Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Lions-Falcons Game Day thread

Official Lions-Falcons Game Day thread

8 AM, the start of the Sabbath

I'm starting this important thread early so you can plan your weekend accordingly. If you don't like it, tell somebody who cares.

Rat Starter
    I'm surprised the Falcons are underachieving. From watching Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Atlanta Falcons, I thought the Falcons were a good team with an elite QB. Matty Ice is a natural born leader.

The Packers still have both Atlanta and Detriot left on the schedule so this game might be worth getting up for. Or not. I probably will not.

I haven't done the math or checked the fact, but it seems like Detriot is not scoring as much as it did in the past. Stafford, a gunslinger, seems to be playing like a game manager nowadays. You don't put a latch around a gunslinger and tell him not to gunsling, imho.

Atlanta 24, Detriot 20

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    The Packers still have both Atlanta and Detriot left on the schedule so this game might be worth getting up for. Or not. I probably will not.
    Oh, but you will. The seed is planted.

A 16-hour NFL marathon on the boob tube on the lord's day is pretty ridiculous. Jerry Lewis should host.

Tyrion, I can never tell when you are being sarcastic. Matt Ryan is a good but not great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Oh, but you will. The seed is planted.

A 16-hour NFL marathon on the boob tube on the lord's day is pretty ridiculous. Jerry Lewis should host.
    It is, agreed. However, if I'd busted my ass working on Saturday and gotten the jobs done for my work and around the house, and if I had the house/TV to myself, I'd probably tune in to much of it.

Matt Stafford isn't so much playing like a game manager as he is not playing all that great. The Lions don't have much of a running game,expecially with Reggie Bush probably out, so teams seem to play a lot of four-man rushes with lots of d-backs. Stafford does struggle with some of that, though he can still make some great throws as well as some clunkers.

But that defense is killing it right now. I think the Lions will win this one.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I haven't done the math or checked the fact, but it seems like Detriot is not scoring as much as it did in the past. Stafford, a gunslinger, seems to be playing like a game manager nowadays. You don't put a latch around a gunslinger and tell him not to gunsling, imho.
    I can do the research for you. Calvin Johnson, the security blanket supreme, has been injured.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One of the sports talking heads suggested that it was Golden Tate who did all the work on the game-changing touchdown. Some people in Detroit are bound and determined not to give Stafford any credit.

I don't think he's elite, by any stretch, but he's better than anything they've had in Detroit since before the Bill Munson/Greg Landry combo back in the 70's.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tim Twentyman ‏@ttwentyman 2m2 minutes ago
    The #Lions have suspended DT C.J. Mosley for 2 weeks for conduct detrimental and violation of team rules.

Probably insulted the Queen.

#moronintwonations

EDIT: Got Mosley confused with Fairley. Might be an idiot in only one nation.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Tyrion, I can never tell when you are being sarcastic. Matt Ryan is a good but not great QB.
    Ryan hasn't had much success in the playoffs but he has an elite arm. He can make all the throws. He's a top 6 QB in the NFL today, imho.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can do the research for you. Calvin Johnson, the security blanket supreme, has been injured.
    Detriot didn't seem to score much even when Johnson was healthy, from what I've seen. Seems like the coaches are telling Stafford not to take chances early in games. They're trying to turn him into Brad Johnson or something. A gunslinger gotta be gunslinging. We saw it firsthand with Favre, and it worked out pretty well.

Nice drive by the Falcons.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Nice play on the force out by the Falcons' safety. Stafford threw too high, though, and put Tate in position to take that blast.

Fairley down with a knee.

As a novelty, I like waking up and watching NFL football in the morning (for us East coasters). Even better with the Lions losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    As a novelty, I like waking up and watching NFL football in the morning (for us East coasters). Even better with the Lions losing.
    It started at 7:30 am here. It's easier for me to watch a game this early because most of the fam doesn't get out of bed until closer to 9 on Sundays.

Well, the Lions - in the first half - look like those same ol' Lions. Stafford's throws are all over the place, guys on the bench look dazed, and it was just a poor first half.

The injuries, too, are piling up. But that's something the Lions of the past few years haven't had to deal with. They've been remarkably injury-free up till this season.

KYPack

Church couldn't get out soon enough. The lions are playing without all three TEs and Calvin Johnson!? The poor dears.

I'm hearing a buzzing sound from the crowd. It's low level, but if you listen closely, it is almost like snoring. Actually very much like snoring.

Stafford has a great throwing arm.

Ryan hasn't had much success in the playoffs but he has an elite arm. He can make all the throws. He's a top 6 QB in the NFL today, imho.
    Ryan's biggest weakness as a QB is his middling arm. His throws to the sideline are thusly susceptible. For a guy in pretty good shape, he also doesn't move very well.