Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He has a calf.

I have two.
    Counting your date?

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Sounds like they hired some hackers to get in on the visitors' radio signals.
    I am going with this if the Packers lose.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This game will be interesting b/c it is the type of game that Capers would usually sit back and let the veteran QB pick us apart. If he comes out with pressure and tight coverage we should be alright, but that is a big IF - Dom is still Dom.

We should win this game. NO is struggling, and we're playing okay... but they certainly have the weapons to put a beating on us. It's a 'pick em' game.
    wist

Shields and Burnett still not practicing. But Datone Jones is back. And so is Stark Plug.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Counting your date?
    I'm going to have a cow over this comment.

Wait a sec. Thought I just read, PB, that Datone is likely going to be out again.

Dammit, is it one of those high sprains again?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    This game will be interesting b/c it is the type of game that Capers would usually sit back and let the veteran QB pick us apart. If he comes out with pressure and tight coverage we should be alright, but that is a big IF - Dom is still Dom.

We should win this game. NO is struggling, and we're playing okay... but they certainly have the weapons to put a beating on us. It's a 'pick em' game.
    Hard to say we should win. The Saints are a different team at home. They are 10-0 at home the last two years and 3-10 on the road. They are 2-4 partly due to only playing 2 home games this year and losing some close road games. There is a reason they are favored. Next to Philly (and the match-up problems they present), this will be our toughest game.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Hard to say we should win. The Saints are a different team at home. They are 10-0 at home the last two years and 3-10 on the road. They are 2-4 partly due to only playing 2 home games this year and losing some close road games. There is a reason they are favored. Next to Philly (and the match-up problems they present), this will be our toughest game.
    The whole 19-0, 17-1-1 against the spread numbers under Payton at home more or less show what we already know: that the Saints have been really good. That 1 loss against the spread? That was this years home game against a terrible TB team that went into overtime. Their away record is like 9-14 or something but thats with 4 away losses this year to screw up that ratio too. By any measure they just don't have it going on this year compared to years past.

All belief that we should lose this game seem to be based primarily on this notion of a voodoo curse. NO looks out of voodoo to me. The ghost of NO is good enough to be dangerous but not enough to make this more than a Packers vs Packers game. I agree with Wist, an average day wins this game and looks good doing it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

3irty1 deserves a Citizen Kane clap for that shit. Where's ole Orson when you need him??

My one big concern with New Orleans is venue and the Packer O line. They have to vary the snap count to give the tackles a chance to get off the line before the DEs. Otherwise, M3 will just try to run to counter the speed, and that might not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My one big concern with New Orleans is venue and the Packer O line. They have to vary the snap count to give the tackles a chance to get off the line before the DEs. Otherwise, M3 will just try to run to counter the speed, and that might not be enough.
    I thought I heard their pass rush is nothing to write home about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post

Agree; NO is near unbeatable at home. It will take a great effort by Dom and the defense to help keep us in this one. They were both tremendous last week though; who knows what will happen
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Not I.

Burnett is no Darren Woodson but he's 100 times better a saftey than Micah "Hands of Steel" Hyde.
    lol, sweeping declaration right there. C'mon man, 100 times? He is slightly better if that.

I agree the primary difference is ball skills. But yeah, hyperbole....

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I thought I heard their pass rush is nothing to write home about.
    That might be. But the way the Packers have been snapping the ball, it makes a difference. If the O sticks with a predictable count by the center on silent shotgun snaps, NO will look much faster.

I wonder if Rodgers goes under center more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Agree; NO is near unbeatable at home. It will take a great effort by Dom and the defense to help keep us in this one. They were both tremendous last week though; who knows what will happen
    We'll see. 3irty1 has a point about this year. So far at home the Saints beat the Vikings (no Peterson and Casswater at QB) 20-7. Then they nearly lost to the Buccaneers 37-31.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We'll see. 3irty1 has a point about this year. So far at home the Saints beat the Vikings (no Peterson and Casswater at QB) 20-7. Then they nearly lost to the Buccaneers 37-31.
    Certainly can't rule out the possibility though, that the Saints came out flat at home against teams they expected to beat. Those two games were sandwiched around a game vs. Dallas. They won't be flat against the Packers. They need this game worse than the Packers do. Whatever New Orleans is capable of, I'll bet the Packers will see their best effort.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Certainly can't rule out the possibility though, that the Saints came out flat at home against teams they expected to beat. Those two games were sandwiched around a game vs. Dallas. They won't be flat against the Packers. They need this game worse than the Packers do. Whatever New Orleans is capable of, I'll bet the Packers will see their best effort.
    I agree. Big, big game for them...and us. If we want to think of ourselves as Superbowl material, this is where we've got to show up big time. I sure wish we had a playmaking TE...
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Hey, most people should be thrilled. Last summer, lots of people were calling for Wunderkinds Micah Hyde and Clinton-Dix to start ahead of Burnett.

Guess Burnett has showed you idiots.

Actually, I think I was one of the people hoping Burnett would get beat out. He really has been a pleasant surprise. Maybe the competition lit a fire? More likely, he was better than we thought all along, and his shitty partner at safety last year put more pressure on him.
    I think this is the truth.

I am starting to worry about Datone Jones. Hampered by an injury last year. This year, starting to miss games again. Is it another dreaded high-ankle sprain? Is he turning into another Nick Perry?

He better come back after the bye, and be healthy, dammit!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He practiced Thursday, but it out for the game. A little progress.