Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 7 Other Games Thread

The Giants aren't world beaters this year, but I think the damn Cowboys are for real this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The Bears seem to be a team on the verge of implosion.
    Deadspin agrees. Maybe not a dramatic as an implosion though.

http://deadspin.com/bears-lose-at-ho...ene-1648231172

Bonus though, trouble in Seahawks locker room over Harvin ouster.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
    Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman claim they saw no evidence of Percy Harvin not fitting in http://wp.me/p14QSB-9BBY
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 2h2 hours ago
    He whispered the words alone & in the dark. To say them aloud would betray societal expectations. "NFL Executive of the Year, Jerry Jones"

TWEET OF THE YEAR

Broncos versus 49ers. Almost as bad as Steelers versus Cowboys.

49ers receivers with a couple terrible drops tonight.

And there goes the record.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Wow, Chris Borland getting run over on that goal line score by Denver. I think it was pad-level that got him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I have decided I am enjoying the Bronco win rather than the other way around. But its close as Elway is still with the Broncos.

AND IN OTHER NEWS

Don Banks @DonBanks ยท 39m 39 minutes ago
    A classic stat: RT @LATimesfarmer: Victories at Soldier Field in 2014: Blackhawks 1, Bears 0.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Denver is probably the team I'd least like to play right now. The Miller/Ware pass rush made the 49ers line look pedestrian. The Thomas duo is so so so good and Peyton gets the most out of them.

Dallas is looking dangerous and while they may be for real but I don't really want to say they aren't terribly scary. Its hard to imagine them getting any better, they have no room for improvement. Seems like they can only get worse by playoff time although even then, they've got the kind of offense that can make every game a coin flip.

In contrast the Packers are pretty good right now but what makes them scary is all the room they still have for improvement. If their running game can play somewhere near its potential they'll have something special.

I think Indy is going to stop being underrated real soon. The Chargers are a great team, would be awesome to see them vs Denver in the playoffs.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

That Lion defense is starting to look special. Dang. If Megatron comes back healthy, this team could be scary.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That Lion defense is starting to look special. Dang. If Megatron comes back healthy, this team could be scary.
    Golden Tate, unexpectedly to many, has become a solid #2WR and carrying the load of a #1 quite well while Johnson is out/hobbled.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I don't have a good reason for it, other than my homerism, but I could easily see Rodgers lighting the Lions up in the playoffs if they meet. Like Atlanta in 2010.

Their defense is tough, and has gotten after him, but he's dealt them some pain too. The only defense that has consistently been able to keep AR in check was Lovie's.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I don't have a good reason for it, other than my homerism, but I could easily see Rodgers lighting the Lions up in the playoffs if they meet. Like Atlanta in 2010.

Their defense is tough, and has gotten after him, but he's dealt them some pain too. The only defense that has consistently been able to keep AR in check was Lovie's.
    Problem is the next time we play them won't be the playoffs. Although I agree. Its hard to imagine losing to them in Lambeau somehow. The old Lions don't pull out the win they did vs New Orleans though. These guys are different.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

You could have won serious money off me by betting Caldwell would be better for his team than Trestman this year.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-20-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Problem is the next time we play them won't be the playoffs. Although I agree. Its hard to imagine losing to them in Lambeau somehow. The old Lions don't pull out the win they did vs New Orleans though. These guys are different.
    The old Lions have started many seasons 5-2, 6-2, whatever before caving in the 2nd half of the season. I wouldn't give them any credit yet.

Shazier inactive for the Steelers tonight. Anyone know if he's hurt of just not dressing? I'd guess the former.

Jumal Rolle also not playing. Oh, and a 'clown' something or other guy as well, but that shouldn't matter, he hasn't played all season. Maybe he has a migraine.
    --

That's the most messed up play I've seen in a while. A toss sweep reversal to a flanker, who throws a left handed pass for a TD.

This pink shit is pissing me off.
    --

Early on it looked like we might have another blowout on a primetime game. It still looks that way only all of a sudden the Steelers are up 11. There's still 14 seconds in the half, just enough time to fumble the kickoff and allow one more TD.

Good Lord Jon Gruden is a dumbass. He just claimed that JJ Watt didn't get the big contract because of the sacks, tackles, batted passes, or otherwise on field results. No it was because he tries hard. No Jon, I'm pretty sure the results on the field are why he got the monster contract.