Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans

I just hope the Packers make some adjustments with their silent snap count so we don't see a repeat of the Miami game where the Dolphins seemed able to anticipate the snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I just hope the Packers make some adjustments with their silent snap count so we don't see a repeat of the Miami game where the Dolphins seemed able to anticipate the snap.
    +1
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The Saints are a lot better than their record, the 2nd ranked offense in football technically. Its a good matchup for us though IMO and it looks like NO is going to have a pretty long injury report too.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I was more worried about the Miami game than I am this one. They really have no talent on defense and running game really isn't a threat.

Get some pressure on Brees and it's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Injured. Or am I missing the joke?
    No, I really didn't know. Thanks.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Agree.

Was this happening in the Lions game too? Maybe it was just more obvious in Miami.

Adam Lefkoe ‏@AdamLefkoe 1m1 minute ago
    The New Orleans Saints haven't lost at home, under Sean Payton, since January 2, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Adam Lefkoe ‏@AdamLefkoe 1m1 minute ago
    The New Orleans Saints haven't lost at home, under Sean Payton, since January 2, 2011.
    I think their record on Sunday night is even more impressive.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 9m9 minutes ago
    4 games this week have over-unders of 50+. (That's a lot):

GB @ NO 54.5
    SD @ DEN 51.5
    CHI @ NE 50
    WAS @ DAL 50

Surprised PHI @ ARZ only 48

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Tom Crabtree was resigned by the Aints yesterday.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    We are jinxed down there.

Gris gris for all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Tom Crabtree was resigned by the Aints yesterday.
    Wow I didn't realize they had released him. Not going to lie, I would have appreciated stealing him back. He's definitely a Jag in most aspects of his game but he's worlds better than anything we've got as a blocker.
    Last edited by 3irty1; 10-21-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Wow I didn't realize they had released him. Not going to lie, I would have appreciated stealing him back. He's definitely a Jag in most aspects of his game but he's worlds better than anything we've got as a blocker.
    Apropos of that, Rodgers is getting mega coverage about his blocking being the reason he saw more snaps Sunday.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago
    #Packers Notes: Richard Rodgers' blocking gets him on the field ... http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...279864752.html

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Also, #Packers TE Richard Rodgers makes strides in his blocking, Mulumba update and 2013 7th-rounders get their shot http://pck.rs/1tH2m8s

This despite his error (McGinn dinged his for partial responsibility) getting Rodgers sacked and two bad run blocks. Actually Bob said the most promising block throw by a TE was by Bostick in limited action.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-21-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pierre Thomas has been ruled out.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oulder-injury/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Appropos of that, Rodgers is getting mega coverage about his blocking being the reason he saw more snaps Sunday.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago
    #Packers Notes: Richard Rodgers' blocking gets him on the field ... http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...279864752.html

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Also, #Packers TE Richard Rodgers makes strides in his blocking, Mulumba update and 2013 7th-rounders get their shot http://pck.rs/1tH2m8s

This despite his error (McGinn dinged his for partial responsibility) getting Rodgers sacked and two bad run blocks. Actually Bob said the most promising block throw by a TE was by Bostick in limited action.
    Man, I feel like I could cut up a couple minutes worth of evidence saying just the opposite from the Miami game. He wasn't the only one who was horrendous but he probably was the worst runblocker on the field.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Pierre Thomas out is a big plus for us.

Bostick didn't help himself Sunday with a dropped pass.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Man, I feel like I could cut up a couple minutes worth of evidence saying just the opposite from the Miami game. He wasn't the only one who was horrendous but he probably was the worst runblocker on the field.
    I mentioned in another post, it doesn't seem to be inline blocking he excels at, it's the open field stuff, springing WR's for big gains.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If you go to Twitter, Ty Dunne from JSO has some cutups on Vine of good Rodgers and bad Rodgers blocking in the Panthers game. Let's just say if he is better than Q, its a race to mediocre. But he seems very willing and likely will get much better.

He gets Kuechly in one of them.

https://vine.co/u/951004048419647488

Aaron Rodgers eats defenses like this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Saints have huge offensive numbers because they HAVE to score 40 just to win. Rodgers throws for 195 and 3 TDs and sits out in the 4th quarter.

Saints will come out with some emotion and keep pace early, but their defense will be gassed in the second half and Lacy is going to pound them to death.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

The Packers defense is superior to the Saints defense, so I expect to see 28+ points from Green Bay. Brees will have some success but I don't see them scoring more than 24.