Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Vikings Discussion Thread Week 5

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Are you talking about the Bears game?

1st quarter 1:19, 3rd and 1. Bears go no huddle, Packers are in the "4-3" or 2-5 if you prefer. Forte goes off right tackle and stuffed by Burnett for no gain.

Next play 4th and 1 is the Cutler fumble and run. Packers are in a 4-3 (2-5) again with Burnett playing up for an 8 man box. Neal and Daniels quit on the play after being ridden to the side, are flat footed waiting for the whistle as Cutler picks it up and runs past them. Everyone else in coverage and thank god because he could have thrown and easy TD.

2nd Quarter, same drive there are a bunch of X and goal plays from the 1 during our kick ass goal line stand.

Later in 2nd quarter at 5:56, 2nd and 1. Forte stuffed for no gain.

Next play 3rd and 1, Bears go big bringing in an extra lineman. Packers go 4-3 with Burnett up in the box. 4 yard gain by forte.

3rd quarter at 8:19, 3rd and 1 is the QB sneak for 2.

I'm going to stop here because after this point is both ints and the game gets considerably less competitive. Plus I must have the wrong game because I didn't see any of what you're talking about.
    You and Max... Dom's ur guy - 176 yds/game on the ground is a fine trade off... wonder why no other DC in the history of the game ever came to that conclusion?? It's so obvious, it's brilliant!!!
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You and Max... Dom's ur guy - 176 yds/game on the ground is a fine trade off... wonder why no other DC in the history of the game ever came to that conclusion?? It's so obvious, it's brilliant!!!
    I'll take 500 yards on the ground if it means only 17 points.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I'll take 500 yards on the ground if it means only 17 points.
    One of McCarthy's key metrics is explosive play differential. The last 2 games illustrate why.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wow... I truly live in an insane world - where getting run over like little sissies is actually considered good defense, lol.

More is less, War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, and 2+2=5
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    One of McCarthy's key metrics is explosive play differential. The last 2 games illustrate why.
    If you look at the stats of the Bears game, it's pretty obvious what the plan was: Don't let Brandon Marshall and Jeffery beat you. You take those guys away, and Cutler is average at best. So most of the yards went to Forte and Bennett. It's not that they wouldn't have liked to do a better job against those guys, but they knew Forte couldn't beat them.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Hey now, it's down to 163/game after last night. Let's stay up to date here.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If you look at the stats of the Bears game, it's pretty obvious what the plan was: Don't let Brandon Marshall and Jeffery beat you. You take those guys away, and Cutler is average at best. So most of the yards went to Forte and Bennett. It's not that they wouldn't have liked to do a better job against those guys, but they knew Forte couldn't beat them.
    Pack took away Marshall for sure, Forte was doing a number on them until Cutler 'took control of the game' by forcing a few balls.

What worries me a bit is when it goes the other way. Detroit said they focused on Nelson, they shut him down and the Pack's O floundered. We like to think the other weapons in this O prevent that from happening, but last night was the only time we've seen it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Pack took away Marshall for sure, Forte was doing a number on them until Cutler 'took control of the game' by forcing a few balls.

What worries me a bit is when it goes the other way. Detroit said they focused on Nelson, they shut him down and the Pack's O floundered. We like to think the other weapons in this O prevent that from happening, but last night was the only time we've seen it.
    This is where I'm at too. Last night was pretty crappy conditions for footwork which honestly is probably more conducive for big plays since shit happens, guys slip or fall, and its just generally tougher to play tight defense against a well timed passing attack. Lacy doing that kind of damage with only 13 carries is going to make this offense sing everytime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

They dropped a lot of balls vs Detroit. Heck, if Cobb catches that pass up the sideline that dropped in the bucket, the game might look totally different.

It was nice to see that Greg Jennings is enjoying his retirement in Minnesota.

Money well spent Ziggy!
    --

I wonder if his sister is happy.

Lets review her thoughts for old times sake:

Aaron Rodgers come on u had GJ for the TD twice. Get him the [ball emoji] geez!!!!!
    Why was that ball under thrown like that, he was wide open make the throw for the receiver!!! Geeez!!
    My God Aaron Rodgers holds the ball forever! GJ was wide open 5x for that touchdown! Goodness he acts like he doesn't want to throw to him[yelly face emoji]
    GJ is the only receiver that has to jump in the air with both hands up to get the [ball emoji]!!! It's ridiculous I pray he departs GB ASAP!
    Aaron Rodgers smh! Had him in the slot wide open no one even covered him! Where is Peyton Manning when u need him! This is utterly pathetic
    @Da_mrs_85 Eb, Cortney, and Jahlin. We are hot Mad! I've never seen a star receiver ever go through this smh! @GregJennings needs to bounce[yelly face emoji]
    It is so obvious that @GregJennings is being blatantly ignored by ARod. Maybe @ halftime GJ should put on #18 then ARod will force [ball emoji] to him!
    Who can make a play @GregJennings can! He's the best freakin receiver these clowns got! Now take your talents to south beach & get paid![sack of money emoji][dollar bill emoji]
    @GregJennings ball out so you can leave this team! They will miss u when your gone! It's all good bye packers! Cheap team, can't afford him
    @Da_mrs_85 I don't freakin care he should have more catches, if this idiot could see the coverage!![yelly face emoji] Then he holds on to the ball & fumbles!
    ARod is the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!

Isn't she a babe though?? Babes can say anything they want and get away with it... after they screw ya over, they smile and act coy - you're right back to heel
    wist

Found this picture of Clay Matthew sister... couldn't find one of Greg Jennings yet though

wist

I also found this

And then I found this which is also fun.

That was something, wasn't it? What could possibly have been going through her head...
    --

What's funny is that Jennings had a huge statistical game in that one. He had 8 catches for 120 yards and 2 TDs. With the Vikings he's had 5 TDs in 21 games. He's surpassed 7 receptions just once. He has one 100 yard game.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson