Thread: I'm Getting In Early

I'm Getting In Early

Sunday vs New Orleans : Not as tough a game as generally predicted.
    Packers 34
    Saints 24

3 Sacks
    2 Interceptions

The Pack wins - going away.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Sad to say, I think there is a good chance it will be exactly the opposite: Saints 34 Packers 24

The Saints are shooting for their 11th consecutive home win. They are a different team at home, as the chart below makes clear. And since that chart was made, they beat Tampa Bay at home before losing away at Detroit.

There is bad juju in that dome. Maybe the Packers only chance is a pre-game meal of black snake and Eye of Newt.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the Packers win. Mrs. Maxie is casting a voodoo spell on the Aints as I write this. But don't get overconfident.

Home Away
    Record 9-0 3-8
    Points Scored per Game 32.4 19.7
    Points Allowed per Game 14.9 22
    Passing Yards per Game 346 280.9
    Rushing Yards per Game 104 97.3
    Turnovers (total) 7 16
    Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm telling you, this shit is real....
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

They did win the superbowl there... in 1997 .

But I have to agree with Maxie on this one... it's going to be tough, though very winnable. It's the kind of game the Packers need to win to improve their credentials as a real-deal team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    They've had the Vikings and Bucs as their only home games. Their OL in every game except the Vikings has looked like ours did in the Miami game. Their OL is hemorrhaging pressures, their run blocking is as comical as ours, Brees is making mistakes, and their defense just isn't deep enough to sustain last years level of play with the injuries they've had. They're good enough to make a game of it at home but Rodgers + another deadly pass rush + the best secondary they'll face all year is about the last thing they needed right now.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    They've had the Vikings and Bucs as their only home games. Their OL in every game except the Vikings has looked like ours did in the Miami game. Their OL is hemorrhaging pressures, their run blocking is as comical as ours, Brees is making mistakes, and their defense just isn't deep enough to sustain last years level of play with the injuries they've had. They're good enough to make a game of it at home but Rodgers + another deadly pass rush + the best secondary they'll face all year is about the last thing they needed right now.
    I hope you're right. It would be sweet to break that home dome streak.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm smoking what you're rolling, I'm just still a little paranoid.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Make no mistake, this is a game we could easily lose, but it's house money at this point. We expected to lose a game against Seattle and a game against Detroit. And between New England at home and New Orleans on the road, if we can win one, we're in the green. Should be entertaining, and as long as we don't completely lay an egg or lose guys to injury, I can't be mad.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Make no mistake, this is a game we could easily lose, but it's house money at this point. We expected to lose a game against Seattle and a game against Detroit. And between New England at home and New Orleans on the road, if we can win one, we're in the green. Should be entertaining, and as long as we don't completely lay an egg or lose guys to injury, I can't be mad.
    It's time to have a statement game where we go beyond just winning the games we are expected to win. I can't imagine the Saints being a home dog this week even though our arrows are pointing in opposite directions. I hope they give them the Vikings/Panthers treatment and get up early and limit mistakes. That might also take the crowd out of it, so hopefully some of the people pictured in Maxie's previous post will hit the French Quarter a little bit sooner!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan