Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starks & Lannisters - Vikings, Act I

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    In the first half, prior to garbage time, Minnesota won TOP 17:32 to 12:58. The Queens ran 38 offensive plays to the Pack's 26. Moreover, the Pack's 3rd down efficiency was 1 for 6 or 17%.
    38 plays for barely over 100 yards and 3 turnovers. The Packers only needed one long drive to score 28 points. One drive they had a 66 yard bomb. One was an interception return for TD. One was a short drive after an interception. Hard to complain about TOP.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Studs:
    OL - almost like clockwork, after the first 4 games the OL stops sucking donkey dick
    Lacy - ran like he was running last year.
    Guion - Played like he was pissed off at MN (which he was). Somebody needs to tell him each week that the opponent has dissed him personally.
    Robinson - From practice squad to the making a huge play in prime time in less that 12 hours.

Duds:
    Patient offense - it was either score very fast (4 play drives or less) or 3 and out (5 times) for the whole first half. Not including touchdowns, the Packers only had 3 first downs the whole half.
    WR's - made a couple of big plays, but weren't getting open consistently (only 11 targets and 5 catches for the 3 starters).
    Flynn - bad choices, especially the interception, when his receiver was blocking for him and never saw the ball.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm glad someone acknowledged Hawk, Burnett, and Perry. I think Hawk has actually been pretty solid the past few games. Burnett has had some moments this year, and Perry is quality off the bench. Not many teams have the luxury of a guy like him (and Neal) giving the starters a rest. About the only thing that concerns me right now is the DL stopping the run. They undersized and we could see more bad moments trying to stop good teams from running the ball.
    Nick Perry is building a pretty awesome highlight type this season. Not so much of it has shown up on the stat sheets but he's winning some 1 on 1's in pretty jaw dropping ways. Last night be blew up Loadholt as if he didn't weight 400 lbs.

I think he, Hayward, and Daniels can still totally save that 2012 draft.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Flynn deserves the only dud of the night.

That and the NFL's Thursday Night games thus far this season. Certainly not competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm glad someone acknowledged Hawk, Burnett, and Perry. I think Hawk has actually been pretty solid the past few games. Burnett has had some moments this year, and Perry is quality off the bench. Not many teams have the luxury of a guy like him (and Neal) giving the starters a rest. About the only thing that concerns me right now is the DL stopping the run. They undersized and we could see more bad moments trying to stop good teams from running the ball.
    Hawk is always solid, not stellar, or dominating but solid. That's what I really like about him. I would rather have 11 dependable, solid AJ Hawk type players on defense, than a few studs and the rest jag's. IMO Hawk is better than Mathews just because you can always count on Hawk to play. Although I am impressed that Clay seems to be playing decent with an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Nick Perry is building a pretty awesome highlight type this season. Not so much of it has shown up on the stat sheets but he's winning some 1 on 1's in pretty jaw dropping ways. Last night be blew up Loadholt as if he didn't weight 400 lbs.

I think he, Hayward, and Daniels can still totally save that 2012 draft.
    If Perry can ever develop a counter move, we can stop debating that draft.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hawk has been more than dependable this year. We saw it in preseason. He is making many more plays going forward and fewer chase plays. He is filling in against the run better. As always with this defense, its up and down across the board. If everyone was filling a gap like Hawk is through 4 games, run D not a problem any more.

The pass rush and return of the turnover are proof you need playmakers to some extent. The reason the TOP battle didn't matter and total yards was completely misleading was the turnovers. Many of which came off pressure.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.