Tebowing has inspired an entire genre of girlie pics on internet. The lord works in mysterious ways.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/01/14...35531-135570-2

haven't seen this one for a very long time, maybe it is played.