Thread: Panther Hunting: Winners and Losers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Winners:
    MM & Capers - Carolina was out-coached.
    Cobb - working toward payday.
    Rodgers - one slight overthrow from a perfect rating.
    Defense - they all stepped up

Losers:
    Um, er, second stringers - gave up 14 points in garbage time, and couldn't move the ball.
    Boykin - garbage time only, lower than Dorsey
    Janis - healthy scratch, can't even beat out a guy from the PS or a guy coming back from injury who has done nothing this year.
    stats - final numbers just don't properly show the complete ass-kicking that the Packers put on the Panthers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Boykin - garbage time only, lower than Dorsey
    Janis - healthy scratch, can't even beat out a guy from the PS or a guy coming back from injury who has done nothing this year.
    Although Boykin hasn't done much this year, it's not sure that he has been terrible. Cobb had slow start too, probably a whole team issue.

I was pissed that Boykin started ahead of Janis. But now that I am a day older and a day wiser, somebody had to sit down because of uncertainty at linebacker, and you don't want to lose Boykin mentally, so it was his turn to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Although Boykin hasn't done much this year, it's not sure that he has been terrible. Cobb had slow start too, probably a whole team issue.

I was pissed that Boykin started ahead of Janis. But now that I am a day older and a day wiser, somebody had to sit down because of uncertainty at linebacker, and you don't want to lose Boykin mentally, so it was his turn to play.
    Boykin had a few drops early and fell out of Rodgers favor, especially with the emergence of Adams. He made my list, more or less because there were no starters who deserved to be called losers. Still he hasn't lived up to what we thought he would be this year, and this game exemplifies that. Janis makes too many mistakes to get PT and isn't the (new) core special team player that Dorsey is. Just hoping for more based on him making plays regularly in the preseason.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!