Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Panther Hunting: Winners and Losers

Panther Hunting: Winners and Losers

Let's see your lists. I missed the game but sounded like a slaughtering.

Rat Starter
    Winners (pimps):

Claymaker - Played best game of the season. Was active against both run and pass. Allowed Newton to escape on a would-be sack, but Superman didn't get first down, so no problemo.

Cobb - Plenty of YAC. Another TD. Lock this guy up!

Rodgers - Was more efficient than a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Defense - The blueprint for beating the dreaded read-option is by scoring early and often. The D did its job by forcing a bunch of 3 and outs, and the O by scoring a bunch. By the time it was 21-0 the Panthers had little choice but to abandon the dreaded read-option.

Tramon - Gave up a TD, but had good coverage. The receiver just made a play. A winner just for showing up.

Losers (hoes):

McCarthy - WTF? "Benched" Rodgers early in 4th quarter. Yo fat man, some of us are trying to win fantasy football games, dammit!

EDIT: The 5 receiver set with Cobb and Dorsey in the backfield ain't bad, even though the play resulted in like 3 yards. I wanna see more of it!
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-19-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Dom showed major pimp hand shutting down his old team

Direct TV was loser for switching game. You don't do that to certain teams.

Blog Entries
    Dom Capers
    Clay Matthews
    AROD
    Cobb
    Nelson as always
    Lacy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Unsung heroes:

Ha Ha played another solid game.

Sean Richardson was all over the field.

Hayward, House and Williams.

Micah Hyde fielded a ground ball which might not have worked out, but otherwise I like the Hyde/Cobb punt return set.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Winners:

M3, Dom, Rodgers, Starks, Bulaga (home field makes him a different player), Cobb, Nelson (nice downfield block), Rodgers (nice downfield block) and Adams.

Losers:

Drew Brees and Rob Ryan (its 38-3 when the backups went in, no Packers losers. But Brees and Ryan weren't willing to help. Losers)

Honorable Mention: Guion. He has really turned it around. He isn't as stout as Raji or Pick against a double, but he can really get an edge and penetrate.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-20-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Winners:

I can't believe no one is mentioning Red's inspiring post to launch the game day thread, that's some major stud work right there.

Jerry Jones - early nomination for NFL executive of the year with what he's done with that team this year! lol, wouldn't that burn all the other owners???

Losers:

Bakh? Rodgers was sacked twice, I think at least one of those, the sack by Davis, was on him. There seemed to be some pressure coming from the left side of the line.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Winners: esoxx - 'twas my birthday yesterday and got to spend it in Lambeau with my daughter watching the Packers kick some serious ass. Best. Birthday. Ever.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Winners:

M3, Dom, Rodgers, Starks, Bulaga (home field makes him a different player), Cobb, Nelson (nice downfield block), Rodgers (nice downfield block) and Adams.

Losers:

Drew Brees and Rob Ryan (its 38-3 when the backups went in, no Packers losers. But Brees and Ryan weren't willing to help. Losers)

Honorable Mention: Guion. He has really turned it around. He isn't as stout as Raji or Pick against a double, but he can really get an edge and penetrate.
    I'm glad someone mentioned this. I can't tell if its the crowd noise, coincidence that he's faced some of the deadliest edge rushers away this year or both but its been night and day.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm glad someone mentioned this. I can't tell if its the crowd noise, coincidence that he's faced some of the deadliest edge rushers away this year or both but its been night and day.
    I think its his legs or his quickness suffering after injuries (possibly the injury from this year). His first kick step isn't what it was. It hurts against wide speed and is worse on the road.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Winners: esoxx - 'twas my birthday yesterday and got to spend it in Lambeau with my daughter watching the Packers kick some serious ass. Best. Birthday. Ever.
    cool! was there with my step-son breaking his LAMBEAU cheery. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    cool! was there with my step-son breaking his LAMBEAU cheery. lol
    Nice! The cherry (no pun intended) on top was having the Badger band at the game. Always a good time.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Winners:

Coaches. They knew Carolina better than Carolina knew themselves. They finally stuffed a running QB and did it with the newer, smaller, faster, more Napoleonic complex DL.

WRs. It has become a major risk to play press coverage on Jordy. Cobb is making people miss again and excelling in the congestion of the middle and endzone. Adams is playing incredibly well for a rookie WR. The strength of this group is that there is no tape to watch. They aren't just spamming one route combo like the back shoulder in 2011, they are each running the full route tree and running it perfectly.

Losers:

When the best thing you can say about your TE's is that DickRod can hit a moving target pretty well you've got a group of Jags.

Drew Brees you pile of crap. He better suck that hard for us this week.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    newer, smaller, faster, more Napoleonic complex DL.

They should have named the NASCAR defense "massed artillery".

Winners:
    MM & Capers - Carolina was out-coached.
    Cobb - working toward payday.
    Rodgers - one slight overthrow from a perfect rating.
    Defense - they all stepped up

Losers:
    Um, er, second stringers - gave up 14 points in garbage time, and couldn't move the ball.
    Boykin - garbage time only, lower than Dorsey
    Janis - healthy scratch, can't even beat out a guy from the PS or a guy coming back from injury who has done nothing this year.
    stats - final numbers just don't properly show the complete ass-kicking that the Packers put on the Panthers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Boykin - garbage time only, lower than Dorsey
    Janis - healthy scratch, can't even beat out a guy from the PS or a guy coming back from injury who has done nothing this year.
    Although Boykin hasn't done much this year, it's not sure that he has been terrible. Cobb had slow start too, probably a whole team issue.

I was pissed that Boykin started ahead of Janis. But now that I am a day older and a day wiser, somebody had to sit down because of uncertainty at linebacker, and you don't want to lose Boykin mentally, so it was his turn to play.

Did Barrington flash anything in his first start?

Winner:

Dom Capers for not playing Brad Jones?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Although Boykin hasn't done much this year, it's not sure that he has been terrible. Cobb had slow start too, probably a whole team issue.

I was pissed that Boykin started ahead of Janis. But now that I am a day older and a day wiser, somebody had to sit down because of uncertainty at linebacker, and you don't want to lose Boykin mentally, so it was his turn to play.
    Boykin had a few drops early and fell out of Rodgers favor, especially with the emergence of Adams. He made my list, more or less because there were no starters who deserved to be called losers. Still he hasn't lived up to what we thought he would be this year, and this game exemplifies that. Janis makes too many mistakes to get PT and isn't the (new) core special team player that Dorsey is. Just hoping for more based on him making plays regularly in the preseason.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Winners:

I can't believe no one is mentioning Red's inspiring post to launch the game day thread, that's some major stud work right there.

Jerry Jones - early nomination for NFL executive of the year with what he's done with that team this year! lol, wouldn't that burn all the other owners???

Losers:

Bakh? Rodgers was sacked twice, I think at least one of those, the sack by Davis, was on him. There seemed to be some pressure coming from the left side of the line.
    Guiness, I seem to recall one of those sacks was because of a poor sustained block by Richard Rodgers. If I'm recalling right, A-Rod stepped up in the pocket and RichRod lost control of Thomas Davis who chased Rodgers from behind as he approached the line of scrimmage. RichRod needs to learn how to block better. They don't seem ready to use him in the passing game, so if he can't block, what good is he at this point?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Boykin did not catch and pass and wasn't targeted Sunday. Boykin played 12 of 58 plays.

Barrington had one tackle and one assist. I think I heard his name mentioned once or twice in 29 plays (out of 69).

As for Janis, his small school career is a severe handicap, especially from Arod's point of view:

Q. There’s a level of trust you have to earn before the plays do come your way. How do you get to that point?

A. Janis:
    It’s putting in the time in meetings. Whether it’s with Aaron and them, if he asks the question you respond with the right answer, just so in the back of his head he knows I’m going to be in the right spot. I think that’s the biggest thing.

Q. What do you need to continue to get better at?

A. Janis: Just things like reading coverages, all those other things that the vets are pretty good at that I’m not used to doing just because I’m coming from Saginaw Valley. We really didn’t have to read coverages too much. Doing things like that, and I think attacking the ball in the air is something I really need to work on. There’s not much separation at this level like there was at Saginaw. I usually had 5 yards of separation. So I think that’s something I need to work on the most, just so that DB can’t make a play on the ball.

Q. So at Saginaw it was just a matter of, “I’m faster than you, and that’s all that matters?”

A. Janis: For the most part, it was pretty much, “Just run fast and get open.” We did have some plays where you’d have to read if the middle of the field was open or closed, but that’s pretty much it. We never really had checks or anything like that. It was just, play was called, and the quarterback would read the coverage and throw where he was supposed to throw. That’s something we had to get used to.
    From: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...peed/17528227/
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers