Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Other Games Thread

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Week 7 Other Games Thread

Nick Folk, Chris Ivory and Shane Vereen all good fantasy plays so far.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Nick Folk, Chris Ivory and Shane Vereen all good fantasy plays so far.
    I thought Nick Folk was a QB for the Bald Eagles.

Right now, I'm really concerned that the Lions are the real deal. I'll be keeping an eye on their game (at home) against the Saints.

That Lion defense is really playing well. When you read their quotes in the papers here in Detroit, they talk about feeling like no one can score on them. They talk about how aggressive and confident they are.

You talk to the Packer defenders, they're talking about adjusting schemes and keeping to your assignments and adjusting to the offense. It's a depressing comparison.

Now, the Lion offense is struggling, and Johnson probably won't play again Sunday. But their offensive line though not playing well now is probably better than GB's, and I'd rather have a team that has a stellar defense and whose offense is coming along and has potential, especially with a receiver like Megatron.

Dammit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jets blew it big time last night. The game was well within reach, and they couldn't put it away. The Jets had an inexplicable drive early in the 4th quarter. Starts with the punt returner walking away from a ball that was going to land just inside the 20...the ball bounces forward and NE down it at the 7. Then the Jets get a holding penalty on the non-return! Half the distance to the goal, leaving them to start from the 4. Jets drive goes nowhere (one first down due to penalty), the Jets pooch a punt out of bounds and NE gets the ball back in Jets territory.

Jets waste a great game by Ivory. Gino's stat line looks good (20/34, 226yds, 1TD, 0INT) but his play didn't pass the eyeball test at all.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Its a Bretsky kinda week:

Joseph Greget ‏@jgreget 10h10 hours ago
    “@AP_NFL: 49ers rookie Chris Borland gets first start http://apne.ws/1rK6hdf ” @UWBadgers @TomOatesWSJ
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rams playing to win. Fake punt deep in their own territory and convert on the Seahawks. Lol.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Come on saints
    Go PACK

Wow. Brees scrambled for a 1st on 4th and long.

So close to a perfect weekend.

I really wish the Saints had won before our game down there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I really wish the Saints had won before our game down there.
    Yes.

Well, the Bengals have Bengalled themselves.

Cowboys stadium playing Pantera in transition. Nice.

Rat Starter
    Rams beat the fucking Gulls! They're somewhat unlucky but they play hard for the Fisher King.

Last fumble wasn't reviewed.

Gutsy special team calls by the Rams. Fake punt in clutch time. Perfectly executed the "trick" punt return play that the Bears ran on the Packers a few years back - Hester ran opposite the direction of the ball and a Bear receiver/gunner CB named Johnny Cage/Cash/Whatever caught it at the other side and took it to the house (play was called back due to penalty).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Rams beat the fucking Gulls! They're somewhat unlucky but they play hard for the Fisher King.

Last fumble wasn't reviewed.

Gutsy special team calls by the Rams. Fake punt in clutch time. Perfectly executed the "trick" punt return play that the Bears ran on the Packers a few years back - Hester ran opposite the direction of the ball and a Bear receiver/gunner CB named Johnny Cage/Cash/Whatever caught it at the other side and took it to the house (play was called back due to penalty).
    Johnny Knox
    Go PACK

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Johnny Knox

Someone forgot to tell the Bears that playing at home is an advantage. They're 0-3 at home, 3-1 on the road.

Its amazing how the Giants offense looks like the bad Packers offense sometimes. Big strike, big strike, snooze, snooze, snooze, scramble. Snooze, snooker, big strike. Look terrible, score 14 points in a half.

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 17m17 minutes ago
    Source: Brandon Marshall called out Jay Cutler after the Bears loss today ยป

The Bears seem to be a team on the verge of implosion.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!