Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panther Hunting: Winners and Losers

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Did Barrington flash anything in his first start?

Winner:

Dom Capers for not playing Brad Jones?

loser:
    Panther DB Charles Godfrey. He got the ax after the Packers game:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arles-godfrey/

Not quite the same as getting coaches fired like the Packers did a couple of years ago, but still a sign of an impressive performance.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Sounds like Nick Perry might be finding his niche. Not exactly an every-down All Pro, but maybe an important role as a designated pass rusher, maybe a run stopper. I wonder if he can cover anyone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Sounds like Nick Perry might be finding his niche. Not exactly an every-down All Pro, but maybe an important role as a designated pass rusher, maybe a run stopper. I wonder if he can cover anyone.
    Probably not very well, but as you say, he's a niche player. There's room for a guy who can do 2 of the things you mentioned. As Meatloaf said, don't be sad, because 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably not very well, but as you say, he's a niche player. There's room for a guy who can do 2 of the things you mentioned. As Meatloaf said, don't be sad, because 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    I'll set an edge (set edge oooooh)
    I rush the QB (QB ooooooh)
    But there ain't no way I'll ever cover Tight Ends
    Ted don't be sad (don't be sad)

Well, my guess is that he comes into camp next year claiming he wants to be a "complete" outside linebacker.

Though man, you never see anything in the papers from him. He must not like to talk to the press at all. Or the press doesn't want to talk to him. Or both.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tramon needs to learn how to jump. He gave up two big catches to their giant rookie who "outjumped" tramon for both plays. Tramon got all of about 3 inches off the ground on both plays. If he could have gotten 4 inches off the ground he could have broken up or even picked off both balls.

I can get 4 inches off the ground. And i'm white, older then tramon, have a nice beer gut and only have one good leg

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Tramon needs to learn how to jump. He gave up two big catches to their giant rookie who "outjumped" tramon for both plays. Tramon got all of about 3 inches off the ground on both plays. If he could have gotten 4 inches off the ground he could have broken up or even picked off both balls.

I can get 4 inches off the ground. And i'm white, older then tramon, have a nice beer gut and only have one good leg
    Can you get 4 inches off the ground running full speed and facing sideways with your hands in the air and being bumped by a 230 lb WR?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Might just be his ankle. I've seen him dunk a basketball.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Can you get 4 inches off the ground running full speed and facing sideways with your hands in the air and being bumped by a 230 lb WR?
    Also, Tramon was out all week getting his ankle well enough to even play. Probably had 25 pounds of tape on it. Kinda minimizes his spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yes, you can never have enough guys who can rush the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, you can never have enough guys
    nature is harsh. Men talk a good game, but one is plenty.