Thread: C J Spiller

CutlerquitRat HOFer

C J Spiller

Rumor has it he can be had for a second MAYBE a third. Would you do it?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    No. It's a steep price for a guy who will get limited touches behind Lacy and Starks and will be running behind Green Bay's 0-line, who don't exactly maul people. He would look good returning kicks and catching passes out of the backfield, but they have Harris, he's more cap friendly and he's somewhat established.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'd trade a 4th for him, but not a 3rd.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I think he would be the starter until Lacy figures out he is not a ballerina back there.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Rumor has it he can be had for a second MAYBE a third. Would you do it?
    I just looked up his stats for this year. He's averaging 3.4 yards per carry, and while he's averaging 33 yards per kickoff return and has one returning TD, he apparently is not a punt returner. Just kickoffs.

A third round pick for a 27 year old running back averaging 3.4 yards per carry, who can return kickoffs but not punts? I dunno.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    With a substandard QB.

Have him in a FF pool, he was a 4th round pick which *should* be ok for a starting RB, but he's been quite a disappointment even taken there. Fred Jackson went in the 7th round...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If we're trading 2nd or 3rd round picks, i would rather trade for an ILB or an OT

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    If we're trading 2nd or 3rd round picks, i would rather trade for an ILB or an OT
    Agree.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

We have more good RBs than we use now. I wish DuJuan Harris would get in on offense. With the Packers O Line, I like him better than Starks. Behind a good O Line, Starks would break open for some big gains, but with what we have, we need a back with more vision to find small holes and penetrate quicker. Give me Melvin Gordon, and you can have the other three - including Brockington - oops, I mean Lacy.

We need wist to come in and tell us that RBs are wasted in our offense, so this would be pointless.

Where's that crank been, anyhow?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    We need wist to come in and tell us that RBs are wasted in our offense, so this would be pointless.

Where's that crank been, anyhow?
    3 game win streak?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    3 game win streak?
    Could be. Maybe all this winning is bad for his heart. Hope he's okay, either way.

These next two games - wow. This team, at the break, could be 4-4 and having us all call for some heads, cuz that sounds a lot like 8-7-1, or could be 6-2 and having us saving our money for playoff tickets. Man, a big two games coming.

No idea what to expect, except that this defense still makes me nervous. And the offense - how long will it sputter?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack