Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dumb ideas

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Dumb idea... Have Hawk and Lattimore play closer than 6 yards from the LOS.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    Well, the Peppers INT return for a TD confirms the brilliance of 31's idea to use the big fella as a redzone terror TE. Simply awesome.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Well, the Peppers INT return for a TD confirms the brilliance of 31's idea to use the big fella as a redzone terror TE. Simply awesome.
    Anyone a physicist here? I wanna know why and how Peppers outran #84 and his 4.3 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Anyone a physicist here? I wanna know why and how Peppers outran #84 and his 4.3 speed.
    Not a physicist, but 84 had further to travel, so even faster might not have been enough.

Peppers had a truly deep LB pass drop. He is a freak.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not a physicist, but 84 had further to travel, so even faster might not have been enough.

Good explanation.

I saw 84, and I immediately thought of Randy Moss. Moss tackles when he wants to tackle.

Watching the clip provided noodle mutiple times, it looked like Patterson did put a lot of effort in trying to chase down Pep. I am glad Pep scored.

Dumbest idea:

Tyrion Lannister's doing the winners and losers thread.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Peppers even got to do a mini Walter Payton high step there.

Watch Mathews on the return, he starts out going back, realizes Peppers has almost reached him, turns around and stumbles, then does a good job of getting in the way of 2 guys.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Watch Mathews on the return, he starts out going back, realizes Peppers has almost reached him, turns around and stumbles, then does a good job of getting in the way of 2 guys.
    I wonder if Julius' speed surprised Clay there?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I kept hearing how RB McKinnon is such a speed demon and he never would have caught Peppers. Lattimore blocked him but at that point McKinnon was trying for a diving tackle as he knew he couldn't catch him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Just think how effective zone defense would be if all linebackers were 6' 7" tall.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I kept hearing how RB McKinnon is such a speed demon and he never would have caught Peppers. Lattimore blocked him but at that point McKinnon was trying for a diving tackle as he knew he couldn't catch him.
    Peppers was a man possessed and was not going to be stopped on that return. Watching it again, he also made a nice juke on the guard, Ducasse on his way by him.

The laws of physics were bent by a surge of adrenaline!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm really digging me some Lattimore.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    To get Lacy going, let use the toss sweep more. Just handing the ball off to him going wide isn't doing the trick. If MM adds a toss to the equation, it just might work.
    I wish they'd toss that play out the window.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I watched this replay with a zoomed out shot and 84 wasn't running hard at first. It looks like he assumes his teammates will get to J. Pep first but when CM3 set the edge then 84 tried to get to the corner but was too late!...

Love me some J. Pep! The freak part deux! (after Javon Kearse in TN)
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    McCarthy jokes (seemingly) about using Julius Peppers in Packers' offense

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ackers-offense
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Which begs the question: Is Peppers more valuable as a defensive or offensive player, considering our woeful TE situation and the fact we're deep at LB?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Which begs the question: Is Peppers more valuable as a defensive or offensive player, considering our woeful TE situation and the fact we're deep at LB?
    Just for grins, I was looking at salaries by position. DE is second only to QB in average salary. TE is the cheapest position player on field. (Figures from 2013, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-nfl-position/)

DE $2.6M
    LB $1.8M
    TE $560K