Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Endzone celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    The disgusting, lowdown, std riddled puke who started this thread is right. Let them do shit, crazy shit even. If the other teams doesn't like, well don't let the opponent score. It's just like Harlan, you don't want to feel like shit then don't have anything to do with him.
    Maybe two hugs.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    haven't seen this one for a very long time, maybe it is played.

Stephen Tulloch did the discount double check after sacking Rodgers and then tore his ACL subsequently. I tried not to LOL, but I couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Personally, I'm all for the celebrations. Screw it, what harm is there?

So what rules specifically would those be?

Well I can come up with three off the bat since you asked....

1) There are strict ownership rules in the NFL which every team has to follow. They bent them for the Steelers so really it's 30 teams that are FORCED to follow those rules,,,,the Steelers get to bend them Green Bay gets to shatter them.

2) I read a couple years back a few teams asked if they could print out certificates and sell them to raise money. They were told "no". It's a Packer thing. Now GB doesn't get to do it whenever they want, they have to ask the league who seems to promptly say "sure!". They may have been denied in the past as I didn't check.

3) Now the subject of this thread. They passed a rule and the first thing they did was grandfather in GB because as I originally stated rules are for others....

Allow the celebrations, I say. The hell with any sense of decorum.

It would've been funny to see, back when Brent was QB'ing for the Jets, an opposing player scoring a touchdown, then pretending to take a dic-pic in the endzone. Or the Christian players kneeling and praying. Or the Muslim players kneeling to the east, crowns of the helmets touching the ground.

I say give the players about thirty seconds to celebrate any which way, then cut it off. Any celebrating after that, a big penalty.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Allow the celebrations, I say. The hell with any sense of decorum.

It would've been funny to see, back when Brent was QB'ing for the Jets, an opposing player scoring a touchdown, then pretending to take a dic-pic in the endzone. Or the Christian players kneeling and praying. Or the Muslim players kneeling to the east, crowns of the helmets touching the ground.

I say give the players about thirty seconds to celebrate any which way, then cut it off. Any celebrating after that, a big penalty.
    lol, like academy award speeches, except instead of turning on the music, the cheerleaders will come out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    back when Brent was QB'ing for the Jets, an opposing player scoring a touchdown, then pretending to take a dic-pic in the endzone.
    Inspired! The Jets cheerleaders could be behind the guy as backup singers, swooning and mugging. Lets do this.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Well I can come up with three off the bat since you asked....

1) There are strict ownership rules in the NFL which every team has to follow. They bent them for the Steelers so really it's 30 teams that are FORCED to follow those rules,,,,the Steelers get to bend them Green Bay gets to shatter them.

2) I read a couple years back a few teams asked if they could print out certificates and sell them to raise money. They were told "no". It's a Packer thing. Now GB doesn't get to do it whenever they want, they have to ask the league who seems to promptly say "sure!". They may have been denied in the past as I didn't check.

3) Now the subject of this thread. They passed a rule and the first thing they did was grandfather in GB because as I originally stated rules are for others....

1 - GB Ownership structure was in place in 1921, before the NFL was in existance. In 1983 the NFL made things official as to how ownership of teams was to be. So that was 60 years of an ownership model that was perfectly acceptable. Then the NFL decided that they didn't like it. If more cities were allowed to own teams, the investments made by owners of existing franchises would be devalued. Eventually, owners came to realize that the Packers model threatened the league structure - they did not want to have the value of their franchise tied to city-run teams. That's not so much good for money making for the NFL. Besides, what good would it be for the NFL if they couldn't blackmail cities to build them shiny new stadiums if the teams couldn't threaten to move with a ownership model that was beneficial only to the league? So no rule breaking here.

2 - It's part of the ownership structure of the Packers. Goes back to point #1. So again no rule breaking here.

3 - Everybody can celebrate how the Packers do. The rule states that only one player can jump into the stands. There's no specific "Only the Green Bay Packers can do this" in the rule book. So yet again, no rule breaking.

Feel free to keep up the conspiracy theory that the NFL prizes the Packers over the rest of the NFL and that the Vikings are intentionally punished and victimized by the league. It's a common and endearing quality of Viking fans.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    conspiracy theory that the NFL prizes the Packers over the rest of the NFL
    you mean they don't?

Craig, he is just giving you grief. Just like you want to mention the Love Boat.

But the proper response is not to debate the finer points of corporate governance. Its to count Super Bowls.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Craig, he is just giving you grief. Just like you want to mention the Love Boat.

But the proper response is not to debate the finer points of corporate governance. Its to count Super Bowls.
    Low blow Low blow!

Fuck the celebrations. Act like you've been there before
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Inspired! The Jets cheerleaders could be behind the guy as backup singers, swooning and mugging. Lets do this.
    I see a business opportunity - a company that creates and develops end-zone routines for clients.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Jimx29 View Post

I saw Jim Brown on NFL network talking to some player a few years ago. Rich Eisen asked about the No Fun League.....the player said guys were just expressing themselves. Old Jim said something like "No reason for all the bufoonery, grown man should act like one" or something like that. Was funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimx29 View Post
    What if you play for the Browns or Jaguars and you haven't been there before?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Old Jim said something like "No reason for all the bufoonery, grown man should act like one" or something like that. Was funny as hell.
    Old Jim had a lifetime habit of beating up women. He went to prison in his 60s for threatening the life of a woman, and he's the guy talking about how "grown men" should act?

Sure, Jim Brown and Adrian Peterson are stoic guys who hand the ball to the ref. Big deal. I'll take a grown man who's not afraid to shake it.

I saw Jim Brown on NFL network talking to some player a few years ago. Rich Eisen asked about the No Fun League.....the player said guys were just expressing themselves. Old Jim said something like "No reason for all the bufoonery, grown man should act like one" or something like that. Was funny as hell.
    I wonder if he ever did a dance because he was getting cold cuts? I'd guess no...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...