Thread: Official Lions-Falcons Game Day thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think I've seen a team choke that bad down the stretch. Atlanta can basically run out the clock. Instead they get a holding call. Stops the clock. Then, they drop an easy catch. Then, they get a defensive holding on a run play. Then, their coaches call a timeout immediately after a play by the Lions with 25 seconds, giving the Lions a free time out (instead of letting the clock run down). Just terrible. They deserved to lose. Not to mention, Matt Ryan threw about the ugliest interception you'll ever see also. No wonder Atlanta is 2-6.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't think I've seen a team choke that bad down the stretch. Atlanta can basically run out the clock. Instead they get a holding call. Stops the clock. Then, they drop an easy catch. Then, they get a defensive holding on a run play. Then, their coaches call a timeout immediately after a play by the Lions with 25 seconds, giving the Lions a free time out (instead of letting the clock run down). Just terrible. They deserved to lose. Not to mention, Matt Ryan threw about the ugliest interception you'll ever see also. No wonder Atlanta is 2-6.
    I think the penalty really confused them. That doesn't happen often when running to drain clock. Suddenly instead of getting the game clock down to about one minute, its stuck at 1:46. They recalibrate and decide, like they did with 3 minutes left earlier, that they HAVE to get a first down.

The other dumb thing was that zone they played on D. Stafford isn't going to run them to a FG. Play man. If it ruptures for a TD, then at least you get the ball back.

I still also hate Golden Tate, but man does he look good running down the seams of a defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.