Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Banjo: vs. Panthers Aftermath Week 7

Two games for Peppers against his former teams = 38-17 victories in both.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I read briefly that Perry played well. I could not see the game - damn Lions - so I couldn't watch to see how he did.

What's the word from the Rats who saw the game? Did Perry play well? I know he had a sack, but did he get more snaps than last week, and did he hold the point and cover anybody?
    Perry played 25 of 69 defensive snaps. He had one TFL and one QH. Don't know if he dropped into pass coverage. I doubt it. He was in Carolina backfield all afternoon. He played a great game. I believe his sack came on a classic bull rush. The guy is strong this year.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Two games for Peppers against his former teams = 38-17 victories in both.
    We should send him to Seattle on a one game loaner.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Perry played 25 of 69 defensive snaps. He had one TFL and one QH. Don't know if he dropped into pass coverage. I doubt it. He was in Carolina backfield all afternoon. He played a great game. I believe his sack came on a classic bull rush. The guy is strong this year.
    The sack was more of a speed rush. Got around the corner and Cam was flushed back into him.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    The sack was more of a speed rush. Got around the corner and Cam was flushed back into him.
    Yeah. I saw that too. Had a pretty nice bend on that one to get home. Not quite Von Miller, but it looked like a new trick from Perry.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Man, I only had 1 toe left on the Perry bandwagon during the pre-season. He was playing against 2s and 3s and not shining like you would hope from a guy with his size and speed. Harv tried to tell us from the drivers seat to just be patient. Stupid sexy Harvey and your being right about Perry.

Now we need to give Nick a (no pun intended) nickname.

Perry is turning into a nice little rotational piece. That's what our defense needs.... roatational cogs to keep everyone fresh and healthy - not supermen. Although, yes, JJ Watt would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I suspect this is the first time he's been healthy. From all accounts he's as strong as an ox but because of nagging injuries we haven't seen him play like this. Let's knock on wood that he won't be hurt again this year.