Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

official game day thread 10/12. packers-fins

Nice post asswipe Go Pack.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Back from vacation in Hawaii and will finally get to see a Packer game live instead of a 5 hour delay. Packers beat the Dolphins in a make up for the Finley season ending injury in 2010 that we lost when Crosby clanked the goal post on a FG try.

Pack 27
    Fins 17
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

red's GD threads prove thinking is overrated. Packer by 11, 24-13.

Everyone reporter in Packerland thinks Linsley keeps the job even after Tretter is able to practice next week. If true, the Tretter becomes a backup, certainly at two and possibly at 3 positions. He hasn't spent much time as a pro at Guard, but they seem to believe he could do it based on scouting reports.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-12-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Now THAT is a deep draft class. Two long snappers.

Rob DemovskyVerified account
    ‏@RobDemovsky
    Jeff Janis and Richard Rodgers practice long snapping just in case. Ryan Taylor, cut this week, was the emergency guy

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8m8 minutes ago
    RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Temps will approach 90° for today's #Packers-#Dolphins game. GB is 2-6 the last 10 seasons when kickoff temp is above 75°

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 8m8 minutes ago
    RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Temps will approach 90° for today's #Packers-#Dolphins game. GB is 2-6 the last 10 seasons when kickoff temp is above 75°
    Ugh. What's the O/U on players who have to come out because of cramps?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Packers just tweeted out the link to the 506 maps site for TV coverage. Is that site official or just obsessive and impressive?

http://506sports.com/?campaign=social_20141012_33420337

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 3m3 minutes ago
    I'm told Dolphins' Mike Pouncey will play right guard today vs. Packers. He's very much into it -- despite his obvious ability at center.

I read somewhere that the Dolphins like Samson Satele at center very much.

I'm screwed today. If only someone would post one of the links to one of those sites where it's rumored you can watch a feed of the game live instead of being stuck with the frickin' Lions.

And the heat down in Miami, combined with the good offensive and defensive lines of the Phins, make me nervous about this game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm screwed today. If only someone would post one of the links to one of those sites where it's rumored you can watch a feed of the game live instead of being stuck with the frickin' Lions.

And the heat down in Miami, combined with the good offensive and defensive lines of the Phins, make me nervous about this game.
    Cannot believe this guy has not been remanded into Police custody.

https://twitter.com/GregPunzo

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...GR_GeoBlock_GP

What would keep an enterprising fellow like yourself from trying their 7-day free trial? Not sure if games are live or saved.

Blog Entries
    I find Red's detailed gameday posts more inspiring than his other ones.....
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I find Red's detailed gameday posts more inspiring than his other ones.....
    I try

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m9 minutes ago
    #Packers inactives
    11 WR Boykin
    16 QB Tolzien
    39 CB Goodson
    54 LB Carl Bradford
    58 LB Sam Barrington
    72 C Garth Gerhart
    95 DE Datone Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    72 C Garth Gerhart
    Party on Garth!

JC Tretter can't come back soon enough. I was thinking he could invent a new NFL positon: super sub. He could bill himself as the amazing 5-position man. That would be worth starter money.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Party on Garth!

JC Tretter can't come back soon enough. I was thinking he could invent a new NFL positon: super sub. He could bill himself as the amazing 5-position man. That would be worth starter money.

The ladies might like this.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packers 35 Miami 21

No Datone Jones, huh? I suspected as much. But dammit, he better be ready next week!

I am afraid the Packers will take the lead early on, though they won't look that great, but the fourth quarter heat plus the offensive and defensive lines of the Phins will wear them down, and in the end, they'll let one slip away.

KYPack