Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Orleans

Ted doesn't have a great recent track record on first-round picks.

Bulaga-Sherrod-Perry-Jones.

I don't know how much their various injuries have played into this.

Nonetheless, Ted's not exactly lighting it up, though Clinton-Dix, knock on wood, seems like the real dea.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ted doesn't have a great recent track record on first-round picks.

Bulaga-Sherrod-Perry-Jones.

I don't know how much their various injuries have played into this.

Nonetheless, Ted's not exactly lighting it up, though Clinton-Dix, knock on wood, seems like the real dea.
    Bulaga, Perry and Jones can play but they have had issues staying healthy and you really can't put that on Ted. He's not that clairvoyant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Bulaga, Perry and Jones can play but they have had issues staying healthy and you really can't put that on Ted. He's not that clairvoyant.

That's really where the debate begins. I can't, myself, say for sure that Bulaga would've been the left-tackle-for-the-next-ten-years guy we thought or hoped he'd be when drafted. Is he a little slow-moving because of injury, or is he not what Ted thought, exactly?

Same with Perry. He's been healthy, knock on wood, yet he's not a full-time, effective outside linebacker. He's a niche guy, which is not what you hope for with a first round pick. Is that injuries which held him back, or was he never going to be that guy?

Same with Sherrod. Would he ever have been that Chad Clifton clone we hoped for? It's hard to say.

I used to think it was more a failure of these guys due to injury, but now, having them all be healthy yet not really playing like first rounders, I wonder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Sherrod is done, but the others still have hope.

Tom Crabtree released by Saints.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If you were Stubby, would you use the no huddle offense in New Orleans to start the game? On the one hand, you have the advantage of catching a so-so NO defense out of position. On the other, you invite mistakes and miscommunication in that loud, crazy venue. Plus, you risk giving Brees more playing time if you go three and out too many times.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I think the running game had more success last season when they went to a more normal offense after the Rodgers injury.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think the running game had more success last season when they went to a more normal offense after the Rodgers injury.
    They've run the numbers though and Lacy actually does better this year in shotgun snaps.

But in NO I want a varied snap count, if Linsley can do it in no huddle, great. If not, get under center.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Agreed. If Linsley's not ready to vary the count in no-huddle, you can't give NO that advantage. Not especially when Bulaga, on artificial surfaces, plays like he's stuck in mud.

I read yesterday that Brees goes over the middle on 56% of his passes. Ruh roh, Rastro.

The middle of the Packer defense - that great black hole.

KYPack

Lol... a Jetsons reference. We're officially fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

Saints will come out with some emotion and keep pace early, but their defense will be gassed in the second half and Lacy is going to pound them to death.
    Unfortunately, the exact opposite happened
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's really where the debate begins. I can't, myself, say for sure that Bulaga would've been the left-tackle-for-the-next-ten-years guy we thought or hoped he'd be when drafted. Is he a little slow-moving because of injury, or is he not what Ted thought, exactly?

Same with Perry. He's been healthy, knock on wood, yet he's not a full-time, effective outside linebacker. He's a niche guy, which is not what you hope for with a first round pick. Is that injuries which held him back, or was he never going to be that guy?

Same with Sherrod. Would he ever have been that Chad Clifton clone we hoped for? It's hard to say.

I used to think it was more a failure of these guys due to injury, but now, having them all be healthy yet not really playing like first rounders, I wonder.
    Bulaga hasn't played as well as I thought he would when we drafted him, but lets remember we don't win the superbowl in 2010 without him. That alone + him being a decent player make him a fair pick. Perry and Jones I can't say the defense would be any better or worse if they were on the team or not. That says a lot. And Sherrod....I mean wow.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Wasn't Bulaga pretty much rock solid in 2011? He had some bad moments at the start of 2012, but then again was playing very well before the injury. With a serious hip injury in 2012 and an ACL tear in 2013, he might never be the same as he was, and/or he might not yet be fully recovered from the ACL. He could be a better player next year, even if never again what he might have been.