Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Other Games

Week 8 Other Games

Chargers putting up good fight (mostly on D) but taking a risk covering press man at end of half and it cost them when Sanders got an outside release.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There are also a LOT of people celebrating Halloween early and dressing as empty seats in Mile High. America's Team indeed.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-23-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not a Week 8 play, but this needs to go somewhere. Fake spin move by DeMarcus Ware against Joe Staley.

PI on the Charger's Williams - sure showed the extent to which the game is slanted towards passing. Tight coverage, no contact until the ball was in the air, twisted around and ran into the WR - PI. He couldn't have played it much better.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

That fake spin move my Ware is sick pbmax. He sold it so well that Staley ended up looking like a fool and he's a pretty good tackle. Shows you how much they still respect Ware's speed.

Rat Starter
    P-Mann just dodged a bullet.

Rivers not impressing tonight. With Allen out, he seems to be focusing solely on Gates, not looking to anyone else.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Rivers not impressing tonight. With Allen out, he seems to be focusing solely on Gates, not looking to anyone else.
    They had real trouble running while falling behind as well. Then a LOT of penalties.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Doubtful Rivers still leads the league in rating after this game. Rodgers once again retakes his throne as the highest rated passer.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Just thought of this but is ESPN still touting the QBR thing or have they finally ditched that? I don't recall hearing it nearly as much as I used to.

Its still around and the CLUTCH factor is now being voted on by a committee.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Doubtful Rivers still leads the league in rating after this game. Rodgers once again retakes his throne as the highest rated passer.
    Rivers wasn't leading the league before this game. It was Manning (118.2), Rodgers (117.3), and then Rivers (113.0).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Refs really got involved in this game. Took away a red zone INT by he Chargers on an extremely flimsy PI call and arguably cost the Chargers 10 points with the fumble reversal at the end of the first half. Broncos won on both lines, but somehow looked very beatable regardless.

I only saw Manning get hurried once the entire night. Their pass prtection is amazing.

Whom do the (Pubic) Bears play this week?

I wonder how they'll respond. Lots of smoke and lots of claims of no fire in that locker room.

Just like Seattle.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Chi plays NE.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Chi plays NE.
    At NE.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Why did Cutler give up on that 3-19 play? Because the screen wasn't there?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Why did Cutler give up on that 3-19 play? Because the screen wasn't there?
    Oddly enough, could it have been the smart play?

Andrew Dannehy ‏@ChiBearsAD 10m10 minutes ago
    @FO_ASchatz @DaBearNecess Except nobody else is looking for a pass on that play. Only alternative is illegal man down field.

So his option would have been to run it.

Why couldn't the Bears decline that penalty on fourth down?
    --

Ugh.... the Panthers fumbled deep in Seahawks territory.