Thread: Wolf Nominated for Hall of Fame

Wolf Nominated for Hall of Fame

He is a step further than before as he is under the contributors group and will proceed directly to a final vote where he needs 80% to get in. He and Polian were both nominated this year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ball-hall-fame
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h1 hour ago
    Linked in Wolf story

Hiring Holmgren: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/220587861.html
    Signing White: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/191927631.html
    Trading for Favre: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/212249761.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, for a pretty long stretch he was one of the craftiest GM's in the game. I think the sal cap crimped his style, though, and he probably got out at the right time.

Why not? He was as good as anyone for about an eight or nine year stretch, though his last couple drafts contained some stinkers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I dont know. Does putting together a team who won just 1 super bowl equate to being in the hall of fame?

If thats all it takes then there should be a lot more guys in the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I dont know. Does putting together a team who won just 1 super bowl equate to being in the hall of fame?

If thats all it takes then there should be a lot more guys in the HOF
    But he resurrected a franchise that had been moribund for 20 years.

And if you only put in zGm's who won at least 2 SB'S, you'd have a short list.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But he resurrected a franchise that had been moribund for 20 years.

And if you only put in zGm's who won at least 2 SB'S, you'd have a short list.
    Isn't that the whole idea of a HOF?

Honestly, I think Polian is far more deserving. His Bills team went to four straight SBs. Even if they didn't win any, it is a remarkable run. He took the fledgling Panthers to the NFCC in their second season. He took Manning over Leaf when there was real debate over who was better...then got the Colts a title.

I don't think Wolf has a chance to garner 80% of the vote alongside Polian.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I'd have no problem if Wolf was voted in. That being said, during his tenure at GB he did make some pretty bad decisions : letting Hentrich go to the Oilers, replacing Holmgren with Rhodes when Andy Reid was there to be had, and the most glaring mistake was making Mike Sherman the GM. Wow, what a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    I'd have no problem if Wolf was voted in. That being said, during his tenure at GB he did make some pretty bad decisions : letting Hentrich go to the Oilers, replacing Holmgren with Rhodes when Andy Reid was there to be had, and the most glaring mistake was making Mike Sherman the GM. Wow, what a mistake!
    Yes, these are the big mistakes I lay a the feet of Wolf.